Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So when they get the artifact and, inevitably, everyone's brains get switched with animals and they lose track of who is who, at some point the only way to tell will be if Samantha can cast a spell or not.

Or someone is present as an animal when she casts something and that's how they find out about her elite team of ninja helpers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Finished Accidental Space Spy.

It was probably one chapter too long though and the end was kind of a wet fart. But the trip along the way was pretty fun.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Synthbuttrange posted:

It was probably one chapter too long though and the end was kind of a wet fart. But the trip along the way was pretty fun.

I really cant get into the farces and its a bummer that the climax of the story was one

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Wrong thread

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 14, 2018

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Maybe he's leaving it open so he can revisit the universe.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Satisfactory conclusions do not seem to be Thorsby’s strong point. Enjoy the ride and hope it goes the distance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The ending for Brain chip was great though.

0.0000012% happier ending.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Brain Chip might be my favorite. Even though it takes a while to care about Ulf's dumb rear end and it leans heavily on Thorsby's "religion = evil" trope, he gets real creative with the format.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It also is the most coherent use of Thorsby's dislike of religion, because it's literally a meme virus rather than the abstract concept of religion that's the actual issue.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no Audrey

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Oh man. Thorsby's snuck one past us. The two plausible deniability incantations we've heard actually sound like real, relevant words (unlike pacifist incantations)... which makes it plausible that Dr. Slanderlord made them up.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
O
W
N
E
D

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What's with that parrot? I guesa that's the spy?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
This is leading up to Audrey trying to kick Samantha's rear end with her eyes closed and her hands tied behind her back.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's with that parrot? I guesa that's the spy?

Or impending animal-possessing shenanigans.

And/or.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/242

GO FOR THE CRAZY

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The problem is that he assumes that one person isn't crazy.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/243

RIP Lyndon

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"I've got a magical surprise for you Lyndon... close your eyes, please?"

*Lyndon closes his eyes*

*A bunch of goons dash in and tie him up*

*She DID have a bunch of assistants doing the 'magic' the whole time*

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I dreamed I was in a Thorsby-esque farce last night, where I'd married two different dudes for their money and they met each other.

So I tried to do the "yelling over everyone to make them think the other person was talking about something else" thing.

It didn't work. I had to flee the country.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

Or impending animal-possessing shenanigans.

And/or.
Judging by the way the parrot keeps following and staring at Samantha, I wonder if there were previous animal-possessing shenanigans. And the person trapped in the parrot is determined to get back into their own body.

Or, the parrot could be her implausible ninja.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/244

On the one hand, they're generically insane inmates.

...on the other the one guy specifically writing THE CLOUDS ARE WATCHING while we're discussing possible witnesses to plausible magic could be foreshadowing. (but it probably isn't. but it could be)

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

And we also get explicit confirmation that anyone on the island could be an inmate out and about doing their own thing.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
So I can't help but think straight to a certain story by Poe.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Whybird posted:

So I can't help but think straight to a certain story by Poe.
Well, here's some confirmation for you today.

Not entirely, though. Samantha herself might just be making the best of a bad situation.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Well, I'm from Diabolica and I've never heard anyone use the phrase 'wall people'."

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

"Well, I'm from Diabolica and I've never heard anyone use the phrase 'wall people'."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no she's a mad doctor

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
After all this time, I still love how people look when running. It's just fantastic. :allears:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I absolutely love Samantha just being like, "it's an expression," stone cold no hesitation. Wonderful.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

cant cook creole bream posted:

The problem is that he assumes that one person isn't crazy.
Good call

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

3 out of 4 asylum directors in fiction are insane, so it wasn't a hard guess.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I dreamed I was in a Thorsby-esque farce last night, where I'd married two different dudes for their money and they met each other.

So I tried to do the "yelling over everyone to make them think the other person was talking about something else" thing.

It didn't work. I had to flee the country.

That was a psychic test and you failed.

Which of us will be next?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I still want to know wtf is going on at that asylum.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The birds keep getting more and more conspicuous.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I saw the twist of Samantha being an inmate happening weeks ago, now I just can't wait to see Thorsby's twist on it.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

They both have their eyes closed away from everyone else, so something improbable is about to happen.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Lyndon is the worst sleezeball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I used to think Lyndon was a good dude. But now I'm starting to think he might be kind of a skeeze!