Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ravus posted:

Since you guys are so super invested in this apparently I'm just going to drop the subject. I don't agree. I don't think they are good charity. I'm entitled to my opinion, you are to yours, I fully respect that.

I won't be commenting on this subject again.

Super invested into deceased loved ones ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Is Nihius a bad guy? Because his name sounds like a bad guy.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

I remember when I liked mass effect

real talk: Mass Effect 2 is still one of the best games I've played on PC

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:rip: jenkins

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Hey real quick, please nobody spoil ME3 for me, I'm about halfway through it and I've managed to stay unspoiled thus far

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
aliens are like dogs i agree with ashely. plaus she became my sapce wife during my non lady shepard runs. kaidan is just lo fat mayo.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Regy Rusty posted:

I remember when I liked mass effect

I never played it when it was modern and now it just looks so silly I can't get into it :(. Speedruns are awesome because I get to see the game without having to sink days into it!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
maleshep is boring milquetoast, femshep has a lot of character in the voice acting

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i'd love to see a speedrun of the whole trilogy.

i'm a weirdo who thought me3 was good

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Kaidan is my neice's name tho she spells it slightly differently

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

timp posted:

Hey real quick, please nobody spoil ME3 for me, I'm about halfway through it and I've managed to stay unspoiled thus far

Luke is Femshep's father

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
drat, I looked away for one second and Jenkins dies. Maybe Ashley will do the same.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
of course you go vanguard for a speedrun. poo poo was so OP in ME1

and actually the entire series

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I absolutely hated ME 1's character customization which is the only reason I went with default male Shepard because there was no other face I could stand looking at for 40 hours.

They hosed up not making default femshep till 3

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Your Computer posted:

maleshep is boring milquetoast, femshep has a lot of character in the voice acting

femshep with blonde hair and orange armor and named "samus aran" is the canonically correct choice.

timp posted:

it's good assuming you have the ending dlc, don't listen to the haters.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

more hot takes:

Mass Effect 1 has the weakest gameplay, best overall main story and a really hype ending. I'm selling it kinda short here but ME1 is great.

Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series, has SIGNIFICANTLY better gameplay than 1, has much mUCH MUCH better writing with its characters and the main overall story kinda sucks but it doesn't matter cause the whole game is about the characters and their individual stories and relationship with shepard which is all a 11/10 and the final mission is an epic 10/10 finale that leaves you walking away thinking "what an ending. what a game"

Mass Effect 3 the gameplay is the best in the franchise, the tuchaunka mission is the high point of the game (and even tho I'd never do it, the renegade option of betraying mordin and killing him is THE MOST COMPELLING THING IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE AND IT IS SO WELL EXECUTED even though you are a monster if you do this on purpose lol). let's not talk about the ending.

I think I probably had like 5000 posts in the ME2 thread back in 2010 but I had to bail cause it got kinda creepy with tali and liara shippers. that's my story.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Jennifer Hale for more asskicker roles

and WOW I haven't seen Mass Effect 1 in forever. It looks so plain!

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Your Computer posted:

MShep for the Dudley Do-Right RP, FemShep for the MURDERING.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

axeil posted:

femshep with blonde hair and blue armor and named "samus aran" is the canonically correct choice.

it's good assuming you have the ending dlc, don't listen to the haters.

lmao @ "ending that doesn't suck" being DLC

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Rampant Dwickery posted:

yup

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

Rampant Dwickery posted:

you're not wrong

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SeXReX posted:

lmao @ "ending that doesn't suck" being DLC

it was free dlc though but then you have weirdos who refuse to use it and scream THE GAME IS poo poo AND BAD AND AWFUL even though it's perfectly fine. people can't manage expectations about stuff and it makes me sad cuz it leads to poo poo like this

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

she voices sylvari female in GW2 and it's really badass and widely accepted as the best race/gender combo in terms of voice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

more hot takes:

Mass Effect 1 has the weakest gameplay, best overall main story and a really hype ending. I'm selling it kinda short here but ME1 is great.

Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series, has SIGNIFICANTLY better gameplay than 1, has much mUCH MUCH better writing with its characters and the main overall story kinda sucks but it doesn't matter cause the whole game is about the characters and their individual stories and relationship with shepard which is all a 11/10 and the final mission is an epic 10/10 finale that leaves you walking away thinking "what an ending. what a game"

Mass Effect 3 the gameplay is the best in the franchise, the tuchaunka mission is the high point of the game (and even tho I'd never do it, the renegade option of betraying mordin and killing him is THE MOST COMPELLING THING IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE AND IT IS SO WELL EXECUTED even though you are a monster if you do this on purpose lol). let's not talk about the ending.

I think I probably had like 5000 posts in the ME2 thread back in 2010 but I had to bail cause it got kinda creepy with tali and liara shippers. that's my story.

This post is accurate. The only thing I don't like about ME1 is it's inventory system which is so awful I could never bring myself to replay it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

axeil posted:

it was free dlc though

practically a patch at that point

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
im remembering the salarian's meager attempt at making a hype speech during virmire and just shaking my drat head. that dude was a loser

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

"This is better then any game I played on the 2600, especially Dragster"
:lol:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

she voices sylvari female in GW2 and it's really badass and widely accepted as the best race/gender combo in terms of voice

My main is a human female and I've been wanting a race change option for this reason for ages. Human female voice actor is so incredibly bad in comparison

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I got kinda tired of Jennifer Hale. She has the one voice she does really well..but that's it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

tyblazitar posted:

yeah she's also the female Trooper in SWTOR and does well despite some crappy writing

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the biotic shoulder charge into shotgun blast stuff was ME2 right

because that was badass as h*ck, especially as femshep which is canonically badass

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the biggest gently caress you of ME3 was after you beat the game and watch...whatever the gently caress that was you get a splash screen thanking you for playing and to be sure to keep playing and explore more DLC! (NOT EVEN KIDING OR EXAGGERATING)

but luckily when the slightly lss hosed ending dlc was released they removed that message and replaced it with something about thanking you for your support and they worked hard on it and I kinda forgive them for that.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

WREX

SHEPARD

WREX

SHEPARD

I SHOULD GO

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
NO WREX ARE YOU loving making GBS threads ME

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress casey hudson.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

beep by grandpa posted:

Now, now, Mac Walters was just as responsible.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

TeaJay posted:

My main is a human female and I've been wanting a race change option for this reason for ages. Human female voice actor is so incredibly bad in comparison

serves you right for being the kind of person to choose human female in an mmo :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

lol people got mad at this character benezia for showing a lil cleavage but she's a matriarch. my girl's proud of her sexy rear end curves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tyblazitar posted:

serves you right for being the kind of person to choose human female in an mmo :)

harsh but fair

• Locked thread