Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I usually order my king cakes from the place in Baton Rouge that I used to work at, but do any of you Louisiana folks have a preferred place that ships nationwide?

https://shop.rouses.com/s-8-king-cakes.aspx

all other answer are incorrect

not sure if they go nationwide but i know they go pretty far

e: they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I usually order my king cakes from the place in Baton Rouge that I used to work at, but do any of you Louisiana folks have a preferred place that ships nationwide?

My wife loves the ones from Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge, but I'm sure the guys from New Orleans would have other suggestions.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

empty whippet box posted:

https://shop.rouses.com/s-8-king-cakes.aspx

all other answer are incorrect

not sure if they go nationwide but i know they go pretty far

e: they do

My last job before moving to Portland was actually working in IT for a grocery coop whose largest member was Rouses. But somehow I don’t think I’ve ever had one of their king cakes. I’ll give it a shot. Probably gonna order a few this year from different places.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

My wife loves the ones from Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge, but I'm sure the guys from New Orleans would have better suggestions.

That is actually the place that I used to work at where I normally get them from. The owners are douchebags but the king cakes are pretty good. They tend to overfill a little on the fruit for my taste though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I recently had one from Rouse's and it was a bit dry, but that might've also been because it was made in Gulf Shores? :shrug:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

My wife loves the ones from Ambrosia Bakery in Baton Rouge, but I'm sure the guys from New Orleans would have other suggestions.

for reference, I was born and raised in new orleans and am therefore a King Cake Authority. I am also fat, and some of that is thanks to king cake

Silly Burrito posted:

I recently had one from Rouse's and it was a bit dry, but that might've also been because it was made in Gulf Shores? :shrug:

get a filled king cake and you will never have this problem.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

My 8 year old just told his friend "they won't lose...they're the Falcons!".

I dont know how to break it to him...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

for reference, I was born and raised in new orleans and am therefore a King Cake Authority. I am also fat, and some of that is thanks to king cake

get a filled king cake and you will never have this problem.

It was, so I don't know why.

Pershing posted:

Show him this. Prepare the boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV5l1G_1hxY

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Pershing posted:

Spoiler alert : He is right!

Oh god Im so nervous :ohdear:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Silly Burrito posted:

It was, so I don't know why.

Show him this. Prepare the boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV5l1G_1hxY

To clarify: I -love- my son.

(I want to believe in this team so bad :pray: )

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Dong Phuong in New Orleans ships nationally and man do they make a great king cake

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pershing posted:

To clarify: I -love- my son.

(I want to believe in this team so bad :pray: )

Sometimes you have to show your kids the harsher side of the world.

One day if you haven't already, you'll have to tell your kids that three things aren't real: Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Falcons' chances of winning a Super Bowl.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Haydel's Bakery is another favorite but idk if they ship.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

kopasetic posted:

Dong Phuong in New Orleans ships nationally and man do they make a great king cake

Not anymore. They just announced no more shipments this year because of demand. My mother in law picked one up for us before visiting this weekend and that poo poo is so good, but there was a two hour wait to get them.

My friend owns Mr. Bubbles on Canal and they sell Dong Phuong cakes and they have to put in their orders days in advance now because demand is so high.

All these people are right. Theirs is the best, and it's a crazy dark horse in a city with like 6 traditional mainstays.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Oh good, the Eagles didn’t bother to show up. Maybe next week the Falcons will actually face a playoff team that gives a poo poo?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The only correct answer is Rouse’s and they ship nationally for a very reasonable price.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sent from my iPad posted:

Oh good, the Eagles didn’t bother to show up. Maybe next week the Falcons will actually face a playoff team that gives a poo poo?

They showed up, they just aren't that good without Wentz.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

oldskool posted:

They showed up, they just aren't that good without Wentz.
If Matt Ryan were interesting enough to have a hobby he’d have enough time to knit a loving scarf in the pocket today.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Sent from my iPad posted:

The only correct answer is Rouse’s and they ship nationally for a very reasonable price.

Are you saying Rouse's is the best king cake?

I just need to know if we're in a fight.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rouse's is a solid king cake especially for the price, but it's pure madness to call it the best.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Rouse's is a solid king cake especially for the price, but it's pure madness to call it the best.

It's the replacement level. If you bring anything worse than a Rouse's cake, you're bad person. It's a very good cake and it's pretty cheap so there's no reason to bring anything cheaper or spend more on worse cakes.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Rouse’s is the best you can get delivered next day outside of Louisiana, IMO.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol gg run defense

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Gonna need the birds to win this because I sure as hell don't want the Saints to have to play in that bullshit next week if they win tomorrow. I think the weather is supposed to get worse.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

sexy tiger boobs posted:

a what? a glazed broom?

Probably a king cake in the shape of a broom.

edit: Btw, if anyone ever throws away a king cake that belongs to me we're fighting.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 13, 2018

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Gonna need the birds to win this because I sure as hell don't want the Saints to have to play in that bullshit next week if they win tomorrow. I think the weather is supposed to get worse.

both teams are birds

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress birds

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Btw, just carrying the news from the NFC West thread in case anyone hates the Seahawks, but they’re expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as OC.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

gently caress birds

i prefer women, op

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

The Eagles do not look good.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

i prefer women, op

im not sure if i want lanta to win cause i'd get to watch the game in the dome or philly cause i think we'd have a decent edge even playing away

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Btw, just carrying the news from the NFC West thread in case anyone hates the Seahawks, but they’re expected to hire Brian Schottenheimer as OC.

this is what happens when you sign literally every living relative of Norv Turner :smugbert:

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
randazzo's ships nationwide btw

https://www.randazzokingcake.com/

so does antoine's

https://www.antoinesfamouscakes.com/store/

Leviathan fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 14, 2018

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody know a good place to sign in with a cable login to watch this game other than nbc's website? their stream goes down every 2 plays and now it looks like it's not coming back. really loving annoyed right now.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Why does weird poo poo always haunt this team going into half. ffs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

Why does weird poo poo always haunt this team going into half. ffs

That catch was pretty awesome though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

this game is about to be over. we gonna lose to a nick foles led team lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good gently caress the falcons

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How are the falcons still not using their running backs?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

offense back to broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

How are the falcons still not using their running backs?

Because they don't have a lead and unlike the Rams, the Eagles are one of the best run defenses in the league.

• Locked thread