Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao if you can’t go work from a coffee shop that is much more artisanal and curated than a freaking Starbucks

The coffee shop outside of Bungie is actually really good and they have some delicious sandwiches too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

haveblue posted:

Get in a wework, then you have office and coffee and socializing and entertainment and friends all in the same building like a weird post-capitalist commune

Then try finding a meeting room and discovering that they're impossible to get due to the volume of uncoordinated different companies crammed into one building.

Wework is impractical as gently caress.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
what the hell is wework

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

what the hell is wework

It's a ~new office paradigm~ founded by a former kibbutz member whose stated goal is to erase the idea of work-life balance.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

what the hell is wework

Something Bone Krew can never fully say

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

what the hell is wework

what bungie didn't do during CoO development

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

haveblue posted:

It's a ~new office paradigm~ founded by a former kibbutz member whose stated goal is to erase the idea of work-life balance.

I feel like this is the IPO/startup version of that 2016 Oakland warehouse fire where the artist commune got burnt to a crisp.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:drat:; when you turn on something, you really turn.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Coldforge posted:

He's not in the slack but he still plays with the boys.

The kids are calling him "New Schmeo"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Cuz he got bit by a Big Dog

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Coldforge posted:

Uh this joke was 69% at my own expense

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He's not in the slack but he still plays with the boys.

The kids are calling him "New Schmeo"

Weird. That’s another guy who for all his faults Wrecks was an unnecessarily a bitch to.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's weird, somehow me, the "mentally ill" troll, managed to have my finger on all the admin buttons for years but instead of using them I just let things develop organically.

Yet the "Big Dog" can't go more than a month or two without having to press it to call attention to himself, especially when someone takes the piss out of him for this tendency.

You're weak. After all your bitchmade shade and failure to just talk face to face (or e-face to e-face), I enjoyed you begging me to come back and telling you thanks but no thanks, because I figured out who you are.

I'm sure I'll see you around here when you drop in to make a post in my voice/style but other than that, adios amigo.

wow there really is a dril tweet for everything

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Weird. That’s another guy who for all his faults Wrecks was an unnecessarily a bitch to.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
I'm glad that both the PS4 and Xbox groups have their own collective mental illnesses.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Them: Luxor is NOT liquid Playboy

Me, an intellectual: "With Las Vegas rapidly becoming a hub for eSports, Esports Arena Las Vegas at Luxor will be the city's home for competitive gaming and interactive entertainment,"

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/12/las-vegas-strip-esports-arena-opens-march/

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I don't see a lot of people complain about it, but they really need to switch some of the weapon categories around to something like D1's. There is zero reason to use a grenade launcher when the same slot can hold a rocket launcher. Or a fusion rifle when that slot could hold a sword. It also makes the kinetic/energy divide nonsensical because since those weapons were all primaries they filled very similar niches, so you don't have to worry about making one cover different situations than the other. Then the fact that shields don't take more damage from their element (and that explosion really isn't useful enough by to make up for it), combined with the fact that any gun can be made any element on the fly means less guns find use or feel unique. In D1 I knew if there were going to be wizards I need some long range solar damage and would have to find guns that offered that. Now I just make whatever the best long range gun is solar. It also means I have no reason to use Sunlock because a better subclass will do just as much damage to shields.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

galagazombie posted:

I don't see a lot of people complain about it

you don't browse reddit much

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Null Calamity 9 (auto rifle) is absolutely worth the Forge grind. I'll still use my MW Galliard-42 for PVE (because of Rampage) but Null is definitely going to be in slot for PVP

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I use Forge Weapons and only Forge Weapons. I'm working on MW'ing them all.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:discourse:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Luxor is a grimy shithole.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015

Roman posted:

Null Calamity 9 (auto rifle) is absolutely worth the Forge grind. I'll still use my MW Galliard-42 for PVE (because of Rampage) but Null is definitely going to be in slot for PVP

Agreed. Ran a few crucible last night with it and it is very nice

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Are you supposed to be able to buy Curse of Osiris weapons from Xur if you don't own it? When CoO first came out and the Prometheus lens was being sold I got that and some of the armour I think, then this week I could buy the Stand Aside titan legs (though I may have bought them when they were sold before and forgot, so it's just letting me rebuy them and waste my legendary tokens) but I can't buy Colony or the other armour, just brings up the "buy the dlc" page.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If colony is DLC gated, prepare for that to be the next big shoutfest.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Eh, to be honest I was very surprised I could buy Prometheus Lens, somebody in the thread said you could and I assumed that was bullshit until I went and actually did it. It makes sense to me that Curse of Osiris weapons would only be obtainable if you own the dlc since it's one of the main reasons you'd buy an expansion in a loot driven game. Just weird if it's like, some weapons are obtainable and some aren't.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If colony is DLC gated, prepare for that to be the next big shoutfest.

No, the new exotic weapons and armor are literally one of the things you are receiving for your $20 when you buy the expansion. I am very surprised to hear that people were able to buy the Prometheus lens without it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No, the new exotic weapons and armor are literally one of the things you are receiving for your $20 when you buy the expansion. I am very surprised to hear that people were able to buy the Prometheus lens without it.

I think everyone was able to get Prometheus because of that bug in PvP and they just wanted to make it fair for everyone

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
My gut tells me the lens will never be fixed and it will remain a relic until D3

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Only 77k players in trials this week. 7k on PC.

Even PvE less thank 900k.

I think 4v4 for trials was a huge misstep. Its pretty hard getting a 4 man team together. Harder than 3.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I can’t even get 2 people together for trials!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just ran in a 4 stack for a couple hours and actually managed to have some fun. 6v6 will be a colossal improvement but I forgot how serviceable the experience is with a full squad.

Halo Warzone is the new hotness tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

Only 77k players in trials this week. 7k on PC.

Even PvE less thank 900k.

I think 4v4 for trials was a huge misstep. Its pretty hard getting a 4 man team together. Harder than 3.

lemme dig up one of my 69 billion old posts at the time of the announcement and beta nah ill just reiterate

4v4 is like the perfectly wrong size in between being able to assemble a full stack and NEEDING to assemble a full stack. The team size is small enough that it's a massive disadvantage to not have even a single player on coms and coordinating, but large enough where you can't easily gather everyone. Destiny being 4v4 only is maybe the single dumbest decision I have ever seen made in a game, at least one that already had a bunch of set assumptions from having a predecessor. It's basically everything you didn't like about 3s and everything you didn't like about 6s rolled into one boring mess

let's not even get into the facts that the other modes are 3 and 6 man teams so it's even more of a pain in the rear end or the sandbox changes made as a result

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, I remember someone in this thread saying how a raid group wouldn't want to pvp after a raid so 4v4 wasn't really a problem.

How fuckin wrong they were

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
i limit my playing with bone krew so i can continue imagining them as these guys while this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE song plays and i tear up real hard

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

fbsw posted:

i limit my playing with bone krew so i can continue imagining them as these guys while this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE song plays and i tear up real hard

That poo poo made me real emo the end of my all-trophy run.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Thank you all for providing never ending entertainment more fun than this NFL shitshow

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

Lol, I remember someone in this thread saying how a raid group wouldn't want to pvp after a raid so 4v4 wasn't really a problem.

How fuckin wrong they were

We did that all the time on 360, gently caress the 4 player limit

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lemme dig up one of my 69 billion old posts at the time of the announcement and beta nah ill just reiterate

4v4 is like the perfectly wrong size in between being able to assemble a full stack and NEEDING to assemble a full stack. The team size is small enough that it's a massive disadvantage to not have even a single player on coms and coordinating, but large enough where you can't easily gather everyone. Destiny being 4v4 only is maybe the single dumbest decision I have ever seen made in a game, at least one that already had a bunch of set assumptions from having a predecessor. It's basically everything you didn't like about 3s and everything you didn't like about 6s rolled into one boring mess

let's not even get into the facts that the other modes are 3 and 6 man teams so it's even more of a pain in the rear end or the sandbox changes made as a result

this is the correct and good take abgd IS BACK baby

What's interesting to me is that so many of the D2 changes seem to be a superficial understanding of fan feedback (better story, more "lore", cohesive flow from story, events, adventures, etc) and internal goals (simplify to grow user base)

But literally what was the goal for 4v4? if the goal was (presumably) getting the pro crowd,

1. why do they assume pros would rather 4v4 vs 6v6, given there are professional play in the 6v6 universe today?
2. how could they prioritize 4v4 over private matches / ranked play?

it just doesn't make sense fam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Like the funniest poo poo I’ve seen in either Destiny thread, full on Spit Take over here