Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, I did a lot of ducat farming and he has nothing I actually need. I guess I'll buy the Viper Wraith? I want those drat Tenno cosmetics, DE.

...and an Argyle display because why not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Both Wraiths, all the non-specific enemy Primeds for me, lotta dollar thrown Baros way.

Anyone have the Vulkar augment to trade? can get from either Suda or Arbiters.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Replace the OP with this please:

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Who wants to sell me both weapons, primed cryo, prisma shade, and primed morphic transformer? And for how much plat or how many keys (I have a lot of the old vaulted keys from the old system)? I don't have time to farm ducats :(

I also have access to all the suda/hexis stuff you could ever want, but if you have that many ducats to spare you probably don't need it. I also have a spare maiming strike probably.

edit: I'm not 100% sure on vulkar wraith or prisma shade. I don't get home for 9-10 hours.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 12, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Can't trade cosmetics, just so you're aware.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Oh drat, I think this is my first good Baro visit. Is Prisma Shade worth getting? I should be able to get all the good mods no problem but the Shade is 500 ducs which seems steep...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Echophonic posted:

Can't trade cosmetics, just so you're aware.
Prisma Shade+its weapon is an entire companion. Is it untradable anyway? It gives additional mastery over normal shade, right?

Or was something else I listed a cosmetic? I'm not after cosmetics. Just mastery and mods.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Khorne posted:

Prisma Shade+its weapon is an entire companion. Is it untradable anyway? It gives additional mastery over normal shade, right?

Or was something else I listed a cosmetic? I'm not after cosmetics. Just mastery and mods.

Oh, right, the shade's an actual companion. I guess it is tradeable, has a listing on warframe.market and everything.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A
Hah, I thought briefly about buying Primed Continuity from someone for plat, but I didn't realize legendary mods have a trading tax of 1 million credits. I guess I'll be popping relics to get some ducks this weekend, then.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Oh, right, the shade's an actual companion. I guess it is tradeable, has a listing on warframe.market and everything.

But like weapons, only when unranked and un-potato'd.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

nerdz posted:

the MR tests elicit a very unpleasant sensation in me, like a license exam or a job interview. They're definitely the lowest point of the game for me and probably what will make me drop this eventually.

By MR 6 you have nearly 75% of the game unlocked and there are no unlock above MR 14, so no need to worry about it too much. MR 13 Tigris Prime is all well and good, but MR 4 Hek is still able to clear everything in a room in 2 seconds.

With all the frame, weapons and augments we now have nearly All MR tests have a way to be cheezed out easily. Review them on youtube beforehand and find a way to pass without really facing the challenge.

Need to move & aim ? Use Ignis.
Dropping platforms ? Ivara tripline arrows.
Stealth ? Loki invisibility.
Ect.

Its more about having the right tools than being good.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

aleksendr posted:

By MR 6 you have nearly 75% of the game unlocked and there are no unlock above MR 14, so no need to worry about it too much. MR 13 Tigris Prime is all well and good, but MR 4 Hek is still able to clear everything in a room in 2 seconds.

With all the frame, weapons and augments we now have nearly All MR tests have a way to be cheezed out easily. Review them on youtube beforehand and find a way to pass without really facing the challenge.

Ect.

Abilities are disabled on stealth tests.

But yeah, after the MR 9 one, both 10 and 11 were ridiculously easy. It just feels weird how buggy and a ramp up in difficulty the stealth test is.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I highly recommend cobbling together enough ducats to buy Primed Continuity if nothing else, even if you are a newer player and it'll wipe your credits out. It doesn't come around super often (although it will eventually so don't totally despair if you can't) and it is one of the single best primed mods and a huge QoL improvement for a ton of frames.

Primed Reach is similarly excellent, although not quite as universal. What it really enables is turning the better polearms and whips into room blenders, which is fun and powerful in general and specifically enables some farms such as the sleep focus farm (although it's not 100% required for that).

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

aleksendr posted:

Ect.

I think that certain Rivens can have MR requirements of 15+. I've only seen one get to 15, though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I just jumped into Warframe for the first time and am loving it. Is the Xbox community active?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I've seen a couple of people mentioning Primed Reach for whips, I thought that didn't work? It only extended the hitbox of the whip tip itself, not the entire length? Has that been changed/disproven?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

turn off the TV posted:

I think that certain Rivens can have MR requirements of 15+. I've only seen one get to 15, though.

they can get up to 16. the mastery requirement on rivens is really loving dumb because it's entirely random and completely arbitrary.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

ElegantFugue posted:

I've seen a couple of people mentioning Primed Reach for whips, I thought that didn't work? It only extended the hitbox of the whip tip itself, not the entire length? Has that been changed/disproven?

They fixed that I think.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
For people with too much plat and not enough time/ducks, hop into trade chat and filter for "junk". You can usually buy 5 random prime pieces at a time for 8 to 10 plat total, though the price usually goes up when Baro is in town. 5 random prime pieces are worth, at minimum, 75 ducks. Prioritize cosmetics, as those can't be traded. For everything else, look at the prices on warframe.market and figure out whether it's better to turn your plat into ducks or just trade with another player.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the two-handed katana they showed in the stream is sick, but holy gently caress they're adding vehicles to Plains. You can jump into the grineer flyers and zip around shooting

lmao the fire alarm went off

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 12, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Babe Magnet posted:

the two-handed katana they showed in the stream is sick, but holy gently caress they're adding vehicles to Plains. You can jump into the grineer flyers and zip around shooting

I think part of the reason they're doing it is because they said that the next open world level is significantly larger than PoE. Sounds neat.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

turn off the TV posted:

I think part of the reason they're doing it is because they said that the next open world level is significantly larger than PoE. Sounds neat.

getting around on foot in the plains is awful and the archwing launcher costs too much for a new-ish player to fix it; so it's a really bad thing and I'm all about fixing it.

like I went in as a pretty new player because I started on earth and here are the plains and then there was the event, and then I had a Quartakk bp I wanted to build, and the whole thing was just annoying as gently caress.

smoothing that out so it's not so atrocious is critical if they ever want to sell me on "the plains, but bigger" anytime before 2019 when I have all the resources that are possible to have

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

My go-to source for quick ducks is buying Cernos Prime sets for 25-30 plat and trade in for 220 quackers. Seems to work out to roughly the same as prime junk (??) but it’s always a reliable source.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this stream is amazing

the fire alarm went off and now they have to leave the building in the middle of the stream

RIP DE

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khorne posted:

Who wants to sell me both weapons, primed cryo, prisma shade, and primed morphic transformer? And for how much plat or how many keys (I have a lot of the old vaulted keys from the old system)? I don't have time to farm ducats :(

I also have access to all the suda/hexis stuff you could ever want, but if you have that many ducats to spare you probably don't need it. I also have a spare maiming strike probably.

edit: I'm not 100% sure on vulkar wraith or prisma shade. I don't get home for 9-10 hours.

You might be better off trading for prime parts instead and then turning those prime parts into ducats.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
:rip: DE, killed by Red Veil

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You might be better off trading for prime parts instead and then turning those prime parts into ducats.
It's usually about the same price either way. Just with a big credit tax. I'll probably have to buy most things separately, but sometimes goons are loaded with ducats and want a convenient way to turn them into plat.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I want one of these quite badly.

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/951951598388961280

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

lol

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/907145-devstream-104-overview/?tab=comments#comment-9387643

DETaylor posted:

The first Devstream of 2018 proved be more eventful than planned, but with it came some exciting news and reveals to start the year. If you don't have time to watch the full stream, you can read the highlights in our overview.

For the full effect, we recommend playing this video in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5u477IFXQ

fire safety is very important!

Have a great weekend, Tenno!

EDIT:

quote:

They better turn it off before it triggers a Bursa

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

quote:

Khora and Damage 2.5

After posting our Dev Workshop about the Impact/Puncture/Slash changes and reading all of the excellent feedback you provided us on it, we are decoupling Khora from this system while we rethink its goals and objectives.

Khora will be redesigned slightly and released when possible. As for Damage 2.5, what we have planned is different from what we originally outlined in the workshop. Stay tuned for more details when we have them.

Good :)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe titania will get an augment to make one of her other 3 powers not completely worthless.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Here's hoping that they're actually fixing Armour scaling (which would make nerfing slash mandatory for balance) and giving some extra damage procs to the other damage types. Also changing the puncture proc, as that one makes no sense to me.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

The trick to MR tests is the same trick for everything else in this game. There is always a frame, weapon, or combination of those two that will trivialize what you're doing. This is obviously harder when you're starting out but after you have a full pokemon lineup its way easier. The hard part is remembering what powers frames have because wait what can Wukong actually do I haven't used him in two years.

This is why you keep Zephyr around :madmax:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

maybe titania will get an augment to make one of her other 3 powers not completely worthless.
They should buff them. I really like CC and titania sounded dope until I actually played her. She's still kinda cool for flying around and murdering things, but I really wanted crowd control too.

quote:

MMR Tests
If you're low MR, dry run it in simaris. Maybe skip through a video first.

If you're high MR, you can fail it a few times and it doesn't even matter.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kokoro Wish posted:

fixing Armour scaling (which would make nerfing slash mandatory for balance)
Slash is already the worst of the DoT effects against unarmored enemies. Slash is only so good/popular because it bypasses armor. When a level 100 heavy gunner has 96% damage reduction vs everything else, the armor-ignoring property of slash procs basically works as a 25x damage multiplier. Against unarmored enemies, where they'e not getting that "damage multiplier", slash procs are a lot worse than doing damage with other meas.
Hunter Munitions is already pretty garbage against enemies under 40 or so -- why add extra damage as a slow DoT that takes 6 seconds to do its thing when I could just kill them right now?
If armor was nerfed, it would have that same kind of value against lategame enemies.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Kokoro Wish posted:

Here's hoping that they're actually fixing Armour scaling (which would make nerfing slash mandatory for balance) and giving some extra damage procs to the other damage types.

So this actually makes no sense because nerfing armor already reduces the need for Slash. Slash procs do not interact with armor in any way. They are based on base damage and ignore armor. If a target has 1 armor or 1000 it's the same damage. So if you fix armor, you fix the reliance on Slash at the same time. That's the whole point. Without armor scaling, Slash is merely a DoT effect very similar to Toxin or Heat and isn't natively any more OP than they are. It ignores shields but so does Toxin.

I am glad you said that however, because it shows how these systems are very complex and the solutions aren't actually as apparent as they appear. It may seem that simply fixing armor scaling will fix everything, but the reality is that if they simply removed armor tomorrow, it would create as many problems as it solves. That is a big part of why they have had several false starts on this.

Right now, armor has warped the game around it at mid to high levels. This has caused the meta to shift towards finding solutions to armor, which it has: Slash+viral, corrosive, corpro, ability based armor stripping, etc. If you remove armor, then all of those builds suddenly become fairly useless and raw damage becomes king again. And the best way to apply raw damage is genocide frames like Banshee or Ember. That's already what happens in organized groups such as goon hydron runs.

So if armor is just flat removed, you actually have reduced build diversity (since solutions to armor are no longer necessary) and also completely trivialized any enemies that relied on armor to be threatening. So the entire grineer faction, corrupted heavies, bursas, many of the newer bosses, etc. There's a lot more you break but I don't want to get into all of it.

You might say "well don't remove armor, just fix the scaling!" But that is more complicated than it appears as well. Weapon scaling in particular is so out of control that if you removed armor scaling you might as well have just removed armor anyways.

What really needs to happen is a ground up overhaul of the core defensive and offensive mechanics of the game. That's a pretty big freaking deal when you are talking about what, four or five years of accretion? More? I don't remember and I'm on mobile so Im not gonna bother checking. I don't know what the economics of that look like but I doubt it's super feasible.

I hope that they can figure out some ways to address these issues piecemeal but it certainly will not be easy and is not as simple as everyone makes it out to be.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

even a simple change along the lines of blanket-reducing the armor scaling by like 33% would most likely heavily sway things in some most likely unwanted direction. i really do wish the higher level stuff didn't begin and end at fucktons of armor but there will absolutely always be a small handful of crap that people solely rely on for taking on content.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Khorne posted:

If you're high MR, you can fail it a few times and it doesn't even matter.

other good news is the recent hotfix made it so if you complete/fail a MR practice test you load back in front of the console instead of all the way back at the start of the relay, so no more running or fast traveling back if you want to do it again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if they played around with different numbers before reworking the entire system, but that's not the de way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AttackBacon posted:

So this actually makes no sense because nerfing armor already reduces the need for Slash. Slash procs do not interact with armor in any way. They are based on base damage and ignore armor. If a target has 1 armor or 1000 it's the same damage. So if you fix armor, you fix the reliance on Slash at the same time. That's the whole point. Without armor scaling, Slash is merely a DoT effect very similar to Toxin or Heat and isn't natively any more OP than they are. It ignores shields but so does Toxin.

I am glad you said that however, because it shows how these systems are very complex and the solutions aren't actually as apparent as they appear. It may seem that simply fixing armor scaling will fix everything, but the reality is that if they simply removed armor tomorrow, it would create as many problems as it solves. That is a big part of why they have had several false starts on this.

Right now, armor has warped the game around it at mid to high levels. This has caused the meta to shift towards finding solutions to armor, which it has: Slash+viral, corrosive, corpro, ability based armor stripping, etc. If you remove armor, then all of those builds suddenly become fairly useless and raw damage becomes king again. And the best way to apply raw damage is genocide frames like Banshee or Ember. That's already what happens in organized groups such as goon hydron runs.

So if armor is just flat removed, you actually have reduced build diversity (since solutions to armor are no longer necessary) and also completely trivialized any enemies that relied on armor to be threatening. So the entire grineer faction, corrupted heavies, bursas, many of the newer bosses, etc. There's a lot more you break but I don't want to get into all of it.

You might say "well don't remove armor, just fix the scaling!" But that is more complicated than it appears as well. Weapon scaling in particular is so out of control that if you removed armor scaling you might as well have just removed armor anyways.

What really needs to happen is a ground up overhaul of the core defensive and offensive mechanics of the game. That's a pretty big freaking deal when you are talking about what, four or five years of accretion? More? I don't remember and I'm on mobile so Im not gonna bother checking. I don't know what the economics of that look like but I doubt it's super feasible.

I hope that they can figure out some ways to address these issues piecemeal but it certainly will not be easy and is not as simple as everyone makes it out to be.

You're making this much more complicated than it needs to be because you're forgetting about the enemy health types and damage resistances. "Armor" is two health types, ferrite and alloy, that has a neat secondary effect of the insanely stupid scaling of damage reduction until a unit has its armor depleted. I believe with all of my heart that DE can just say gently caress it and scale Grineer enemies based off of regular old damage resistances like the majority of the other two factions.