Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He recently got practice for it by being the showrunner for the Good Omens mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Links are hard but the Ennis Hitman series is being eyed for a tv adaptation.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Links are hard but the Ennis Hitman series is being eyed for a tv adaptation.

Could be good if done properly. Especially if it's in DC Universe and they can do the best Superman story ever!

Just hoping Bueno Excellente's casting is on point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is possibly my favorite non super hero comic of all time. Please do this justice

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/13/geoff-johns-greg-berlanti-looking-garth-ennis-john-mccreas-hitman-tv/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess that means I'll actually have to sit down and read hitman after I finish the boys

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

RevKrule posted:

American Gods Season 2 got its new showrunner and uhhhh....I guess it's Neil Gaiman.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/american-gods-starz-boss-showrunner-cast-exits-season-2-plans-1202242030/

This could get interesting.

He's not actually showrunning. There were apparently some crossed wires at Starz, I guess.

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/951923925222678528

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

site posted:

I guess that means I'll actually have to sit down and read hitman after I finish the boys

Personally I'd stop reading the Boys and start Hitman, it's much better and far less Ennisy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im probably gonna lose all my cred here but i find my self enjoying it despite it being incredibly, outrageously problematic as gently caress

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

im probably gonna lose all my cred here but i find my self enjoying it despite it being incredibly, outrageously problematic as gently caress

When you finish the Boys take an Ennis break and then dive into Hitman. You won't be disappointed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno you know he won't have the Bret Hart sunglasses, why even get your hopes up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/RahulKohli13/status/951577444007403520

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also in iZombie related news they mentioned that they aren't going to fire Robert Knepper because they don't have any evidence of him doing anything on set for their show but they definitely made it sound like they wouldn't be renewing any contracts with him once his current one runs out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I zombie is so good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

Also in iZombie related news they mentioned that they aren't going to fire Robert Knepper because they don't have any evidence of him doing anything on set for their show but they definitely made it sound like they wouldn't be renewing any contracts with him once his current one runs out.

poo poo, I somehow missed that news. Isn't he a guest star, it should be easy to kill him off camera.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's a minor character but important enough that they probably don't want to just get rid of him off screen. They'll probably use him the minimum amount they can get away with contractually and get rid of him after that.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh cool, iZombie will have a fourth season.

Wait, iZombie had a third season?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Van Helsing 2x03:

Uh, holy poo poo.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heathen posted:

Oh cool, iZombie will have a fourth season.

Wait, iZombie had a third season?

It was the one with Filmore Graves and zombie society. Also it ended with "Z Day" aka zombies becoming public knowledge.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

General consensus seems to be it was a step down, so it wasn't getting as much buzz as usual.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was okay but it wasn't as tight as the other seasons and I never watched the finale.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I hadn't gotten around to watching the new Tick series until now, but this is pretty good.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I only made it about 4 eps into iZombie S3, the wretched Ravi/Peyton/Blaine love triangle thing was bumming me out. I still mean to go back and finish but it just sucked the life out of all involved.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They do give it a definite resolution before the end of the season. Also Rahul Kohli was pretty vocal about not being happy with that whole story arc either so hopefully they back off on doing any more next season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blaine is just loving awful as anything but an explicit evil jerk. That's what David Anders does.

And while they seemed to be hinting that he was faking it I haven't seen enough to know how that resolves and even if it's some elaborate plan it's not worth it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was definitely faking it. Late in the season Major takes the cure too and the memory loss was temporary. IIRC he faked the memory loss going away because he wanted a reset button on his life.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

iZombie turned bad whenever it was that they decided to basically out Major entirely for any of the evil poo poo he did by giving him a Magic Cooler where he actually never killed zombies. God, that loving "reveal" was the cheapest, most cowardly poo poo.

ed: Basically all the for-reals "plotlines" and stories that iZombie goes with loving suck and the show would be a billion zillion times better if it was the Rose McIver Impersonating Other People Hour and nothing else. Maybe with some stuff for her supporting cast thrown in. Every "throughline" the show attempts to pay off doesn't, or it wastes everyone's time resetting the stakes after a bunch of fakeouts.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 15, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So like the episode after he first started. Maybe 2.

They showed it right away.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Major only becomes a zombie-hunter midway through season 2 because he only becomes zombified at the end of season 1. And iirc he spends like at least three or four episodes throwing "corpses in bags" off of bridges and angsting about the horrible things he's doing, which make no sense, since he's not actually doing them.

All I do remember was them making Major an actually compelling and relatively deep and interesting character only to throw it all away so he could be the generic, boring-rear end White Dude all over again.

Again, iZombie would be a legit good show if it realized it's a fun hangout procedural and literally nothing else. Its overarcing storylines are bad and they end badly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s a character show. The procedural plots aren’t very good most of the time either.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm gonna come out and say it, I think Peter Serafinowicz makes a better Tick than Patrick Warburton. I mean some of that could just be down to the script, the Warburton Tick had him as more of a completely oblivious imbecile which I thought was a bit of a misstep, but Serafinowicz has the cadence down perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

I'm gonna come out and say it, I think Peter Serafinowicz makes a better Tick than Patrick Warburton. I mean some of that could just be down to the script, the Warburton Tick had him as more of a completely oblivious imbecile which I thought was a bit of a misstep, but Serafinowicz has the cadence down perfect.

I mean, Walburton was fine but I don't think anyone was like "he is the ultimate, definitive incarnation of the character".

Now the real question is if Serafinowicz can ever measure up to Townsend Coleman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Tick isn't even close to Patrick Warburton's best performance (though he was good), so it's not an insult to say Peter Serafinowicz is a better Tick.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I thought Serafinowicz's Tick was like a slightly-deranged version of Adam West's Batman, which was a somewhat new take on the character -- less of an imbecile, more of a damaged person capable of causing damage himself.

As much as I love the Tick, ever since the original Ben Edlund comics, I've somehow never seen the Warburton series. How does it hold up? Any gems in there? The casting always seemed spot-on to me, but I never hear people gushing over how great a show it was, or even how great a Tick adaptation it was.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

He's a minor character but important enough that they probably don't want to just get rid of him off screen. They'll probably use him the minimum amount they can get away with contractually and get rid of him after that.

Isn't his character still frozen on ice? Or did he get out and I just forgot?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

As much as I love the Tick, ever since the original Ben Edlund comics, I've somehow never seen the Warburton series. How does it hold up? Any gems in there? The casting always seemed spot-on to me, but I never hear people gushing over how great a show it was, or even how great a Tick adaptation it was.

You really feel the show's lack of a budget(everything even remotely exciting happens offscreen), and Bat-Manuel feels like a racist throwback to like the 70s. Also, it had a pretty short run, so it didn't exactly have time to create lasting memories. That said, there's a few stand-out episodes, and it's not like it's aggressively bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I haven't finished season 3, but he gets thawed in the back half.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

He got thawed out but as of now in the story he's down at the bottom of a well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

He got thawed out but as of now in the story he's down at the bottom of a well.

Haha I knew there was something taking him out of the plot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but luke cage sooner rather than later?

https://twitter.com/cheo_coker/status/953495995018395648

Did anybody catch black lightning? I gotta wait till tomorrow to check it out