Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Real hurthling! posted:

Its official nintendo nomenclature

Well then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Bloop posted:

It's official. Just like amiibo

Why go along with it? No one copies Apple's official style for talking about iPhones

Then again I also really hate when people refer to Pokémon forms as “formes”

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zoran posted:

Why go along with it?

Because I'm not needlessly contrarian?

They announced it, I heard it. It's even literally easier.

Why on earth wouldn't I?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Because it creates ambiguities for no useful purpose other than preserving the purity of Nintendo trademarks?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Putting the s or not doesnt matter at all

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Zoran posted:

Because it creates ambiguities for no useful purpose other than preserving the purity of Nintendo trademarks?

Lmao.

How do you feel when an older person says Pokemons?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Bet y'all miss the frame rate chat riiight about now 💩

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lmao.

You must have misread, I’m the one saying it’s dumb to adhere to the corporate style guide.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zoran posted:

You must have misread, I’m the one saying it’s dumb to adhere to the corporate style guide.

So you say Pokemons?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Lmao.

Jimmy, put your Nintendos down and take out the trash for grammy.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Are any of the recent-ish indie releases really good? I received an eshop gift card, but I’ve got all the big titles and am not sure if I should get something cool now or save it for whatever Nintendo might announce at the next Direct.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cobalt Viper posted:

It's cheaper for them to use a 16GB game card and then just require a huge download than it is for them to print the retail game on 32GB game cards. Honestly it should be illegal.

I thought Nintendo wasn't even supplying devs 32GB cards right now and they're delayed until later this year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Zoran posted:

Are any of the recent-ish indie releases really good? I received an eshop gift card, but I’ve got all the big titles and am not sure if I should get something cool now or save it for whatever Nintendo might announce at the next Direct.

Darkest Dungeon is coming out soon if that's your style . Personally I'm hoping we get a surprise Hollow Knight announcement this month -- seems like just about every other indie title that's been TBA on Switch since forever has recently gotten an official announcement with a release to follow a week later . I have no reason to believe this though, just hoping. Figure it can't be that long since it was originally slated for 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Furi just came out for Switch and is supposed to be really good I think.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

I thought Nintendo wasn't even supplying devs 32GB cards right now and they're delayed until later this year

It was 64GB cards that got delayed. 32GB is available but I think Dragon Quest Heroes is the only game to use those so far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

Furi absolutely owns

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

thexerox123 posted:

So you say Pokemons?

They're "Pokey-mans" and I'll hear no guff on the matter!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Andrigaar posted:

Whenever my friend goes out to play PokeGo I say "get out there and poke all the mons!"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Andrigaar posted:

I say it like this just to make my son irritated.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Doesnt darkest dungeon do gameplay tweak updates constantly? I'm curious how that'll play with nintendo's cert process

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er
It's funny that Switch profile names are also multiplayer usernames, I was playing Splatoon earlier and was in awe that someone got the username "Dad" when I realized that it probably was just somebody's dad.

The way you can easily change your profile name reminds me a lot of the way steam handles it which is pretty cool

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zelda can get really loving tedious sometimes. Sometimes it feels like actual work more than fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Zelda can get really loving tedious sometimes. Sometimes it feels like actual work more than fun.

Yeah its 10/10 goty

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I feel that way sometimes too but I wonder if it's my own completionist gamer brain disease. If I were content completing a reasonable number of shrines and sidequests, getting the Divine Beasts, and killing Ganon then basically none of the issues I have with the game would exist. I do not have that normal brain however and Princess Zelda is gonna be waiting at least another 100 years

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm actually getting to that point in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well where I'm zeroing in on beating the game and I'm pretty sure I've got a party setup totally capable of doing it. It's been a good ride and I've enjoyed the game a lot but I'm kind of worried that I'm not gonna be able to bear going to fight the final boss until I finish the million sidequests I haven't completed and kill all the optional superbosses and burn myself out on the game til I hate it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat it and do the quests later

goferchan posted:

I feel that way sometimes too but I wonder if it's my own completionist gamer brain disease.

Nah its the game being bad

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

KingSlime posted:

Bet y'all miss the frame rate chat riiight about now 💩

Frame rates

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Stan Taylor posted:

Frame rates

Frames rate

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

veni veni veni posted:

Whenever it gets like that for me I put it down for a few weeks and play something else then come back to it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just played an hour of Rocket League on the toilet while my mom yelled at me for being a pathetic sack of crap.

The perfect console.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man a lot of people need a place more comfortable than a bathroom to get away from other people.

I mean I get it, for some people it's not socially or financially possible but drat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man a lot of people need a place more comfortable than a bathroom to get away from other people.

I mean I get it, for some people it's not socially or financially possible but drat.

I'm actually lucky in that way because I have an office but playing it on the couch while my girlfriend watches TV has never been an issue.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

I'm actually getting to that point in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well where I'm zeroing in on beating the game and I'm pretty sure I've got a party setup totally capable of doing it. It's been a good ride and I've enjoyed the game a lot but I'm kind of worried that I'm not gonna be able to bear going to fight the final boss until I finish the million sidequests I haven't completed and kill all the optional superbosses and burn myself out on the game til I hate it

This is what I did with the first game and it kind of ruined it for me. I told myself I wasn't gonna do that in this one but I just spent like four hours tracking down flower bandits and poo poo.

Dosan Yvormes
Jan 6, 2018

Inzombiac posted:

I just played an hour of Rocket League on the toilet while my mom yelled at me for being a pathetic sack of crap.

The perfect console.

I have wanted to get this for a while now, but this is the comment that made me need it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I always assumed words like "amiibo" and "pokemon" were both singular and plural in English because they're Japanese constructs and the grammar doesn't work the same way so you just follow the native language patterns.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

My friend has two Switch, he's so lucky

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Chinook posted:

My friend has two Suwichi, he's so lucky

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I have 120 hours in xenoblade 2. I’m saved right before the end and finishing up some quests. Is it end game and then credits or can I continue after beating it?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GreenNight posted:

I have 120 hours in xenoblade 2. I’m saved right before the end and finishing up some quests. Is it end game and then credits or can I continue after beating it?

After you beat the game it dumps you back outside the final boss when you load the save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
One Switch, Two Switch, Red Switch, Blue Switch

• Locked thread