Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Verbose posted:

Wow these limit break quests are awful, at least with trusts. Guess I'm buying a lot of prism powder

You won't regret putting 25 levels into DNC. It comes up more often than you might think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Doing missions as BRD/DNC with Spectral Jig and Chocobo Mazurka was the best.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Cuchulain posted:

What a coincidence, I just helped Tsuru do that one and I think it might have been the single worst thing in the game. gently caress Davoi.

No, now the worst thing in the game is trying to find a god damned treasure coffer in god damned Eldieme Necropolis

EDIT: I logged in quick before work and it was in the first room I checked womp womp

Verbose fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 8, 2018

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
And you were doing so well posting about the exact poo poo that was giving me fits until you got that coffer. :negative:

I resubbed to this game and created a new character on Asura to finally experience the story and because FFXIV felt a little lacking in reasons I can't precisely describe. Might look for a pearl this weekend, as Zwingley.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 9, 2018

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
Speaking of poo poo that gives you fits, can anyone link a good crafting guide?

I'm gonna do it, go full grognard

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Verbose posted:

Speaking of poo poo that gives you fits, can anyone link a good crafting guide?

I'm gonna do it, go full grognard
Unless you like being poor and love flagrant self abuse crafting is a shitshow right now because of the shields. The first few stages are fine but the last one is a gigantic shitshow gil and time sink. Since other people had a headstart and bots, people have already finished shields and completely ruined the market of high end craftables on asura.
Items that were 200m are now 30. Nqs are dirt and never ever profitable.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

Unless you like being poor and love flagrant self abuse crafting is a shitshow right now because of the shields. The first few stages are fine but the last one is a gigantic shitshow gil and time sink. Since other people had a headstart and bots, people have already finished shields and completely ruined the market of high end craftables on asura.
Items that were 200m are now 30. Nqs are dirt and never ever profitable.

Oh I didn't want to make money, I just like maxing stuff out

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Verbose posted:

Oh I didn't want to make money, I just like maxing stuff out

Afterglow an ochain and/or dadaubla.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The final form crafting shield is so bad that I can't even bring myself to do it and I have spent months doing nothing but craft before.

It takes the ultimate sacrifice of no life and willingness to either bang mountain dew straight in the ol' veins or start smoking crystal meth to have the energy for such a lovely task.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

frodnonnag posted:

Afterglow an ochain and/or dadaubla.

I do not know what this means

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Verbose posted:

I do not know what this means

Afterglow is an an effect that a rema gets that affects the weaponskill. With ochain and daru, the afterglow does nothing.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

TheBoat posted:

Afterglow is an an effect that a rema gets that affects the weaponskill. With ochain and daru, the afterglow does nothing.

Hey, it's does something!

... that something is just entirely useless and not tied to a weapon skill is all.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

TheBoat posted:

The afterglow on ochain gives the party 30 seconds of PDT -7% after a bash, I think

Afterglow on D harp does literally nothing

Either way, both cost roughly 2.1 billion gil

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

The afterglow on ochain gives the party 30 seconds of PDT -7% after a bash, I think

Afterglow on D harp does literally nothing

Either way, both cost roughly 2.1 billion gil

Afterglow is a glow effect on your character for maxing out the relic/mythic/aeonic weapons.

Before 119 it used to be rare because afterglow cost billions of gil and involved thousands of hard to get expensive items from their related quest/event. Afterglow was deemed too terrible for even the ffxi community to do, so maybe 5 existed before ilevel came around.

Then ilevel hit and came with it a way to push rem weapons to 119. This shortcut the cost of jumping from 99 to 119 and 119 to afterglow 119 to about 40-50 mil. On all rem except ochain, dardaubla and aegis. Ochain and dardaubla cost billions still, and aegis costs several hundred million to do. All pretty much exclusively for a useless aesthetic glow effect that gets overwritten by any afterglow weapon on mainhand.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 12, 2018

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
I'm thinking about resubbing for a while and trying to gear my cat to be a Paladin. I've already got THF99 and merited, but I haven't done any real CP grinding or anything. What am I actually realistically looking at needing to do?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Fridurmus posted:

I'm thinking about resubbing for a while and trying to gear my cat to be a Paladin. I've already got THF99 and merited, but I haven't done any real CP grinding or anything. What am I actually realistically looking at needing to do?

Have fun?

Unless you want to whitebox and turbosperg up pld (an expensive and self flagellating experience) just hop on, pick some basic goals and get 'em done.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

frodnonnag posted:

Have fun?

Unless you want to whitebox and turbosperg up pld (an expensive and self flagellating experience) just hop on, pick some basic goals and get 'em done.

Nah, I mean more, what are some basic goals to shoot for? Aegis and Ochain are expensive enough that it feels like they're fairly long-term goals.

Also, what the gently caress do you even do to make money now?

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Fridurmus posted:

Nah, I mean more, what are some basic goals to shoot for? Aegis and Ochain are expensive enough that it feels like they're fairly long-term goals.

ERPing.

Or ambuscade and salvage.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Fridurmus posted:

Ambuscade, Salvage, Gain XP sparks cleaving, grinding Unity NMs, HT-VD Avatars...

Pretty much anything is a decent avenue for making cash provided you're killing things fast enough.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Kieyen posted:

ERPing.

Or ambuscade and salvage.

ERPing eh

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

With PLD, you can spend forever collecting just useful gear to feel the need to waste gil on useless AG.

Idle, HP, FastCast, FastCast/HP, PDT, MDT, HP up/down, bdt set, turtle set, Spell Interruption Rate down set, Phalanx set, enmity, Chivalry/Sentinel/Rampart, TP/WS, Hybrid Omen setup thing

Than you've got Aegis, Ochain and Burtgang (make this to be useful) also to do.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Verbose posted:

ERPing eh

It's how Frod paid for his Nirvana. That and turning tricks to galkas for alexandrite.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Kieyen posted:

It's how Frod paid for his Nirvana. That and turning tricks to galkas for alexandrite.

Wait.... that wasn't a joke?

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

LiquidFriend posted:

The final form crafting shield is so bad that I can't even bring myself to do it and I have spent months doing nothing but craft before.

It takes the ultimate sacrifice of no life and willingness to either bang mountain dew straight in the ol' veins or start smoking crystal meth to have the energy for such a lovely task.

Aww, is this finally the end of Reclum's Wild Crafting Ride?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Male of the Century posted:

Aww, is this finally the end of Reclum's Wild Crafting Ride?
Maybe if it were a tandem effort, we could finish his shield. Completely solo? Oh god no.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Maybe if it were a tandem effort, we could finish his shield. Completely solo? Oh god no.

Why not botfarm the gently caress out of it?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

Why not botfarm the gently caress out of it?
Not sure how to go about that exactly, with the ingredients all r/e.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Not sure how to go about that exactly, with the ingredients all r/e.

There are bots out there to do it, i could ask verb. Most likely an on event setup to craft.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

There are bots out there to do it, i could ask verb. Most likely an on event setup to craft.
Yes send me the info because gently caress doing it like a pleb.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Ah, so this explains why every time I log in over the last month or so I've been in Cirdas in a seemingly completely automated CP party.

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

What shield are you all talking about

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

frodnonnag posted:

Yo what bots are good for things hook it up frod

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Male of the Century posted:

Ah, so this explains why every time I log in over the last month or so I've been in Cirdas in a seemingly completely automated CP party.

Yeah, Jamie is not so secretly a RMT. Your partners out there in cirdas are "Mikepence" and "Donaldjtrump" by the way.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Yeah I did notice that almost immediately and also it's a special linkshell reserved for the bad boys.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Zaekkor posted:

Yo what bots are good for things hook it up frod

That's the real question

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017

Verbose posted:

What shield are you all talking about

I think they mean the crafting shield that gives plus 2 to a specific craft and a bunch buffs to not failing or losing materials. Eschuteon I think but my spelling is god awful

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

TheBoat posted:

I think they mean the crafting shield that gives plus 2 to a specific craft and a bunch buffs to not failing or losing materials. Eschuteon I think but my spelling is god awful

It also gives hq rate.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

What the gently caress is erp

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
erotic role playing grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kieyen