Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yes, because rampant racism and transphobia is totally the funny version of "talking poo poo", which is exactly what it became before they put sub only on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

iospace posted:

Yes, because rampant racism and transphobia is totally the funny version of "talking poo poo".

this was the only thing moderated in his chat

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

What stuff was agdq moderating that didn't fall into those categories though?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

hell trihard puts it better than I can put it myself, chat isn't some amalgamation of alt right people that you can't control https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulFilthyBobaKreygasm

itskage posted:

What stuff wasn't agdq moderating that didn't fall into those categories though?

emote spam, anything putting down boring runs (time for lowtax to ban people for hating that secret of evermore run), lack of high quality shitpost emotes. some of the funniest parts of GDQ for me were when people started spamming so much gachiBASS after a runner says something like "deep thrust" during the bloodborne run that the gifs would cause streams to stutter on old computers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So they were banning white noise. Got it.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Minrad posted:

hell trihard puts it better than I can put it myself, chat isn't some amalgamation of alt right people that you can't control https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulFilthyBobaKreygasm

oh my god that speech of his followed by that donation comment is the most Internet thing I have ever seen :lol:

Trihex rules

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

iospace posted:

So they were banning white noise. Got it.

incredibly, people are capable of having different opinions. I'm glad as hell that the Sub Mode decision was made, cuz for me, this was the best GDQ in a while since I had an entertaining chat to watch it with and it didn't need moderation and censorship out the wazoo because it was no longer attached to GDQ. big win/win for me IMO.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Minrad posted:

emote spam, anything putting down boring runs (time for lowtax to ban people for hating that secret of evermore run), lack of high quality shitpost emotes. some of the funniest parts of GDQ for me were when people started spamming so much gachiBASS after a runner says something like "deep thrust" during the bloodborne run that the gifs would cause streams to stutter on old computers

counterpoint: there were a few poverty restreams shut down (by the owner) because they were filled with people yelling racist and anti-transgender stuff They didn't realize that yes, Twitch Chat Is Bad

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

oh my god that speech of his followed by that donation comment is the most Internet thing I have ever seen :lol:

Trihex rules

He did a big speech about pleb chat and future GDQ plans, SGDQ isn't certain since it might coincide with some anime convention (lmao) but Trihex is gonna make a big effort to be at AGDQ 2019, and he was hyping up big plans like some kind of 100 man relay race for Mario Odyssey (everyone line ups and each person does 1 moon before handing the controller off to the next one in line) and getting good at Odyssey so he can run it or something else at the new location. I'm hype as hell for Trihex to return, dude is fun as gently caress and the best Yoshi's Island commentator imo.

FZeroRacer posted:

counterpoint: there were a few poverty restreams shut down (by the owner) because they were filled with people yelling racist and anti-transgender stuff They didn't realize that yes, Twitch Chat Is Bad

he's literally talking about that in the post you quoted??

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minrad posted:

incredibly, people are capable of having different opinions. I'm glad as hell that the Sub Mode decision was made, cuz for me, this was the best GDQ in a while since I had an entertaining chat to watch it with and it didn't need moderation and censorship out the wazoo because it was no longer attached to GDQ. big win/win for me IMO.

So close to getting it. So close.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

iospace posted:

So close to getting it. So close.

ya I'm not falling for bait, sorry

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minrad posted:

ya I'm not falling for bait, sorry

Let me spell it out: maybe the GDQ organizers also thought it was white noise and not worth it.

Or of an opinion different of your own.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

iospace posted:

Let me spell it out: maybe the GDQ organizers also thought it was white noise and not worth it.

Or of an opinion different of your own.

okay? I think you're fighting a strawman, so let me spell it out: gdq sub chat is a good thing, and I'm not arguing to remove it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minrad posted:

okay? I think you're fighting a strawman, so let me spell it out: gdq sub chat is a good thing, and I'm not arguing to remove it.

Ok, so we're on the same page then, you think that sub chat is a good thing and the main chat is overheavily moderated?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kaubocks posted:

haven't made a list of my favorite runs yet but i was going through my tweets over the past week and lmfao did this not age well

https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/951183626070237184

I was getting caught up with Awful Block yesterday and there were a surprising number of donations with "Can't wait to hear the Lobotomy Chicken song" messages. I'm so glad it failed. It was one of my most anticipated runs of the week and that guy sucked.

Aside from that, what a fun week. Already looking forward to SGDQ, though I wish it was the week of July 4th rather than right before it...I was going to take most of the week off. Still have a few VODs I gotta get caught up on. Will watching Bloodborne make me want to give it another shot? I've never made it out of the first area.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
no no no you DONT GET IT

mods are punishing me for the WRONGTHING of "some runners are less deserving of existing than I am"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

iospace posted:

Ok, so we're on the same page then, you think that sub chat is a good thing and the main chat is overheavily moderated?

Good lord what is it you are fishing for.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also jesus christ Trihex with a beard looks like if I had an identical twin.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

beep by grandpa posted:

yo

just a warning and fyi to keep the magic and sanctity of this thread I will be closing it at some point sooner than you might think. Not the day the marathon ends but I would this thread to remain special and not die a slow, painful death.

Pull the trigger piglet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

beep by grandpa posted:

Good lord what is it you are fishing for.

He's complaining about chat moderation yet praising them for being harsher with moderation.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

iospace posted:

Yeah exactly. I completely understand that GDQ wants to be family friendly, runners' families and friends are watching to see them be an internet superstar and you get so many donation messages where it's like "I loved this game as a kid and I'm so glad I can watch it here with my five year old" and a lightly moderated chat doesn't need to be aaaaaanywhere near that, there's just no way for the two to coexist. So I'm really glad that sub chat pushed people to make their own chats, cuz the end result was bunkering down at Trihex's places where he had the moderation and tools to keep everything in check, and even went out of his way to buy a ton of emotes for everyone to have an old school GDQ comfy zone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minrad posted:

Yeah exactly. I completely understand that GDQ wants to be family friendly, runners' families and friends are watching to see them be an internet superstar and you get so many donation messages where it's like "I loved this game as a kid and I'm so glad I can watch it here with my five year old" and a lightly moderated chat doesn't need to be aaaaaanywhere near that, there's just no way for the two to coexist. So I'm really glad that sub chat pushed people to make their own chats, cuz the end result was bunkering down at Trihex's places where he had the moderation and tools to keep everything in check, and even went out of his way to buy a ton of emotes for everyone to have an old school GDQ comfy zone.

Alright, fair enough then.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

mercy kill the thread

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

:love:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not yet......all beligerents were able to resolve matters amicably and maybe after some people eat some food we'll have a nice proper send off instead of it smelling like dog poo poo in here :)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
before the thread is closed I just want to apologize again to anyone who sincerely replied to my shitpost copypastes

please forgive me

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Someone please gather the SM64 gifs and dump them all in one post, thanks :buddy:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Your Computer posted:

before the thread is closed I just want to apologize again to anyone who sincerely replied to my shitpost copypastes

please forgive me

I thought they were all funny even if I seriousposted at them.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I dunno what you guys saw but sub chat was just as spammy, with the same kind of comments and sweating frog emotes when a trans person was on screen. Dark Souls 3 was another level of special as well.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Thank you everyone who made shitposting here such a blast!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Your Computer posted:

please forgive me

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

good night sweet thread, may the songs of speedruns sing thee to sleep

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Kiranamos posted:

I dunno what you guys saw but sub chat was just as spammy, with the same kind of comments and sweating frog emotes when a trans person was on screen. Dark Souls 3 was another level of special as well.

Twitch chat is never not bad, no one is arguing against that

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just watched el matador and holy gently caress

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

One more for the road

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
anyway must shill for the discord group one final time https://discord.gg/qq9VAaN

we have almost 90 speedfriends now!!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Vaah posted:

Twitch chat is never not bad, no one is arguing against that

:yeah:

Was the Mass Effect run any good, I meant to watch it and over slept after staying up late for Canvas Curse (which, btw, if you saw it and didn't see the tas run of that game, go find it, holy gently caress)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hey psst all those extremely lovely streams everyone hates, the ones full of mean ole moderators and dipshit 19 year old virgins making fun of queers and weird old it guys? you don't have to join any of them

you can just watch the stream while hanging out with friends or playing a videogame or posting itt instead, you don't have to engage with it at all and you'll still have a good time except when you don't and when you don't you can just ignore the stream and do something else until the next game

it's pretty easy and a good way to be

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Soup du Jour posted:

good night sweet thread, may the songs of speedruns sing thee to sleep

TIME TO HIBERNATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Minrad posted:

:yeah:

Was the Mass Effect run any good, I meant to watch it and over slept after staying up late for Canvas Curse (which, btw, if you saw it and didn't see the tas run of that game, go find it, holy gently caress)

I thought it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but they did a good job explaining stuff throughout and there weren't too many lulls in the commentary.

• Locked thread