Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Lol if you think I'm ever buying crowns. I have 500 left over from when I started the game and I'm not sure what to use them for. I initially thought some body paint or tattoos in case I made a new character but then I noticed there's also a nice selection for free in the base game so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Ah yes but if you subscribe to The Craft Bag you get a monthly bag of crowns as a bonus

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Ah yes but if you subscribe to The Craft Bag you get a monthly bag of crowns as a bonus

Next month I'll be able to afford my first assistant! :dance:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Is this a joke about subscribing to eso+? Or is there a separate craft bag you can subscribe to that pays for itself?

I don't nearly play games enough to justify monthly costs for them

EDIT: I actually probably do, but not MMO games :v:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
If you subscribe you get access to the craft bag, which is an absolute godsend for inventory space as it automatically vacuums up all crafting materials you pick up into it's bottomless expanse. As for paying for itself, you essentially get your sub cost back in crowns every month.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I see. I keep most of my crafting stuff at the bank and my inventory is like 20/80 full at all times, so it's not like I need it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

What I'm hearing is basically "why should I pay real money for a second shoe when it's so easy to hop on one foot?"

To which I say "poo poo, man, if it works for you, who am I to argue?"

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Deltasquid posted:

Account is Deltasquid. I play on the EU server if that matters. I have literally 0 experience with guilds, are there any do's and don'ts?

Super, thanks for the info. I'll have a look at doing a delve tonight.

I can get you into the guild on EU side. haven't been online much lately but when I do log on, I'll hook you up.

bear in mind there never was much traffic in the EU guild at the best of times but if you still want in, that's cool.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Feel free to add me, I suppose. I don't know what benefits that gives me but if there's any goons online I'd team up with them!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Most of the Goon presence is on NA, even the ones from EU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I've been puttering around and this is fun, let's be guildies and we can all enjoy the Black Coffee recipe I got in Coldharbour. Which is an appropriate place to find coffee recipes!

@delytronic

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah the logic about subbing is you basically get crowns for the same price as buying them outright, so you can buy the DLC you already have access to so when you decide to unsub you don't lose any content.

On top of it you get faster leveling (not that significantly but appreciated), extra bank space and the craft bag.

Plus you get a surplus of crowns at times so you can drop stupid cash on a fully furnished Telvanni tower.

Goatness
Dec 2, 2005
Still hoping to get a guild invite @Aranolbor on NA, thanks.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Goatness posted:

Still hoping to get a guild invite @Aranolbor on NA, thanks.

Fake Ara number two, I see.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I just bought Morrowind after having not playing in like 2 years. Starting a new Warden on EP.

I'll take a guild invite please @Kaddish77

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Whoever had that Daggerfall branch of the guild, can I get an invite?

@overemotionalrobot

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Does this game still have a hard NA/EU split, as in no using characters from one side on the other one? I realize I could log in to check, but it's like a 60 gb download.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yes

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I love the new thread title, and also a huge thank you to Aramek for making me that lvl 50 CP 10 gear. Holy poo poo, the weapon damage and crit are amazing on my dk dual-wielder

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
On that note, I'm a huge crafting sperg on my main. All crafting professions maxed, all gear traits researched. Shoot @SABeefeater a mail if you need anything. :)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Fake Ara number two, I see.

It's obviously the best prefix to a name :)

Currently at 175 CP and almost able to craft myself all the sets for light armor anyway - then I'll research heavy and medium.

Is there any recommendation for what off-set to go to until I get the non-craftable ones? I'm guessing Julianos, Seducer, Magnus with Divines, as a primary enchant works best for the apprentice stone? I'm magblade for reference.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Julianos has kinda become a staple for magicka DPS builds, so you can't really go wrong there. As for the mundus stone, you could go with either the Apprentice or the Lover. Penetration (Lover stone) I've found gives the best DPS increase in a non-optimized group for stamina builds, but I haven't played with it much for magicka setups.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Hello, I need a guild reinvent please @dredd70
I havn't played for a while and just got morrow indicates and threw 3 months on so I had crowns to race change.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Hehehe the Lover gives you Penetration

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
And the Lady gives resistance. :q:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Beefeater posted:

Julianos has kinda become a staple for magicka DPS builds, so you can't really go wrong there. As for the mundus stone, you could go with either the Apprentice or the Lover. Penetration (Lover stone) I've found gives the best DPS increase in a non-optimized group for stamina builds, but I haven't played with it much for magicka setups.

Thanks!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

DoriDori240 posted:

:siren: Incoming wall-o-text about spergy poo poo :siren:

Ok, Megaserver crashed so here is my Magicka Nightblade stuff.

I have mained mNB since console launch in June of 2015, switched to PC in December. I love the class, and while I do play others, it is always the one I gravitate back to. I have seen a lot of posts or messages in goon chat about how squishy their magblade is or how it isn't doing much damage, and I am baffled. What follows are my opinions and ideas of the class. I have had many flawless conqueror runs and done every vet trial with a magicka nightblade. They are, in my opinion, the easiest class to clear VMA on for a first timer (easier than sorcs, yes).

The way I play mNB is as a ranged caster class first and foremost. The tempo and mobility that comes with using dual destruction staves is super fun as you can afford to be aggressive in nearly any encounter due to the constant heals and the ability to make a "nightblade house" in PVE should not be dismissed.

I have seen builds that use S&B or DW. If you are using dual wield on a PVE magicka nightblade, you are missing out on what makes the class. S&B is cool beans for a sap tank, but should not be part of your DPS kit.

Racial choices are, as always, up to you, but most optimal are: Dunmer, Altmer, Breton, and Argonian, with Imperial making an edge case. My main is a Breton, mostly from personal preference, but my highest vMA score was on a Dark Elf. Breton has a lot of tankiness, max mag, and cost reduction, Altmer has the same max mag but more regen. You won't spec into regen on a magblade anyways, and High Elves are gross. Lizards are pretty cool for a sap tank, but you'll have to talk to Scyantific about sap tanking as he is one of the better ones I have seen.

Leveling (PVE Focus):

If this is your first toon (i.e. you have no CP) then follow normal leveling guides, have us goon friends make a set of Seducer and 3 Magnus, and go to town. Make sure you have your three class skills and buy a destro ability with your first spare point. Level all of your class abilities as you go, yes, sure thats fine.

In the beginning you want Strife (Morph this to Swallow Soul as soon as you can), Assassins Blade (Morph this to Impale), and good ole Veiled Strike (get this to level 4, but don't worry about morphing it, least not yet). By the time these are morphable, you will be at Destruction Staff level 4 at minimum. Purchase Wall of Elements as your first non class ability. As you continue to level, purchase cloak and leave it on your bar (a handy escape for you). As you now have 2 shadow abilities slotted, you well get that skill line to 12 before the other two. Level 12 of course means time to buy your first ultimate. We want to get consuming darkness (which, eventually, we will morph into Veil of Blades). This ulti gives us major protection, and a 70% snare to all enemies who enter it. The downside is it is expensive as gently caress (200 Ultimate). Ok, you should now drop veiled strike, and toss on Agony (2nd Siphoning ability). This is a ranged immobilazation that honestly is not a good skill, but one that does help us level Siphoning. By the time we get to unlock bar swap (level 15) you should be level 20 in both Siphoning and Shadow, where we unlock two essential abilites: Path Of Darkness (Shadow) and Cripple (Siphoning). Path (which has two good morphs, we will want Refreshing Path to start) is a conal ground AOE that gives us major expedition while we are in its area of effect and for a couple seconds once we leave it. Cripple is a 28m ranged dot with a snare, and also gives you major expedition (which does not stack with Path, but is still a great bonus considering it's impressive range. Eventually you will morph this into Crippling Grasp which is one of the best DOTS in the game. With bar swap now possible, go ahead and slot a resto and start leveling that up until you get it to 20 and can buy ward with it. We eventually will not use a resto at all outside of PVP. On the resto bar, we will toss on another ultimate (Death Stroke) from the assassination line and start loading up on assassination abilites. When you go to turn in a quest, make sure you are on this back bar when you do it, it will power up the Assassination skill tree (And the resto tree just by having a resto slotted) which by now will be lagging behind the other two. You also should slot Annulment (from the light armor skill line) on this bar to get it leveled, and also slot Mage Light here to get it leveled to Inner Light. Other three abilities will be Assassination (Double Bar Impale here, along with Teleport strike and, eventually, Blur (Which is a cool skill by itself, and I reccomend the Double Take morph). On our front bar, it should look something like Swallow>Impale>Refreshing Path>Elemental Blockade>Crippling Grasp> Ulti will be Soul Shred (which gets morphed to Soul Teather (again, we are now leveling Siphoning nicely with 3 abilities on our front bar, and 3 Assasination slots on our back bar. Our goals now are to get to Siphoning 30 (Unlocks Siphoning Strikes, which we will morph to Siphoning Attacks) and Siphoning 42 which unlocks Drain Power (Which we will morph to Sap Essence). These are both hallmark Magicka Nightblade abilites. You also are looking for Assassination 42, which unlocks one of the coolest abilites in the game, and is our true burst ability. Unmorphed is is Grim Focus. We will morph this to Merciless Resolve. This ability grants us minor Beserk for 20 seconds (8% more damage done) and, upon loosing 4 light attacks within that 20 seconds, activates Assassin's Will, which allows you to fire a spectral bow that does insane damage (I have had this hit for 50K plus in trials with full raid buffs). Once these are unlocked and leveled, you should be about to 50. Make sure you buy all class passives, armor passives (light first) and racial passives. Get mages guild leveled so we can call meteors down upon our foes.

Ok, so what I run for open world PVE, 4 man dungeons, VMA, and even trials stays pretty much the same, but I will flex things out as needed:

Gear: >300CP - Law of Julianos (heavy chest and legs, other three light) Seducer helm, shoulder. All Divines. Weapons are front bar sharpened inferno, back bar sharpened lighting. Willpower Jewelry. A cheap alternative is Destruction Mastery instead of the Willpower and Seducer (3 Jewelry, 2 body) and random sharpened staves. Willpower is much cheaper than it used to be, but you can get all 5 Destruction Mastery pcs for the cost of one Arcane Willpower ring. Another alternative is that if you manage to snag a divines monster shoulder or helm, and it gives you max mag, you can run that as a 1 pc, and then run 2 pc Seducer, or make Julianos staves if running the Destruction Mastery kit.

Gear: <300CP - Here you can continue to use Julianos (I still prefer it for VMA) but for trials, veteran dungeons, solo world bosses, you want Burning Spellweave. This set comes out of City of Ash, and you can farm the body pieces on normal mode from CoA1 with ease (But make sure you farm all Divines). This set simply outperforms every other Magicka DPS set in the game (for all 4 classes). You also can consider running Scathing Mage (which comes from Imperial City Prison). This will require you to remorph refreshing path into Twisting Path, as it is the only thing that reliably procs Scathing to have the uptime needed to make it competitive. (I have ran Scathing in trials and dungeons with healer support and it is pretty powerful). That said, we will be able to maintain a pretty good uptime on BSW with inferno staff attacks and elemental blockade, as well as procs from one of the three monster sets we should look at running (See below). Jewelry you are fine to continue using Willpower until you get into regular normal trials groups and start collecting Infallible Aether and Moondancer jewelry, either of which will work fine (Moondancer being a favorite due to the max magicka vs spell critical). Either set grants you minor slayer, which increases damage done to all dungeon and trial enemies by 5 percent.

Undaunted Monster Sets:
Grothdarr (Vaults of Madness): I use this in VMA and 4 person dungeons. Lots of AOE damage, also procs BSW
Valkyn Skoria (City of Ash II): Ranged meteor projectile, does good single target and AOE damage. Procs BSW.
Illambris: Very good single target and smaller AOE range, BIS for sorcs. I have never liked it on mNB as it is harder to proc, Others like it just fine. YMMV

Used to be cool: Nerien'eth. This set was BIS for magicka nightblades up until 1 Tamriel, and something I used to great effect in all PVE enviroments. The fact that it (along with all monster sets) cannot crit and the fact that it does nothing to proc BSW means it is relatively obsolete. It still does upwards of 8K damage on a proc, however, so you can run Julianos and this to good effect still until you can get one of the above sets.

Mundus Stone: The Thief. Always the Thief, and never not the Thief. Anyone who tells you to run some other trashy mundus should be cast out of your house. Crit is king, and nightblades are the overlords of crit.

Food: Bi-Stat Health/Mag Food (Blue)

Potions: I used trash magicka pots that drop in the environment for most things. For srs business vet trials or vMA score runs, I run spellpower/crit/mag tripots.

Skill Bars (Dungeons and VMA):

Front Bar (Sharpened Inferno)
Swallow Soul>Impale>Elemental Blockade>Inner Light>Crippling Grasp>Ulti Shooting Star (Single Target Bossfights, Elemental Rage (Destro Ulti) for AOE trash fights

Back Bar (Sharpened Lightning)
Refreshing Path>Merciless Resolve>Sap Essence>Harness Magicka>Siphoning Attacks> Ulti Soul Harvest (for ulti gen).

I will remorph refreshing path to Twisting Path for vet trials as it does do considerably more damage and there is raid level healer support. Also I will drop Swallow Soul for Force Pulse (does more damage) Same goes for Siphoning Attacks, as ele drain and orbs keeps us topped off nicely, I will flex in destructive reach in it's place (or any other destro ability) to unlock the Ancient Knowledge passive which increases our AOE damage by 8 percent. I have messed around with dropping siphoning all together and using ele drain in it's place, but Siphoning restores stamina AND can proc off of all damage. Ele just gives you magicka back from that one afflicted target. With SA up, you can rip off a heavy lighting attack and your mana bar just starts filling up in AOE situations.

Rotation:
Potion (before you initiate the fight) heavy attack>Merciless>la>refreshing>barswap cancel>blockade>la>cripple>la>SS/forcepulse>la>ss/forcepulse>barswap>fire bow proc, restart rotation. refresh SA as needed. ST boss fights drop shooting star when it is up, etc etc.

VMA: So, in VMA you want to be on full offense, as a defensive posture magicka nightblade is a dead one in there. The nice thing is you have a shield (Harness Magicka, which also gives you magic back when you take elemental or magical damage), and you can lay down refreshing path and then harness, and DPS away. You have so much incoming healing from path and swallow soul, not to mention an effective "burst heal" when there are multiple adds around with Sap Essence, that you are very very difficult to kill. As always, VMA requires that you have good threat assesment and know which adds to prioritize first, but you should have no problem at all with the boss rounds (including rounds 5, 7, and 9). Use the sigils at first, and keep running it. You WILL clear it using a magblade, because they offer a smooth trouble free experience in this lovely lovely arena. And once you are done, you can enjoy the cool title (unless you are in PVP and people focus you), ugly polymorph of an rear end in a top hat you'd likely care never to see again, and a weapon with likely a lovely trait.

GOOD TIMES.

I am leaving stuff out here, I am sure, but pease feel free to message me in game with questions, or if you want leveling help, gear, or w/e. I have also healed extensively on a magblade, so let me know if there is any interest in that or builds for PVP.

I'm trying out magblade, is there anything from this post that has changed dramatically or is this still reliable? Also thanks for this Dori.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Also is there someone who can craft me some armor for a low level magblade? Maybe the Seducer/Magnus combo Dori suggested. Aramek generously game me some on my first character but I don't want to ask for more. I can pay and/or provide at least most materials (I don't know what it requires).

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

would like to put in for a guild invite please @kiryen_thunderbow

Gavinvin
Jan 3, 2013

Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.
I am also looking for an invite to NA guild. In game name is the same as SA.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

Also is there someone who can craft me some armor for a low level magblade? Maybe the Seducer/Magnus combo Dori suggested. Aramek generously game me some on my first character but I don't want to ask for more. I can pay and/or provide at least most materials (I don't know what it requires).

Fun fact, if there's any chance you kept it in your bank, it'll work. "Bound" equipment in this game is bound to account, so it all can be hand-me-downs!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Aramek posted:

Fun fact, if there's any chance you kept it in your bank, it'll work. "Bound" equipment in this game is bound to account, so it all can be hand-me-downs!

FUUUUUUUUUCK loving gently caress hell poo poo drat. I mean, I guess that’s cool but I feel like an rear end now.

On an unrelated note I changed my user id to @Stinkhorn from @IsAboutToDie in case that matters for whatever reason.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I have this game and might make a new character to relearn everything. Anyone rolling around at a low level as well? European TZ, so pretty close to GMT.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

I have this game and might make a new character to relearn everything. Anyone rolling around at a low level as well? European TZ, so pretty close to GMT.

As long as you play on the NA server, you're golden.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I'm playing an Argonian Stamina-Warden and right now I'm wandering around leveling up and just kinda doing a little bit of everything (damage, tanking, healing) which is cool, but what are my build options when it comes time to hit level 50 and start actually specializing? I got Werewolf on a whim if that makes any difference. I also have been rolling with a buddy of mine who wants to make a magicka-nightblade tank like is mentioned in the OP, so I'll probably end up doing some healing for them which is why I thought warden looked cool

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So I had this game from Beta, but never really got into it. Now dabbling into it with my wife, and yeah I like it a bunch.

My biggest gripe is the lack of a ”master party boss” or anything to keep the journal synced. Having all four people furiously calculating to keep quests on the same page is just a huge pain. Why can’t we set a single dude to lead and he ticks everything off, and no one else has to copy the same steps, lest they see a different world. On The EBonheart Fort Virek or whatever near Skyrim’s areas, one party member accidentally stepped back out of the fort and was banished to a shadowrealm full of zombies in the same space where everyone was cozily enjoying sunlight and milling about, and there was no way to help the unfortunate one either until they stepped out.

That similar issue manifests constantly for a casual group who just wants to play together.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YellerBill posted:

I'm playing an Argonian Stamina-Warden and right now I'm wandering around leveling up and just kinda doing a little bit of everything (damage, tanking, healing) which is cool, but what are my build options when it comes time to hit level 50 and start actually specializing? I got Werewolf on a whim if that makes any difference. I also have been rolling with a buddy of mine who wants to make a magicka-nightblade tank like is mentioned in the OP, so I'll probably end up doing some healing for them which is why I thought warden looked cool
You can respec anything but your race and class whenever, as long as you have the gold. Argonians aren't going to be the best at Stamina because they won't have the sustain, but they make great magicka tanks and healers, both of which Warden can do. You might have an easier time leveling as a magicka DPS but honestly sustain isn't a big deal until you start doing higher-level stuff. Just stick with DPS til you hit at least Champion 160, it makes leveling a lot less tedious.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Why is there no ESO group on steam? Or did I miss it...

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the UESP site has an absolutely excellent character builder.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/UESPWiki:EsoBuildEditor

It allows you to tweak everything from CP, attributes and buffs right down to your worn gear. If you have an account there you can also save any builds you make. Additionally, you can download their add-on and export your in-game character data to the site, allowing you to gently caress with your current build. It's fantastic for theorycrafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styxscout
May 13, 2011

I predict a Riot
Joined the Guild, thanks for the Invite.

I made my Earthtear Cavern available to the Guild.

It has:

All Crafting Stations (Clockwork, Transmute, Dye Station etc.
Both Clockwork Target Dummies
Bank / Vendor by stations
Every Mundus Stone

To get there just right click @Gicer76 in the Guild page and travel to Primary Residence. Can do it from anywhere with no cost.