Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
Wait is there actually a mario gun game.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

cda posted:

Wait is there actually a mario gun game.

Oh you sweet summer child

I never get to use that catch phrase! :haw:

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

cda

by Hand Knit
that's not a gun. I want him to have a real gun. like a desert eagle.

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

I want to make a joke about Mario saying poignant Solid Snake quotes with his accent but I don't want the thread to get gassed so just use your imagination.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cda posted:

that's not a gun. I want him to have a real gun. like a desert eagle.

piussy rear end bitch mario only uses two handed firearms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5_4lQSuEPw&t=14s

deep dish peat moss

The glock nine milimario

treasure bear

it's very clear to those of us in the know that zelda botw is far cry 2 2

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
The new Zelda looks wistful. Everything breaking feels thematic. Unno if I'd like it, but I can make sense out of it.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

TOOT BOOT

God I'm like so out of touch with Nintendo now, Mario really does have a gun and the Master Sword breaks in combat

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Heat Signature is so good, but impossible to play :420:

a glitch

no wait stop

TOOT BOOT posted:

God I'm like so out of touch with Nintendo now, Mario really does have a gun and the Master Sword breaks in combat

Pretty sure Mario used a bazooka to massacre goombas and koopas in a SNES game that used the super scope. I could have dreamed that though.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich

a glitch posted:

Pretty sure Mario used a bazooka to massacre goombas and koopas in a SNES game that used the super scope. I could have dreamed that though.

Yoshi's Safari, as linked by Putty above?

----------------

a glitch

no wait stop

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Yoshi's Safari, as linked by Putty above?

Yup, that's the one, somehow missed that post. Still, somewhat good to know I didn't dream up Mario killing things with a bazooka.

sockingtonsworth

Koishi Komeiji posted:

A lot of Zelda games are better than OoT people just like that one because it was the first 3d Zelda and for a lot of people their first Zelda game. The soundtrack is also some of the worst video game music ever recorded I mean listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmsZyC0UXUU&t=70s
Someone got paid good money to go EW AH! EW AH! into a mircrophone.

i cooled off for a little after this, becuase it made me realize musical tastes do actually differ irl. this song kicks rear end and i stand by that

Scaly Haylie

I love the detail in Final Fanta-

:staredog:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 7, 2018

Scaly Haylie

dark souls is coming to switch...

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I'm impressed that guy could talk so much while burning to death.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Good for him.

----------------

Poniard

i've been playing tekken 7 but gently caress that let's talk about a real fighting game

released in 1994, made by the now defunct diversions entertainment, published by EPIC MEGAGAMES (now known as epic games), here comes

one must fall 2097 is an attempt at putting an original fighting game on the ibm compatibles.

here's the main menu with a big robot in it. there's the standard fighting game stuff like single player and two player. tournament play is a career mode where you do fights against the computer and get money to buy parts to make a mega buff robot. this game also got netplay patched in to it at some point.

these are the pilots. in this game you pick a pilot AND a robot. the stats seem pretty wack. power makes you do more damage, agility changes walk speed, endurance gives you more health. having max health is really strong because even the maximum power guy on the right there doesn't do enough damage to cancel it out. the MOST IMPORTANT reason to choose a pilot is so your robot gets a paint job that you like.

the guy in the bottom right is raven from snow crash. there's also some dystopian future lore but I didnt read it.

robots about to duke it out. omf2097 is a 2 button fighter there's just punch and kick. for some reason the game is programmed so you can have 2 players on 1 keyboard and it seems really lovely so i use joy2key with modern fightsticks. you can do your standard fighting game poo poo like block, crouch, jump, whatever. you do each robot's normals by holding a direction and pressing a button. like, towards + punch does the fast jab and away+ punch does the big punch.

every stage other than this one has stage hazards like electrified walls or airplanes shooting at you

normally in a fighting game you do a quarter circle towards and punch to do a hadouken. in this game you have to really hold that last direction of the input because the input parser sucks.

all the robots have pretty neat special moves but there's one weird property that makes the game seem hosed up. a bunch of the special moves have a 'shadow' version which (as far as i can tell) makes you invincible the whole time the attack is happening. this would be sick if you could use it as a reversal but there's no input buffer that lets you do inputs while you're blocking.

i read about how the game is full of secrets (jazz jackrabbit characters are secret bosses) and has weird secret moves and fatalities. this makes me think that the guys that made ONE MUST FALL 2097 thought that mortal kombat and street fighter 2 were entirely about finding the sick op moves and beating up your buddy at the arcade.

omf2097 was released years after street fighter 2 and mortal kombat but still far before the time when people knew about poo poo like frame data and all the technical crap you can look up on the web. this game is a curiosity and i'd love to test out all the moves and see what's possible in the game with 2018 fighting game knowhow.

----------------

Twenty Four

Poniard posted:

i've been playing tekken 7 but gently caress that let's talk about a real fighting game

released in 1994, made by the now defunct diversions entertainment, published by EPIC MEGAGAMES (now known as epic games), here comes

one must fall 2097 is an attempt at putting an original fighting game on the ibm compatibles.

here's the main menu with a big robot in it. there's the standard fighting game stuff like single player and two player. tournament play is a career mode where you do fights against the computer and get money to buy parts to make a mega buff robot. this game also got netplay patched in to it at some point.

these are the pilots. in this game you pick a pilot AND a robot. the stats seem pretty wack. power makes you do more damage, agility changes walk speed, endurance gives you more health. having max health is really strong because even the maximum power guy on the right there doesn't do enough damage to cancel it out. the MOST IMPORTANT reason to choose a pilot is so your robot gets a paint job that you like.

the guy in the bottom right is raven from snow crash. there's also some dystopian future lore but I didnt read it.

robots about to duke it out. omf2097 is a 2 button fighter there's just punch and kick. for some reason the game is programmed so you can have 2 players on 1 keyboard and it seems really lovely so i use joy2key with modern fightsticks. you can do your standard fighting game poo poo like block, crouch, jump, whatever. you do each robot's normals by holding a direction and pressing a button. like, towards + punch does the fast jab and away+ punch does the big punch.

every stage other than this one has stage hazards like electrified walls or airplanes shooting at you

normally in a fighting game you do a quarter circle towards and punch to do a hadouken. in this game you have to really hold that last direction of the input because the input parser sucks.

all the robots have pretty neat special moves but there's one weird property that makes the game seem hosed up. a bunch of the special moves have a 'shadow' version which (as far as i can tell) makes you invincible the whole time the attack is happening. this would be sick if you could use it as a reversal but there's no input buffer that lets you do inputs while you're blocking.

i read about how the game is full of secrets (jazz jackrabbit characters are secret bosses) and has weird secret moves and fatalities. this makes me think that the guys that made ONE MUST FALL 2097 thought that mortal kombat and street fighter 2 were entirely about finding the sick op moves and beating up your buddy at the arcade.

omf2097 was released years after street fighter 2 and mortal kombat but still far before the time when people knew about poo poo like frame data and all the technical crap you can look up on the web. this game is a curiosity and i'd love to test out all the moves and see what's possible in the game with 2018 fighting game knowhow.

I thought I was the only person to remember this game, though I don't remember it really well. I think the controls were clunky, especially using a keyboard, and I never got far in it because of that.

Starman Super DX

Twenty Four posted:

I thought I was the only person to remember this game, though I don't remember it really well. I think the controls were clunky, especially using a keyboard, and I never got far in it because of that.

I remembered next to nothing about this game for years and years but for some reason, from some deep seated memory in my childhood situated next to Scarlett O'Hara from Uninvited, the music from Star Tropics, and Code Masters' Cosmic Spacehead, was the title "One Must Fall". Looking at the actual game play screenshots now makes me wonder if I had seen this before... but when? and where? and it must have been extremely brief.

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

One must post

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
So I looking for my copy of the last of us cause I haven't played that in years and discover that I so have a copy of infinite undiscovery. Gonna need to see if my fridge will want to borrow ps4 in exchange for hours 360 so I can play that game again

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

Einsteins Kegels

by R. Guyovich

Poniard posted:

I played this on floppy disk when I was like 10 and couldnt win a single round

----------------

Twenty Four

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

nice!

Starman Super DX

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

Tell me more!

TOOT BOOT

Einsteins Kegels posted:

I played this on floppy disk when I was like 10 and couldnt win a single round

I guess the one that must fall was you

drilldo squirt

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

My power levels are way off.

----------------

Starman Super DX

TOOT BOOT posted:

I guess the one that must fall was you

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hey! That's going a little far, don't you think??

Tell me more!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One must post

reported for tier list

also w/o me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baller Ina

:whattheeucharist:
99.9% completed Odyssey, just need to grind the coins for the skeleton outfit. Only needed the Internet for like a dozen or so moons so that feels good. Darker side really wasn’t that hard tbh. All in all tho an awesome game.

Now to get my computer fixed so I can PC it up

----------------

Koishi Komeiji

Baller Ina posted:

99.9% completed Odyssey, just need to grind the coins for the skeleton outfit. Only needed the Internet for like a dozen or so moons so that feels good. Darker side really wasn’t that hard tbh. All in all tho an awesome game.

I heard they added a new mode where players can hide a balloon in a world and other players have to find it kinda like a low rent Mario Maker. Is it worth it to start playing Odyssey again for that mode? Seems like it might be kinda neat or it might just be a bunch of people trolling you with bullshit balloon placement.

Baller Ina

:whattheeucharist:
Huh, I hadn’t heard of that, I’ll have to give it a shot

I’ll report back w my opinions

----------------

Starman Super DX

Baller Ina posted:

if you can think of anything good (that actually pushes hardware) let me know because I just bought a GTX 1060 and then realized that the most there was to do is install a graphics mod onto Prey :(

Tell me more!

Koishi Komeiji

So, uuuhhh, ummm Nintendo announced a uh... thing. A thing that they will be doing with the Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU
I can't tell the difference between real life and jokes anymore.

Harold Fjord
Custom cardboard accessories ala the Wiimote steering wheel/sapper? Brilliant.

Koishi Komeiji

I forgot to mention this thing costs 70 - 80s dollars.

Edit: In real money, not like fake cardboard money.

Koishi Komeiji fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 18, 2018

Koishi Komeiji

Can't wait to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with my Nintendo Labo set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

little kid me would have been all over that poo poo. grown up me thinks it’s probably too much effort, not something I should spend money on, and that little kid me probably never would have finished one anyway.

Tell me more!