Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
SNARL AT MY BOOBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Dialog skip bound to scroll wheel strats :ok_hand:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

the biggest gently caress you of ME3 was after you beat the game and watch...whatever the gently caress that was you get a splash screen thanking you for playing and to be sure to keep playing and explore more DLC! (NOT EVEN KIDING OR EXAGGERATING)

but luckily when the slightly lss hosed ending dlc was released they removed that message and replaced it with something about thanking you for your support and they worked hard on it and I kinda forgive them for that.

also the citadel dlc is spectacular and is a great sendoff for everything.

leviathan and from ashes were good dlc too.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
unpopular opinion:
it's hard to replay mass effect 1 because it's a very ugly game, it has not aged well

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

tyblazitar posted:

serves you right for being the kind of person to choose human female in an mmo :)

Something something looking at asses while playing MMO's for hours

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
everyone who is your favorite mass effect character and why is it not garrus?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

beep by grandpa posted:

lol people got mad at this character benezia for showing a lil cleavage but she's a matriarch. my girl's proud of her sexy rear end curves.

People getting mad because a female character is showing skin? Color me surprised.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Since we're talking about voice actors, I found it interesting that Matriarch Benezia is played by Marina Sirtis.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

axeil posted:

Tali because I know the chemical composition of her sweat, and that's what's important.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Twitch chat: I PAID FOR NO COMMERCIALS AND NOW I'M GETTING A LOGITECH COMMERCIAL, THIS ISN'T FAIR

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Roflan posted:

Since we're talking about voice actors, I found it interesting that Matriarch Benezia is played by Marina Sirtis.

the ME series had a number of fairly famous people do voice acting.

Marina Sirtis
Martin Sheen
Seth Green
Yvonne Strahovski

Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man was perfect

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

axeil posted:

Because Garrus is clearly the wrong choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umN7YOsmGl4

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Wait.

is Mass Effect the speedrun where at the end they stack a lot of speed ups on the main character and they just loving FLY for the latter half of the run or is it 2?

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

TeaJay posted:

Something something looking at asses while playing MMO's for hours

axeil posted:

WREX.

SHEPARD.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

axeil posted:

Garrus always stood out, not having played the games in several years he's the only one I really remember that well. Him and the frog alien whose name I can't remember.

edit:

Him ^

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

PureRok posted:

Tali because I know the chemical composition of her sweat, and that's what's important.

The scene where Tali gets drunk is adorable

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PureRok posted:

Mine was unironically Tali back before I knew anything about the fan feelings about her... they ruined everything

So now it's Mordin.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rampant Dwickery posted:

WREX.

SHEPARD.

We'll bang, okay?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
it me
the person who hasnt played any Mass effect game

or asscreed
or bioshock
or soulsborne

I look down upon your AAA shitfest from my throne built from 10,000 free indie games and laugh.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Because Garrus is clearly the wrong choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umN7YOsmGl4

Mordin is also acceptable...

:cry:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I've had a mouse with one of those flywheel scroll wheels for a year now and I don't know how I'll go back to a normal one ever again. They allow me to scroll past pages of poo poo posting in a second.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

We'll bang, okay?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

SeXReX posted:

it me

or asscreed
or bioshock
or soulsborne
oh nice i'm not the only one

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

axeil posted:

Mine is Mordin, I love salarians for some reason. Garrus is my second favourite though!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also, posted it earlier, but it's now finaly related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddqHDVTzmxo

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I forgot how much like kotor the first part of mass effect feels. u fight man in cantina.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I liked Mordin personally, but all the characters are good in their own ways. Only one I haven't really liked was Thrall in ME2 and maybe that asari party member you get in ME2

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SeXReX posted:

it me

or asscreed
or bioshock
or soulsborne

I look down upon your AAA shitfest from my throne built from 10,000 free indie games and laugh.

Otherwise is all good and I subscribe your newsletter about indie games, but I hope you played Witcher 3

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

axeil posted:

Mordin is also acceptable...

:cry:

I know.

:sympathy:

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

SeXReX posted:

it me

or asscreed
or bioshock
or soulsborne

Out of that whole list the only one I have played is ME, but it was a very enjoyable series.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Mordin was the only party member I couldn't save at the end of the first game :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

axeil posted:

also the citadel dlc is spectacular and is a great sendoff for everything.

leviathan and from ashes were good dlc too.

yeah I heard citadel is incredible but I never played it

Soooooooooooooo more beep lore. my mom died, from cancer, literally 2 days before Mass Effect 3 came out. I was REALLY REALLY looking forward to it and maybe some of y'all will think this is lame or sad (it was a sad week suck my dick) I spent the entire week off from work going between help planning her funeral/repass plans, helping my 14 y/o little brother get clothes for it and write thank you notes and I spent all of my free time playing mass effect 3 and it was a really great way to get my mind off of things. I have great memories chatting with my little brother while runing around the normandy and us sharing one of the many many (fruit) edible arrangements we got that week. Then that ending hit me and I was so confused and annoyed and I tried to start a second game immediately as femshep and didn't even make it off of Mars cause I was so annoyed (ME3's intro earth mission also sucks).

I do think that I might be ready now to explore the entire series again now that the hurt from ME3's vanilla ending has probably healed. and I'll be able to check out those sick DLCs too..

So yeah I got capital F Feelings tied up with Mass Effect and it really helped me not lose my mind after my mom died. Good stuff, good deal, good games.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not sure if the red-shirted guy on the couch is Caveman or a less snarkier doppelgänger of his

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Mine was unironically Tali back before I knew anything about the fan feelings about her... they ruined everything

So now it's Mordin.

No.

Don't tell me the fans ruined Tali. I won't hear it.

Garrus
Mordin
Tali
Wrex
Legion
Jack
Liara/Thane/Samara/all the other characters I care about

Ashley/Kaidan

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

TeaJay posted:

Otherwise is all good and I subscribe your newsletter about indie games, but I hope you played Witcher 3

nope

also no bethesda games

literally not a single one

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oil! posted:

Mordin was the only party member I couldn't save at the end of the first game :(

I don't think anyone saved mordin in the first game

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite run on the Citadel twitch stream.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axeil posted:

No.

Don't tell me the fans ruined Tali.

They did get really weird and gross about her.

But I'm mostly kidding about ruined. She's still a great character and one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

SeXReX posted:

nope

also no bethesda games

literally not a single one

sorry this was a flat out lie