Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, i dont understand a scenario where people own multiple consoles and only one tv to watch stuff on or play games that is only available for multiple people that all want to use it at the same time. thats correct.

Maybe they have just the one living room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats true. thats probably the overwhelming situation, it doesnt feel curated for the point of an argument.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

thats true. thats probably the overwhelming situation, it doesnt feel curated for the point of an argument.

what does this even mean

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid please post the floorplan for your sprawling manse

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh, i have a computer with a monitor i can plug things in to, and a tv in a different room. it was an easy choice to use my massive wealth on.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8KR-n2fBQ

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

oh, i have a computer with a monitor i can plug things in to, and a tv in a different room. it was an easy choice to use my massive wealth on.

Is it that hard to imagine a family with one TV and 0 desktop PCs?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I live in a giant mansion with ten TVs and fifteen PS4 consoles alone.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wandle Cax posted:

Lol, when BeanpolePeckerwood wants to play a game, too bad for anyone else in the room using the TV

Yes?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it does seem weird to me to have the budget for two consoles and one screen anywhere in the house sure but i guess im craaaazy so fine!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't even have a tv, I play MGS:V purely through the speaker output of the DS4

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Between the 22 year old tech blindness and this.

Real question. Are you on the spectrum?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

holy gently caress do we really have to do this

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

holy gently caress do we really have to do this

Nobodies talkin to you 2Screens.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have a small TV that I can set up when I want to use my PS4 but other people want the TV. It was like 90 bucks. That’s my solution right there. It’s not quite play anywhere like the Switch is but it’s served me well for not being “that dick hogging the TV”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't even have a tv, I play MGS:V purely through the speaker output of the DS4

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Between the 22 year old tech blindness and this.

Real question. Are you on the spectrum?

It was a joke. The fact that the Switch looks better than a PSX now doesn't nullify the fact that the PSX looked awesome to me 22 years ago, and I still don't like screens that are 3 inches wide and fit in my palm.

I dunno, do you want me to be? Seems like people are really into collecting diagnoses these days.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

I have a small TV surgically implanted in my tummy so I don't have to share. Also I'm bright red and eat only pudding.

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 13, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It was a joke. The fact that the Switch looks better than a PSX now doesn't nullify the fact that the PSX looked awesome to me 22 years ago, and I still don't like screens that are 3 inches wide and fit in my palm.

I dunno, do you want me to be?

Just a weird lack of empathy where there's chat about solutions to other people wanting screen time and yours was "gently caress 'em"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

ftfy

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big_boss_double_eyepatch.jpg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Just a weird lack of empathy where there's chat about solutions to other people wanting screen time and yours was "gently caress 'em"

Don't have a dog in this fight. Just shitposting here.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Don't have a diamond dog in this fight. Just shitposting here.

2nd time we agree.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

2nd time we agree.

Punished Peckerwood

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm about to meet Cleopatra and I'm told that she is high scoiety and must accept me and I should show deference so obviously I switched my outfit to Bath Towel. Now I'm standing around their war table with a towel on my head like a ten-year old pretending to be an Assassin.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Lobok posted:

I'm about to meet Cleopatra and I'm told that she is high scoiety and must accept me and I should show deference so obviously I switched my outfit to Bath Towel. Now I'm standing around their war table with a towel on my head like a ten-year old pretending to be an Assassin.

That is exactly what I did, it's the best costume.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I have died a ton in the first area of BloodBorne but it is cool so far.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
I watched a ton of videos about Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The game looks like absolute garbage and a Skyrim knock off or something, why am I going to buy it? I make bad choices.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Morby posted:

Is it your first soulsborne? You spend a lot of time in the first area of all the games your first time learning the game. This includes dying a bunch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Switch’s screen is 6.2 inches. Topic Locked.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Morby posted:

First area is the hardest, by far, for a first timer. It's much more confusing and overwhelming than the rest of the game.

So, if you're still having a good time, it's only going to get better!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

First area is the hardest, by far, for a first timer. It's much more confusing and overwhelming than the rest of the game.

So, if you're still having a good time, it's only going to get better!

It's a great design. And some of the best ds1 level design in the game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Morby posted:

Unlocking the first shortcut of Bloodborne is the first "boss" of the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Morby posted:

i was getting dogpiled when i first started so i just started working on running past everything as a strategy until i go to the lamp checkpoint and could do some xp building from there as a base

it works great. took 2-3 lives max to get the route

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Besides the joke replies, why do so many people think this looks terrible?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Feel like I'm gonna be paralyzed by indecision over whether to get the remaster for PS4 or hold off to bolster the library of the Switch I hypothetically intend to get in like a year or two.

Oh yeah Switch will eventually charge for online right? I'm never gonna pay for that so OK, decision made easier.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rinkles posted:

Anything that's closer to an xbox controller is an improvement, but I've never seen a third party controller that wasn't garbage quality.

Apparently those wired ones that only came out in the UK were nice though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Anything that's closer to an xbox controller is an improvement, but I've never seen a third party controller that wasn't garbage quality.

Apparently those wired ones that only came out in the UK were nice though.

Whatever the actual quality (and from experience Hori's okay on that front; though I've never used a controller from them), it doesn't look bad.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

Rinkles posted:

A lot of people like the two thumbsticks to be on the same level, like on the Playstation controllers. Others like the asymmetrical thumbsticks, like on the Xbox. It's a preference people like to act offended over the opposite opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Anything that's closer to an xbox controller is an improvement

Subjective