Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

When a dev publishes a changelog 100 entries long its cause the game is extremely broken.

It may now be less broken but that doesnt solve the boring or souless parts

I hope you enjoy it and grow more hate in your heart for me when i only try to help you. Nurture you tasteless fury and grow strong in your beliefs that mediocre games are in fact great.

Or on the other hand, it's because the develope is some crazy obsessive and thinks he needs to comment on each pixel adjustment or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yah very trent reznor. Also sometimes its a capcom trying to look busy shuffling deck chairs in sfv

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bought Agents of Mayhem on Xbone two months ago for $4 from the redbox. Still haven't installed it, but hey four bux.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

There's a good chance it's garbage, but to be clear I can read things on the internet too, I was looking for first hand experience - preferably on the X.

This is a recurring pattern here, otherwise I wouldn't give you poo poo for it. Please consider just not posting when you have no experience with the topic at hand.

It's an incredibly mediocre and quickly dull game, regardless of the machine it runs on.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i know its hosed up that they called the third xbox the xbox 1 but if you think about it calling the second xbox the xbox 360 is even more inaccurate

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

at least the fist xbox was extremely boxy and had a literal x on it so they got at least one right

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I want a skeleton themed xbone so I could have the bone xbone x

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just realized they called the 40,000th PC the PC

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Beastie posted:

Infinite Warfare looks so much better than WW2 on X it’s ridiculous.

Also, I think its really underrated as its single player campaign is probably as close as we'll get to a decent Battlestar Galactica game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Le Saboteur posted:

Also, I think its really underrated as its single player campaign is probably as close as we'll get to a decent Battlestar Galactica game.

Its a really good campaign. You get to choose your missions and objectives, and can upgrade guns and such. If it got fleshed out more, it could be a really good space commander game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The first two star fighter missions were fun but there were far too many of them.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ether Frenzy posted:

I just realized they called the 40,000th PC the PC

i dont think thats true

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They really nailed the feeling of walking around on the bridge of a huge war spaceship while it enters and exits orbit/warp in Infinite Warfare. The missions did get very samey but the best ones were the ones where you’d pop out of your fighter and infiltrate an enemy capitol ship to take it down, then get back into your fighter and escape.

The robot was quite funny too and sounded just like the interstellar robot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cuntman.net posted:

i dont think thats true

Lovin dis username

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I was trying to play split screen racing with my son on Forza Horizons but it seems we can’t until some point into the single player campaign? How long does it take to unlock this?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was trying to play split screen racing with my son on Forza Horizons but it seems we can’t until some point into the single player campaign? How long does it take to unlock this?

You need to build a second festival, takes about an hour

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Has the Horizon 3 X patch hit yet? I tried it pre-patch and it was surprisingly pretty, and I could actually play the Blizzard Mountain dlc without issues. On PC it would freeze the game on start up every time, even though Hot Wheels was fine.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Has the Horizon 3 X patch hit yet? I tried it pre-patch and it was surprisingly pretty, and I could actually play the Blizzard Mountain dlc without issues. On PC it would freeze the game on start up every time, even though Hot Wheels was fine.

Yeah that bug took them loving forever to fix. It was something they had to do on the XBL side for some reason, it was fixed like 3 or 4 weeks after that Hot Wheels DLC landed.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Doesn't look like it yet. Apparently a small patch got pushed to prepare, and some crappy news sites are saying the 'roll out has begun!'

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The X crashed twice today during Wolfenstein II. Should I worry?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah that's normal Xbox behavior.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I did Nazi that crash coming.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Lovin dis username

thanks i like it because i can say lol username post combo every time i make a post

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Forza Horizon 3 looks incredible, easily one of the showcase X games. Somehow 30fps doesn't seem so lovely on it either.

Too bad they delayed the patch so long, I assume to shore up 7 sales.

edit: DF video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCjhgIBEV8

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 16, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah I just did a race on the coast as the sun set during some rain. It was stunning.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah horizon 3 looks so good now. We should get some groups on for weekend fun.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I would be up for that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Horizon 3 already looked pretty drat good and is one of the few good racing games this console gen so the X version must be pretty sick

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BrownieVK posted:

I would be up for that.

There's already a goon group that does forza 7 every Wednesday.

What if we did horizon 3 every Thursday (or another day) just get on horizon 3, group up and pick something to do.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TheScott2K posted:

Horizon 3 already looked pretty drat good and is one of the few good racing games this console gen so the X version must be pretty sick

Honestly the only thing that really stands out vs playing it on a 1080ti PC on the same 65" 4k tv are the particle effects/fire, and the more jaggy edges on trees in the distance. I don't understand why I'm ok with the frame rate since I usually am a bit of a frame rate whore.

Forza goons (or any goons) add me: dr fatsaq. I guarantee I'll never beat you, I am loving terrible at racing games.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Horizon's framerate, while a shameful 30, is rock-loving-solid in terms of both rate and timing. Makes it a lot more okay.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Honestly the only thing that really stands out vs playing it on a 1080ti PC on the same 65" 4k tv are the particle effects/fire, and the more jaggy edges on trees in the distance. I don't understand why I'm ok with the frame rate since I usually am a bit of a frame rate whore.

Forza goons (or any goons) add me: dr fatsaq. I guarantee I'll never beat you, I am loving terrible at racing games.

I'll try to add you but in case I don't get around to it tomorrow:

I'm ineffiablefx.

Make your Wednesday night free at 9pm. There's a bunch of goons that race and we have several guys that are low/mid tier. You'll fit in fine with the rest of us in the back.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Thursdays are ideal for me. I’m on central US.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

How about we try Thursday at 9pm eastern? It's the latest I can start and still play for 1-2 hours. And it shouldn't be too early even for western coast folks.

We'll just mess around this Thursday and maybe we can figure out what kind of stuff we like to do together.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I added you. 9pm might be difficult even if it's eastern time, I get up at 4am for work. :( Ironically because real life driving is a nightmare in my city at rush hour, so I work 6am-2pm. And it's still bad at 2pm.

On the plus side, one of the most fun roads to drive on in the world is 30 minutes away.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 16, 2018

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I added you. 9pm might be difficult even if it's eastern time, I get up at 4am for work. :( Ironically because real life driving is a nightmare in my city at rush hour, so I work 6am-2pm. And it's still bad at 2pm.

On the plus side, one of the most fun roads to drive on in the world is 30 minutes away.

If our group is fine with it, we could push it back.

The most important thing is we need to agree on a time that we can meet every week. The forza 7 guys start at 9pm eastern because one or two of them get off work and get home just barely in time for that.

I'd be up for trying around 7pm/8pm eastern.

How about everyone just lets me know their availability on Thursday and let's see how it goes from there? If it becomes too complicated maybe we can just make it a Friday/Saturday thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Thanks but don't try to work around me, I can't play at regular times, or for significant times, ever. :(

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Thanks but don't try to work around me, I can't play at regular times, or for significant times, ever. :(

Oh okay. Well I tried. I mean if you ever see me online you can invite me, I'm usually up for messing around with goons.

I'll see how the Thursday night group goes with other people.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/953311505868623872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

What's their "if previously purchased" statement about, games being formerly available digitally but since pulled from XBL?