Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Goddammit Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Kat: a goon's goon.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I liked Video Game II better.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds!

Just kidding, this shits adorable :3:

This whole chapter has been really cute and relaxing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Which means the next one will open with a banger.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It had better not have lootboxes Paz. :argh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:3:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah, everything in this chapter was so pleasant and positive (except for Anthony, but Annie's reaction to him made it lighthearted again) that I'm half expecting the other shoe to drop during the bonus page.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Paz is probably a hardcore Stardew Valley player, right

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samuringa posted:

Paz is probably a hardcore Stardew Valley player, right

Pretty easy to guess which character she romances.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Goddammit, Paz, stop being so good at this. Teen romance is supposed to be full of poor communications, selfishness, misunderstandings and hurt feelings. You're not allowed to be this understanding of your partner's needs and hobbies.

(:3:)

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Katurday is the best.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

WilliamAnderson posted:

Katurday is the best.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I would recommend the HD remaster just for the improved graphics alone (they're gorgeous) but it's painfully obvious that New Character and Pointless Ancillary Questline were written by a completely different team and bring nothing particularly distinctive to the table. Still, nice to see a new generation of gamers introduced to the classic A Video Game.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I would recommend the HD remaster just for the improved graphics alone (they're gorgeous) but it's painfully obvious that New Character and Pointless Ancillary Questline were written by a completely different team and bring nothing particularly distinctive to the table. Still, nice to see a new generation of gamers introduced to the classic A Video Game.

That they turned Optional Sidequest into a DLC was a travesty, though.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
A Video Game 2 wasn't bad, but it was crushed by people's impossible expectations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fecha posted:

A Video Game 2 wasn't bad, but it was crushed by people's impossible expectations.

Nah. A Video Game 2 was a clear rush job, even accounting for the hype train. Egregious repetition of environments and lazy encounter structure are the final nails in the coffin for what could have been a good story, if they'd taken their time and Evil Corporation hadn't set a hard release date. Meanwhile, Scammy McKickstarter....

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Warmachine posted:

Nah. A Video Game 2 was a clear rush job, even accounting for the hype train. Egregious repetition of environments and lazy encounter structure are the final nails in the coffin for what could have been a good story, if they'd taken their time and Evil Corporation hadn't set a hard release date. Meanwhile, Scammy McKickstarter....

Are you game dev!?!? Scammy McKickstarter is making A PC Game and it's more important than anything ever ever done before, it's going to make A Video Game look like pong!!!!! If you're not a game dev you have NO RIGHT

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This thread is like watching SA lap itself

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Wait, are you talking about the original A Video Game or the new nostalgia fueled remake cash in of the same name?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Christ, I thought I clicked on a Mass Effect thread for a second there.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
A Video Game is bad :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
while the masses are always fawning about A Video Game, I actually prefer Another Video Game. It's pretty sophisticated and deep. You probably haven't heard about it. :smug:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BrightWing posted:

A Video Game is bad :colbert:
You're just bad at doing A Technique. git gud, scrub.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Does AVG have motion controls?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Mraagvpeine posted:

Does AVG have motion controls?

It has nothing but motion controls!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
A Video Game is basically unplayable without Popular Mod, Obscure Niche Mod, Incredibly Divisive Mod, Questionably Balanced Mod, and Specific Branch Of A Mod Abandoned By Its Original Creator Due To Drama And Subsequently Cloned By Multiple Modders Including The Original Modder After He Calmed Down A Bit Each Declaring Themselves The True Continuation Of The Original Mod Like When Superman Died That First Time.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Paz Is The Dark Souls Of Girlfriends

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Furthermore, Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Video Game System's established hardware versus the new hardware of the Rival Video Game System but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Rival Video Game System was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Video Game System gives us A Video Game - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Rival Video Game System gives us Another Video Game. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_o6DxhslAI

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The 900BX looks terrible.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Coxswain Balls posted:

Goddamn it, beaten.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Coxswain Balls posted:

Unless needed when necessary.

Bonus points for the subliminal reference to MK Ultra

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I remember someone saying HELLOOOOOOOOOOO

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Yay a ysendrin chapter!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Yaaaay it's gonna be another happy chapter! :dance:

:ohdear:

Geocities Homepage King