Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hyrule Warriors has been announced for Switch and will apparently have Breath of the Wild costumes, plus all the content from the original and 3DS releases, including DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dynasty Warriors 9's play loop looks really interesting from that video.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Today I learned that shovel knight is in hyrule warriors :psyduck:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tae posted:

wait what

Is that from the Direct announcement?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tae posted:

Sure it wasn't Spirit Tracks Zelda?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Did you mean the Phantom?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never played the DS one, so I still learned something new.

I don't remember him being announced though.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jack Trades posted:

Those aren't even great swimsuits.

I also like the doofy motherfucker on the left. It's 'swimsuit, swimsuit, lovely swimsuit, FULL ARMOR AND BANNERS'.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
And still no option to pre-purchase on Steam. How do I get my pre-order stuff if I can't pre-order, KT!?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

PureRok posted:

And still no option to pre-purchase on Steam. How do I get my pre-order stuff if I can't pre-order, KT!?

don't pre order games. you can download a pic of your favorite anime babe in a swimsuit any time you want for free

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

To be fair, that's less relevant now that steam has refunds, so even if the port turns out to be totally broken you can just refund it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Tae posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Did you mean the Phantom?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
Hey I’m tentatively hyped for DW9 on pc. I played 8 years ago on PC but I remember the controls being bad so I never got far. I really like what I’ve seen in videos of DW9. Hopefully it’s on cdkeys or something, though I’d probably still pay full price if it can be another mindless podcast game for me.

I’m also a TW nerd so it’s weird two different ROTK games are coming out this year but I’m hyped

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Hyrule Warriors has been announced for Switch and will apparently have Breath of the Wild costumes, plus all the content from the original and 3DS releases, including DLC.

Oh my god yessss

I got FE Warriors and honestly, I felt pretty disappointed by it and the whole time I was thinking "Maybe I should get my Wii U out and play some Hyrule Warriors"

I hope the switch version works better with split screen, doing missions that required killing x amount of troops in a time was impossible on split screen cause the game wouldn't render near as many enemies. Especially once the large boss enemies showed up.

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 12, 2018

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

The Hyrule Warriors on 3ds has the ability to quickly switch between commanders like in samurai warriors 4 (I think that's the one) and it improves the game so much. I sure hope that feature heads over to the switch version.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Chinook posted:

The Hyrule Warriors on 3ds has the ability to quickly switch between commanders like in samurai warriors 4 (I think that's the one) and it improves the game so much. I sure hope that feature heads over to the switch version.

If it does, I will buy it despite owning the Wii U version.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Chinook posted:

If it does I won't buy it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think someone mentioned Great Fairies in there, which was apparently a 3ds thing? So wouldn't that mean character switching would be there?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
FE Warriors also has character switching. I'd expect it to be in Switch Hyrule

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PureRok posted:

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/950879617736359936

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Autoresolve in the TW games aren't recommended because the algorithm is hosed up. You could have less troops but more advanced army and still lose. It feels random, you can reload a save and get different results in same autoresolve.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I’d love for autoresolve to be an AI vs AI battle you can watch

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

I’d love for autoresolve to be an AI vs AI battle you can watch

Total War: Warhammer 2 has a mod where you can delegate a part or all of your army to an AI which is basically what you want just with an extra button press.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I like the part where he uses a grappling hook to climb a ladder.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I like the part where he uses a grappling hook to climb a ladder.

If you had a choice to use a grappling hook and not use a grappling hook, why would you ever choose the latter?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Reading this thread got me to reinstall DW8 XL. Turns out I never played through Shu’s story mode!

Thoughts so far, Zhang Fei is great. I love moves which single out an enemy for a personal beatdown.
Liu Bei is fun, though flipping and dancing around a lot more than I remember in previous games. Which games did he drop the musache in?
Guan Yu hits things so slowly normal soldiers can interrupt him and his move set just seems a bit dull.

Cutscenes where the three brothers panic when ambushed by ten normal soldiers are at odds with me having just killed 1050 of them.

I love this game.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Reading this thread got me to reinstall DW8 XL. Turns out I never played through Shu’s story mode!

Thoughts so far, Zhang Fei is great. I love moves which single out an enemy for a personal beatdown.

Zhang Fei, while historically a Turdy Man (TM), is often the go-to drunken bear fighterman and it's always a hoot.

Liu Bei is fun, though flipping and dancing around a lot more than I remember in previous games. Which games did he drop the musache in?

DW6 onward, as far as I can recall. Changing him to dual swords is almost worth the babyface, though, as it's both closer to the novel and very stylish.

Guan Yu hits things so slowly normal soldiers can interrupt him and his move set just seems a bit dull.

Gotta use his EX move to get more oomph. Guan Yu feels more like a cannon than a technician - he's for tactically approaching and laying out the target in a single blow (see his 2nd musou, which does astonishing damage) instead of just mindlessly diving in like ZF or LB.

I love this game.

:same:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Chachi posted:

Zhang Fei, while historically a Turdy Man (TM), is often the go-to drunken bear fighterman and it's always a hoot.

Pretty much all of shu was poo poo historically. (And insufferable in game), but Zhang Fei is usually a pretty fun, take no poo poo type of brawler.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Guan Yu's EX6 is super powerful, and oneshots just about every officer, and two shots super armors (e.g. empowered Lu Bu).

Yes he's a tactical cannon, and one of my favorite movesets. Velocity on weapon is pretty strong with him obviously. And with weapon swap you can use a faster secondary moveset for crowd clearing if you really feel constrained by it.

Though this is mostly in DW8 Empires, haven't touched DW8XL for a long while, so grain of caution there.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

lurksion posted:

Though this is mostly in DW8 Empires, haven't touched DW8XL for a long while, so grain of caution there.

I want to play DW8 Empires, but then I realized that I also have stuff in SW4E I still need to complete. I also got Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate recently, and I haven't really made much progress in it yet. In turn, I remembered that I installed One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 a while ago and haven't played it since. I also remembeedr Dynasty Warriors 9 is due to come out next month and- -

Oh god, I've fallen into the pit of too many Musou games. :negative: I was warned about this.

On a more serious note, I played Orochi 3 yesterday, and I like it so far. The time-travel story gimmick is pretty fun, and it makes me interested in unlocking more characters. I've heard that it's really grindy though.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
DW4 after DW3 is such a nicer beginning. The big change is simply that people drop healing stuff so much more often. It's still tough, especially with later maps, but it's not completely horrible.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bloodly posted:

DW4 after DW3 is such a nicer beginning. The big change is simply that people drop healing stuff so much more often. It's still tough, especially with later maps, but it's not completely horrible.

My main gripe with DW4 was that many of the maps seemed bland and/or tiny compared to DW3 (He Fei felt kinda poo poo in DW4 after the insanely difficult DW3 map), with some even being recycled and renamed for different stages (Xia Pi Castle & Xiao Pei being an example I remember in particular). Still played the gently caress out of it (and 4XL) though, and 2P in either game was (and probably still is) a hoot, especially with crummy-stat fresh characters on hard maps which split you up at the start.

DW3 He Fei Castle can eat all the dicks though, with that loving Sun "I Love Crossbow Units" Quan bastard making GBS threads the map up with Archers of Death. And then there's that one ambush.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

My main gripe with DW4 was that many of the maps seemed bland and/or tiny compared to DW3 (He Fei felt kinda poo poo in DW4 after the insanely difficult DW3 map), with some even being recycled and renamed for different stages (Xia Pi Castle & Xiao Pei being an example I remember in particular). Still played the gently caress out of it (and 4XL) though, and 2P in either game was (and probably still is) a hoot, especially with crummy-stat fresh characters on hard maps which split you up at the start.

DW3 He Fei Castle can eat all the dicks though, with that loving Sun "I Love Crossbow Units" Quan bastard making GBS threads the map up with Archers of Death. And then there's that one ambush.

The ambush that occurs no matter what side you're on!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The Zuo Ci and Zhang Jiao hypothetical level.

A magical dream team I never considered would get their own level until I unlocked it.

I like how they alternate miracles to gently caress over Cao Cao.

“I summon a phantom army”
“I’ve set everything on fire”
“Summoned a hurricane”
“Rocks falling everywhere now”

And Jiao is so excited when his buddies rock up to help. :3:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I consider myself incredibly lucky that I played through DW3 and 3XL while in college, because my friend and I were able to sink so many hours into getting real good at the game, thanks to being snowed in during the winters of the frozen tundra that is northern Vermont.

Without 2P mode, where I could use Cao Cao's 4th weapon with the Death element to burn through enemy generals in seconds while my friend played as the character who's weapon we were going for, I never would have been able to unlock half of those final weapons, especially the 3XL ones. That game was brutally difficult, but made for some of the most fun co-op gaming experiences that I've ever played.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVnDX1qvWck

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
English VA is confirmed!

I loved the dumbass english voice acting in DW8 it was so perfect in the dumbass game that is DW.
That was a huge thing that was missing for me in DW8E.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I love the music of B’z so much

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I never knew I wanted house customization in a DW game until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there still no coop? :(