Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Putting ice makes bad whisky taste better but good whisky taste worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

im drinking vodka and orange red bull right now AMA

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
had some earl grey with a splash of courvoisier vsop this morning :discourse:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

power botton posted:

im drinking vodka and orange red bull right now AMA

how is it

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Kuvo posted:

had some earl grey with a splash of courvoisier vsop this morning :discourse:

Surely the VS is enough when mixing?

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
if your whiskey doesn't taste good at room temperature, buy better whiskey :colbert:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
water down everything is as bad a "rule" as never water down anything. try things neat in case you're inadvertently ruining them is all I'm saying. try with water/ice before you write off something you don't think you like. rule zero is it's your whiskey drink it how you like it but try to go on a case-by-case basis

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
that said the acquired taste of drinking most whiskies neat at room temperature is a valuable asset, particularly if you travel, especially for business

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Glans Dillzig posted:

if your whiskey doesn't taste good at room temperature, buy better whiskey :colbert:

if it tastes good neat and at room temperature, it tastes better with some ice in it

you don't want to get it too cold, though. low temperatures will numb your tongue just as badly as high alcohol concentrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if it tastes good neat and at room temperature, it tastes better with some ice in it

:wrong:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kenny Logins posted:

that said the acquired taste of drinking most whiskies neat at room temperature is a valuable asset, particularly if you travel, especially for business

amtrak provides free ice in the cafe car
every business hotel provides free ice as well

a half pint of whiskey does make business travel fly the gently caress by at a low cost but you're not obligated to take swigs out of it like a hobo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

nice baby palate

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

amtrak provides free ice in the cafe car
every business hotel provides free ice as well

a half pint of whiskey does make business travel fly the gently caress by at a low cost but you're not obligated to take swigs out of it like a hobo
depends on the ice machine, some types (and local water supplies) are better than others

just because there's no ice to slow you down doesn't obligate you to swig either. sipping neat works. a good rule of thumb for it is to keep a glass of water nearby for when you're actually thirsty

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

not obligated to take swigs out of it like a hobo

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
drink your whisk(e)y how you like but be aware that neat, with water, or with ice are all going to be different tastes. you can try all three to see what you prefer and there isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule for all situations except the rule of don't put ice in whisky

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 9, 2018

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

btw shout out to any fellow yosposters also doing a dry run of January. first week is always the toughest. I haven't decide how far I want to take this, yet

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Kenny Logins posted:

btw shout out to any fellow yosposters also doing a dry run of January. first week is always the toughest. I haven't decide how far I want to take this, yet

i was gonna do this but my wife got me two of my favorite beers for christmas so ive been slowly grazing on those

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kenny Logins posted:

have the courage and belief in yourself to take it all the way

you deserve to live a healthy and fulfilled life and you can do it :)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
drink more

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bottle of vodka and three onions to snack on

txt me :wink:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

it was pretty good.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don’t do drugs

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 12, 2018

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what beer did you drink tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
montheiths american pale ale

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my temporary neighbors came over with a jug of random vegetables pickled in some obviously homemade strong booze

im feeling cozy cool and my breath smells like garlic and okra and tomatoes and beets that sat in some strong homemade distillery

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Bulgakov posted:

my temporary neighbors came over with a jug of random vegetables pickled in some obviously homemade strong booze

im feeling cozy cool and my breath smells like garlic and okra and tomatoes and beets that sat in some strong homemade distillery

prison toilet to table is the new hot food trend.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

cheap lager at the esports pub watching agdq, all the sins~

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Bulgakov posted:

sorry if this is a dumb question but did you eat the veg or was this an 'infused vodka' kind of a deal?

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i am in new orleans rn and all i’m doing is drinking and eating this is great

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
conway's irish ale tonight

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

minivanmegafun posted:

i am in new orleans rn and all i’m doing is drinking and eating this is great

NO is a loving incredible city i can't wait to go back

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
jim beam vanilla has appeared about 25 years after my childhood conundrum of why vanilla extract did not taste as good as it smells.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tanith posted:

jim beam vanilla has appeared about 25 years after my childhood conundrum of why vanilla extract did not taste as good as it smells.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i cant stand whiskey ever since i drank far too much johnny walker and barfed off my mate's deck

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
tonight, on dating with stymie:

https://twitter.com/JucheMane/status/952216367557677056

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hahaha it's funny because alcohol is destroying the lives of people who post on this forum

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Stymie posted:

hahaha it's funny because alcohol is destroying the lives of people who post on this forum

only thing destroying my life is

your posts

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol stymie here’s a cool thing : i sometimes feel depressed as gently caress and suicidal but lol when i drink i feel better and not like i wish i was dead

checkmate atheists :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm not a therapist but i hope you are able to get help for your chemical dependency

everyone deserves to live a healthy life free of addiction :)