Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm probably gonna call it after NP5 Lily. Of course I'd love the mats, but I need to get around to building others. Saber Alter was very quickly max ascended, but it's gonna take some doing to get others close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
With Nero, Salter, and Lily all unleveled, and with only Caesar at level 50 as my 3-star Saber, I think it's finally going to be impossible to clear the bonus missions on Saber point Servants alone. I'll probably have to throw my Waver and maybe Cu in there, unless anyone can reassure me an 80 Artoria, 75 Okita, and 75 Altera, plus whatever support, can still clear.

EDIT: This post, btw, coming from someone who originally started as a Melty Blood player, is extremely interesting, though it doesn't go into any detail as to that era of T-M (a pity): https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7q2rl9/the_trail_of_typemoon_the_biography_of_typemoon/

Gologle fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 14, 2018

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Just so you know, Japan had one of those IRL events, they teased a setsubun event and Kintoki animation renewal. Also lewd onis with glasses for the 5🌟 event CE.

https://twitter.com/FateGOHub/status/952410355602415616
https://twitter.com/humanity6/status/952425107502202880

https://twitter.com/fgo_english/status/952425768792965120
https://twitter.com/fgo_english/status/952426254111711232
Well poo poo.

E: why are my links not becoming embeds. Is it a mobile thing.
E2: screw it I'll fix it in the morning.
E3: oh cool it's just a mobile thing.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jan 14, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Having to cycle out Servants constantly sounds like something that would become very annoying very fast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Having to cycle out Servants constantly sounds like something that would become very annoying very fast.

It's not a grind event, it's a series of challenge battles.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
alas, without my NP5 10/10/10 friend's merlin, i am truly doomed

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hahaha, D'Eon NP3 on a random ticket.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Sounds interesting and can't wait for the bronze only video. Also gently caress yeah new Kintoki animations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't wait for Kintoki animation that I will never see because I can never roll him and no one has him.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Marogareh posted:

Sounds interesting and can't wait for the bronze only video.
If you level and grail your Bronze servants, they turn Gold!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I just realized I have summoned every Saberface in the game except for OG Artoria.

edit: wait I don't have Jeanne either. I forgot she counted as Saberface.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 14, 2018

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Pureauthor posted:

I just realized I have summoned every Saberface in the game except for OG Artoria.

Good, every saberface is better than the original.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I need Salter and og Altria to have all the saberfaces and the only one I really tried for was Jeanne when I was doing the rerolls. All the other ones came from doing single 30 rolls shooting for someone else.

I'm really really going to try for bride though and watch me not get her

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

freshlybaked posted:

Good, every saberface is better than the original.
The more I compare the other Saberfaces to OG Artoria, the more boring Artoria seems to be.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm only missing Nero when it comes to Saberfaces, but at this point I think I'm simply not Roma enough for me to summon her after all the quartz I spent on her banners.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Retcon posted:

I'm only missing Nero when it comes to Saberfaces, but at this point I think I'm simply not Roma enough for me to summon her after all the quartz I spent on her banners.
At least Valentines gives us a shot at best Umu.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

RanKizama posted:

At least Valentines gives us a shot at best Umu.
Don't think I'm actually going to be pulling on that banner beyond a few tickets, honestly. I want to save up for Jalter and Summer Martha and Nero Bride will have another rate up in autumn.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Thankfully I hate Bride's design and already have Umu Classic so I should be able to safely ignore the Valentine's banner.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Oh Snapple! posted:

Thankfully I hate Bride's design
:stare:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I rolled in the Jalter/Da Vinci gacha since they're both servants i want, and when i saw a gold caster card i thought hey, cool

i have Scheherazade now i guess

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I rolled in the Jalter/Da Vinci gacha since they're both servants i want, and when i saw a gold caster card i thought hey, cool

i have Scheherazade now i guess

I got Scheherazade when rolling for Gramps a bit back and I wish she was better cuz her animations are cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I think they added her in just so the Caster class has a genuine spook because prior to this all the nonlimited SSR Casters were pretty darn good. After all she's like one of 2 unlimited SSRs released during the entirety of EoR.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is that the same logic for adding in that new 5 star assassin to spook Jack?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's real, real bad Ran.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You have your choice of 'Bridal Theme Bondage Gear' or 'Bridal Themed Swimsuit'

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 14, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Default Bride looks fine! (Aside for the unfortunate case of the belts and zippers) The other two arts look varying level of horrible, but her sprites look fine.

Seriously the only reason I'm rolling for her is that I already have a bunch of strong arts units and I might as well play to that strength instead of relying on getting a bunch of buster units to enable a buster based crit team. My plan is to get her, saber lancelot and summer altria to have a good all around arts team. Since I have tamamo, jeanne and mash I can stall forever, I just need the damage

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I'm rolling for her, but I'll be waiting for Nerofest to do it seriously since right now all quartz are for JAlter.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

For this latest challenge node, should I kill the Chimeras first or focus Jack? Failed it twice already :eng99:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Killed By Death posted:

For this latest challenge node, should I kill the Chimeras first or focus Jack? Failed it twice already :eng99:

Depending on your party, maybe borrow a MLB Pure bloom Nero and have her unleash her AoE to clear the Chimera's.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Killed By Death posted:

I did the chimeras first, and got a little lucky with the RNG by getting a Brave chain with Okita to take out one instantly. I think I was able to stun the other two with MHX's stun the next turn, just ate regular ol' damage for the round after that, and then just got lucky with Jack not NPing or focusing too much on Okita (who didn't have the Guts skill from the CE).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My own fight went down to the wire and RNG made me extremely lucky with
a)My Okita who started on the frontlines surviving all the way to the very end.
b)My lvl 1 MHX on the backline not only surviving long enough to activate her stun but
c)Having the stun proc on all three of them.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah, I brought along my Waver for the fight, so this is obv going to be a different experience than other people who are trying to run it purely with points characters. I had Waver, Artoria, Support MHX, with Okita waiting in the back with Lily and Caesar. I put Imaginary Around on Artoria, Star of Artoria on Waver, Star on Lily, had an MLB Star on the support, and Okita had MLB Purely Bloom.

The strategy was to build up NP in the first round for MHX and Artoria. Because of the IA on Artoria and Waver, no matter what I did she was guarenteed to have her NP for the Chimeras ready. When the second round starts, Excaliblast the Chimera (this will absolutely kill them even without damage buffs thanks to the Stars) and stun Jack with the plugsuit's spell. I also had MHX use Fire Support for the chance of next turn stun. If all goes well Jack is stunned for two turns and you can just unload on her.

Depending on what you want to do you could probably use Waver's NP to stall her a little, but I didn't bother because I wanted either MHX or Artoria to die so Okita could come in. IIRC, I could be wrong, Jack's NP and probably her normal attacks all prioritize females, as my Waver didn't get touched once, so you can use that in team comps to manipulate who gets swapped in and what you can do with that.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

Kind of depends on your own team. I've got a high level Altera with an MLB Purely Bloom in my front row, so her NP conveniently nukes both Chimeras along with tossing a Def. Down debuff on Jack. So just went with standard strategy and used a friend Okita for my support to burn down Jack - as much as possible, she still ended up getting off her NP on Altera, then Information Erasured off evasion and wiping Okita too on the same turn, but it was thankfully mostly cleanup by then.

If you can't do that, it depends on how fast you can burn enemies down. Jack gets extremely painful once she's getting 3 actions a turn (Information Erasure ho!), but Chimeras do a LOT of damage. If you can manage to kill her fast, probably go for her first, but that's a lot of HP to burn through.

Secondary idea, bring along a Berserker (Vlad or Herc) with an MLB Purely Bloom.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got Scheherazade when rolling for Gramps a bit back and I wish she was better cuz her animations are cool.

She was the first SSR I pulled. Figured it was the gatcha setting the tone.

I found her pretty useful in the early game when I had little else though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
when are we getting astolfo, his cameo in the winter event was pretty cute

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Umm I cleared out the tube shop items a few days ago and I went back down to tesla to see if I can get enough lenses to get a stock up on saber pieces but it doesn't feel efficient to me. Sure the occasional claw is sweet but it just doesn't seem efficient AP wise to get pieces this way.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Meanwhile I'm mentally debating if I want to go back to beating up Jeanne so I can buy the Fous.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Finished my 2nd 10/10/10:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
You can never have enough Fous. My Tamamo still hasn't gotten hers, and every time she's going to be next in line, someone takes her spot. Last two times were Lancer Alter and MHX... except I also pulled a Drake from the MHX banner, and she definitely needs the extra Attack to farm without needing full buffs.

One day Tammy. One day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I brought Nursery Rhyme against Jack, along with MHX and friend Okita to feed her stars. But in the end it was MHX's and Okita's NPs that did the most damage to her, I got kind of unlucky with the cards I got after using Rhyme's crit skill. At least her NP stalled Jack's NP for one turn (along with killing the chimeras), and I was able to finish her off the next turn.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 14, 2018