Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nobody likes molson. It's just something you drink to get drunk. There's no enjoyment in any of their products.

A buddy of mine is a rep with Molsons and cannot drink a non-molsons product in public as part of his job. That makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Meh. Granville Island Brewing is owned by Molson, and it's fine, if forgettable.

Cue the people that are still angry about the acquisition and then descent into mediocrity

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

ante posted:

Meh. Granville Island Brewing is owned by Molson, and it's fine, if forgettable.

Cue the people that are still angry about the acquisition and then descent into mediocrity

Oh I forgot about granville, it's not bad.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I enjoy a nice Alexander Kieth's. The beer of choice of old white dudes.

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig
I am extraordinarily happy that there is a brewery not 3 blocks away that supplies my local. Yellowhead Brewery is serviceable as beer goes, but at least it's local.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Downtown Toronto is great for it, you've got Eastbound, Radical Road, Rorschach, Left Field, Bellwoods, Blood Brothers, Saulter St...it's awesome.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Granville is Molson? Dang. Oh well, still won't stop me drinking their Winter Ale.

MA-Horus posted:

Nobody likes molson. It's just something you drink to get drunk. There's no enjoyment in any of their products.

A buddy of mine is a rep with Molsons and cannot drink a non-molsons product in public as part of his job. That makes me sad.

My friend works for Coke and he half-jokingly has told me that he can NOT ever be found drinking Pepsi products. Not just Pepsi proper (hey, that'd make a good drink name) but even Tropicana or Gatorade. Not sure if it extends to food.

Whenever I think of Coke bros and Pepsi guys meeting I think of the anchor fights from Anchorman.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Basic workers/human rights should totally forbid any contracts that tell you what products you can or can't be seen with outside of working hours.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I think the punishment for Torres is excessive. The guy who hit Jacques Parizeau in the face with a cream pie received 60 hours of community service, for example. Two people charged for pieing Stéphane Dion got the same. The kid who pied Chrétien got 30 days jail. Pieing poses a much greater risk of inflicting serious injury than throwing a little ball of paper at someone. Would Torres have been so harshly dealt with if he were white, like the above mentioned perps? I think it's a fair question to ask. Definitely indicates a harsh authoritarian trend in Quebec

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry for starting beer derail #4081.

I do legit know guys who prefer Canadians or Kokanees over "weird stuff". Tend to be old timers though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baronjutter posted:

Basic workers/human rights should totally forbid any contracts that tell you what products you can or can't be seen with outside of working hours.

I don't think it's formalized but it would be a black mark on you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

You mean this guy? http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/11/08/un-etudiant-recevra-175-000-de-la-ville-de-montreal-pour-la-perte-dun-oeil

He only lost one eye and our sweet rear end democracy let him sue and he'll get 175,000 bucks and up to 230,000 after interest calculations because of police misconduct. What an amazing place to live.

Pfft. That barely even qualifies compared to what that other guy who was partially blinded due to Canadian law enforcement got.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

I think the punishment for Torres is excessive. The guy who hit Jacques Parizeau in the face with a cream pie received 60 hours of community service, for example. Two people charged for pieing Stéphane Dion got the same. The kid who pied Chrétien got 30 days jail. Pieing poses a much greater risk of inflicting serious injury than throwing a little ball of paper at someone. Would Torres have been so harshly dealt with if he were white, like the above mentioned perps? I think it's a fair question to ask. Definitely indicates a harsh authoritarian trend in Quebec

So what, he got 100 hours? He's a left activist who loves his community and doing good so you have to give him a bit more.

E: the guy did an assault, the police charged him with assault, he pled guilty to assault and the judge met in the middle of what crown and defense were asking for. Love it

Postess with the Mostest fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 13, 2018

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Butcher posted:

I'm sorry for starting beer derail #4081.

I do legit know guys who prefer Canadians or Kokanees over "weird stuff". Tend to be old timers though.

The problem is a lot of "weird stuff" is not appropriate for drinking simply to quench one's thirst. I don't know why more craft breweries don't make and market a beautiful pilsner- or kolsch-style beer, or a nice Maibock, or that sort of thing. Phillips Analog 74 is loving amazing, but no one carries it because they'd rather have market the "gently caress your face and rear end in a top hat with hops motherfucker!!!!" beer from 10 different breweries -- and Phillips indulges them by making stupid dumb poo poo for garbage assholes like the "Hop Box" sampler pack of a bunch of different IPAs no sane person needs.

Every guy I've ever seen crushing Kootenay Ale can be easily, easily tempted to pretty much any good beer in a lighter style.

Anyway, that is my rant about beer for the day.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

If I read "Torres" and "punishment" in the same sentence I can't help but think about hockey.....

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

god drat coke head

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Mmm refreshing, thirst-quenching hops. Yum!

There are good and bad IPAs. Pine-like hops are an acquired (and weird taste). If you feel adventurous, try spruce beer (with or without alcohol) next time you're in Montreal.

There's plenty of other delicious beers. No need to hate. Except the Keg and chain restaurants.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

THC posted:

The Iraqi dude who threw his shoe at bush got less of a sentence in loving Iraq lmao

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Mmm refreshing, thirst-quenching hops. Yum!

There are good and bad IPAs. Pine-like hops are an acquired (and weird taste). If you feel adventurous, try spruce beer (with or without alcohol) next time you're in Montreal.

Oh, there's definitely good IPAs. I'll drink Herbe a Detourne and Corne du Diable with the best of the them. But most IPAs are not those, and even those have niche utility.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Goddamnit Trudeau why do you have to be so useless and weak, like a small child?

As a contrast, wicked awesome ex-president of Mexico:

https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/951586161931235328

Trudeau, be like the cool Mexican twitter man!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Realpolitik

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

PT6A posted:

Goddamnit Trudeau why do you have to be so useless and weak, like a small child?

Yeah, good idea, piss off the US president the day after we start a trade war

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

On the other hand he could maybe pretend he has some sort of principles or something. Or whatever, prolly not a big deal that he's acquiescing to the orange dotard's deranged racism, right?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol if you think anything we say or do could possibly disadvantage us further.

PT6A posted:

On the other hand he could maybe pretend he has some sort of principles or something.

You uh, know what party he represents, right?

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

James Baud posted:

While we're throwing around words we only know the existence of due to US politics, was the final verdict that it's okay to use niggardly or is it effectively off limits until the end of time?

Maybe you should stick to your knitting

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

James Baud posted:

While we're throwing around words we only know the existence of due to US politics, was the final verdict that it's okay to use niggardly or is it effectively off limits until the end of time?

God you're such an insufferable sack of assholes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

PT6A posted:

On the other hand he could maybe pretend he has some sort of principles or something. Or whatever, prolly not a big deal that he's acquiescing to the orange dotard's deranged racism, right?

Libs don't just lib domestically.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 26, 2018

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

James Baud posted:

Sigh

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

CanPol Megathread: God you're such an insufferable sack of assholes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

CanPol Megathread: God you're such an insufferable sack of assholes

Mods, please

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

can we have another election soon? I having withdrawals. I need conservative tears

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Are you really ready to face Prime Minister Scheer?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

Are you really ready to face Prime Minister Scheer?

even the most cynical of you total morons cannot possibly think he has a chance in hell of winning

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

CLAM DOWN posted:

even the most cynical of you total morons cannot possibly think he has a chance in hell of winning

Maybe if Trudeau scores an own goal shortly before the election

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
lol if you think the worst possible outcome is impossible

lol to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

It could happen but it would require the perfect shitstorm of the Liberals deciding they want to publicly be BFFs with Trump then caving in on NAFTA just as the housing bubble bursts.