Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I’d like to see the dash cam video from where joe “merged in front of” the Mazda driver. Pretty sure that would explain a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

KozmoNaut posted:

Rule #1 when dealing with tailgaters, brake checkers and road ragers: DON'T PLAY THEIR GAME.

Don't try to overtake. Stay in your lane, keep your distance and keep him in front of you. Drive nicely and normally. Never get out of your car, unless police is present.

Don't. Be. An. Idiot.

You were both gigantic idiots. Him for starting it over a minor traffic thing, you for continuing to escalate it. You seriously looked like you were trying to race him, further angering him. You let yourself get pulled in, don't do it again.

There is no excuse.

Yeah I had something similar happen to me in Chicago, with the guy repeatedly going up to 60 and then dropping to zero, and when I took my exit he stayed in front of me and waved me up along side him. Which I didn't do because I figured at that point that the two guys in the car were either cops or criminals to be so flagrantly out of control and either way I didn't want to get gunned down, so I just waited patiently behind them until they left.

also:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1592050/Cyclist-extreme-road-rage-unseats-biker-throwing-fireworks.html

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 13, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Domestic Amuse posted:

Take this footage to the CHP and the TSA. And field it to the local news outlets for good measure.

Love seeing goons do the one thing they're best at doing: dogpiling on other goons.

With that said, it's never a good idea to escalate a road rage situation. Deescalation is the best policy, but some people are too far off the deep end of angry to take a hint.

Why?

The video shows both parties acting like aggressive shitheels but no damage was done- are you suggesting running to this guy's employer/news/police shouting "HE HURT MY FEELINGS!!!" And showing them a video of both parties driving dangerously and arguably breaking traffic laws?

My suggestion is to delete this video from YouTube and stop posting about threatening the lives of other commuters no matter how right or wrong you might be.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

That looks super staged though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bolind posted:

That looks super staged though.

I want to believe

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Why?

The video shows both parties acting like aggressive shitheels but no damage was done- are you suggesting running to this guy's employer/news/police shouting "HE HURT MY FEELINGS!!!" And showing them a video of both parties driving dangerously and arguably breaking traffic laws?

My suggestion is to delete this video from YouTube and stop posting about threatening the lives of other commuters no matter how right or wrong you might be.

Uh, the guy trying to run him off the road on a highway in traffic deserves all the legal pain possible especially since he's a government employee in that probably works directly with the public in a position of authority and was in uniform.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The call is coming from inside the house!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jymmybob posted:

Uh, the guy trying to run him off the road on a highway in traffic deserves all the legal pain possible especially since he's a government employee in that probably works directly with the public in a position of authority and was in uniform.

The dashcam car broke several laws in the clip too. Let's give him some legal pain too!

The only innocents are the people who had the misfortune to share that patch of road with a couple of raging idiots let their temper put everyone in danger.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I’d like to see the dash cam video from where joe “merged in front of” the Mazda driver. Pretty sure that would explain a lot.

This is where I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt, having encountered so many irrational people on the road myself. Just this week I had some left lane hog rage the gently caress out at me for six miles because I passed her and changed lanes back, four plus car lengths ahead, and just last night I witnessed someone put themselves in a ditch because I pulled to the left to see if anything was going on ahead that was making him do 5 MPH in admitted lovely - but not so lovely as to justify that speed - weather.

Some people generate conflict scenarios from absolutely nothing at all.

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
I didn't include that clip because I traveled at a high rate of speed to ditch him as he was getting very close behind me and figured that would be that. That's why I had already pulled over to the right and was getting ready to take my exit when he got in front of me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You're not on the right side of this joe so I suggest you drop it and let the fact that you acted like a complete fuckwit fade away versus coming back and begging for piss while stuck at the bottom of your self-constructed well.

The bad drivers (and people) are inside the thread.

And yes, I have been at the the wrong end of a gun, and in real stressful life-or-death- scenarios, quite recently. Even if I hadn't, though, your excuses earlier are nothing more than ad hominem attacks at others and false comparisons. So gently caress yourself off from this argument at a high rate of speed, pull to the right, and please make your exit before you start threatening to kill us with your gopro for internet points.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Dick Dicer's Autoerotic Transaxle Emporium › These are the posters you share a thread with

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I'm sorry, there is a 1 robbery minimum to be credible enough to post on the internet. You'll have to try again later.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

The dashcam car broke several laws in the clip too. Let's give him some legal pain too!

The only innocents are the people who had the misfortune to share that patch of road with a couple of raging idiots let their temper put everyone in danger.

I purposely left him out because it doesn't affect how bad the TSA guy messed up and I don't want to get involved in that slapfight. The guy working in public safety directly putting the public in danger is a pretty clear problem and probably deserves to lose his job. Personally I'd love to see him lose his licence for life because holy poo poo how brokebrain do you have to be to ever do something like that and road ragers are subhuman scum.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jymmybob posted:

I purposely left him out because it doesn't affect how bad the TSA guy messed up and I don't want to get involved in that slapfight. The guy working in public safety directly putting the public in danger is a pretty clear problem and probably deserves to lose his job. Personally I'd love to see him lose his licence for life because holy poo poo how brokebrain do you have to be to ever do something like that and road ragers are subhuman scum.

Nah, no one deserves a harsher punishment just because they're in a uniform. They don't deserve leniency either, both drivers should be ticketed and fined heavily.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Nah, no one deserves a harsher punishment just because they're in a uniform. They don't deserve leniency either, both drivers should be ticketed and fined heavily.

I'm not talking legal punishment though, just his job. I have a bunch of employees and if they were in this video with their work uniform I wouldn't care because I'm not selling public safety. Also I'm not sure you could have a clearer case of proof that that guy should not be in a position of authority than when a TSA officer directly attacks someone while endangering multiple other innocent people. It's just like when a PR person tweets out something racist, gets fired and you say "Well they were pretty bad at public relations."

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Dude I work with belongs in this thread. I probably posted about him last time I rode along on a delivery trip but I'm doing another one because Jesus Christ.

Dude is morally against cruise control, apparently, so we're constantly oscillating between 10 over and 10 under at the whims of his leg muscles, which nicely matches our lateral motion as he drifts across the lane markers. The wheels on one side will be fully in the next lane or on the shoulder before he notices, then jerks the wheel back and starts drifting the other way until 20 seconds later he does the same thing into the other lane, repeat forever. If I was somewhere I could text 911 I'd report him just to get him spanked so maybe he'd cut the poo poo. He's not drunk or sleep deprived, he's just utterly incompetent at operating a vehicle. I don't get it.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLi8aFZt_ag

Bald as gently caress tires on the dash cam car?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Came to see if this incident made it here. Driver must have been giving it the beans going down French St, median acted like a ramp. Those drat Duke boys did it again.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

iospace posted:

I have questions.

http://abc7.com/traffic/2-injured-in-bizarre-santa-ana-car-crash/2943129/

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Altimas are to Southern California like Lada Riva classics are to Russian dashcam videos. That's where the action will be.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Bogatyr posted:

Altimas are to Southern California like Lada Riva classics are to Russian dashcam videos. That's where the action will be.

I've never thought about it that way, but, yes.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"WHY DID YOU TURN?"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's a little-known fact that Boeings have to return to the sea to spawn.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

It's a little-known fact that Boeings have to return to the sea to spawn.

That is actually only the start of the arduous process, as they then have to travel upriver

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

jamal posted:

That is actually only the start of the arduous process, as they then have to travel upriver

Unlike their Airbus ancestors, Boeing young do not start their life in a larval state, instead they come into the world as fully-formed miniatures of their eventual adult forms.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

While they have no natural predators when fully grown, the majestic Boeing can still fall victim to poaching, with unscrupulous hunters killing the beasts for trophies like noses and fins while leaving the bulk of the carcass untouched.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/KHOLMESlive/status/952721202270711809

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

...killing the beasts for trophies like noses and fins while leaving the bulk of the carcass untouched.

Believe me, they took a hell of a lot more off the carcass of that one than just the nose and tail. The only reason they didn’t take the body too is they got a good deal on a -600 fuselage instead that fit in the building better!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Freebie and the Bean remake?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

While they have no natural predators when fully grown, the majestic Boeing can still fall victim to poaching, with unscrupulous hunters killing the beasts for trophies like noses and fins while leaving the bulk of the carcass untouched.

I think I'm going to be sick

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Saw some doofus drive through one of those slanted parking spots to park in the other row. What's the deal? All those lanes are one way, so you'll have a bitch of a time getting out going forward (and good luck turning around) and you'll be going the wrong way for the entire length of the lot even if you do manage it. Failure of planning or far too clever for me to get it?

Also, like the planes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo like 3 seconds later and that car would have smashed against that bus.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

sleepy.eyes posted:

Saw some doofus drive through one of those slanted parking spots to park in the other row. What's the deal? All those lanes are one way, so you'll have a bitch of a time getting out going forward (and good luck turning around) and you'll be going the wrong way for the entire length of the lot even if you do manage it. Failure of planning or far too clever for me to get it?

Also, like the planes.
I see poo poo like that all the time. I think the only thing going through their mind is "don't want to reverse out". They don't think about angle parking issue at all, or even in regular parking they're hosed if they want to load stuff in the boot/trunk/hatch and they can't because someone parked in behind them. It's just the lizard pea brain thought "I don't want to reverse out and will face all consequences with anger later because I planned wrong" overrides everything.

Same people that hang out in our right lane of freeways being roadblocks. The "I don't want to merge with traffic" gets to an eventual "oh gently caress I can't get to the correct lane/exit now" because they held up traffic and now everything is bumper to bumper around their precious sensibilities

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 15, 2018

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Stunt Jump Failed

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

sleepy.eyes posted:

Failure of planning or far too clever for me to get it?

Neither, probably. Too stupid to pay attention to the fact that the rows are all one-way traffic, and too stupid to think about it.

Malls are a great place to watch people you share a road with, though. Suburban moms get really mad when they wait for you to leave your parking spot, but instead, you sit and gently caress around on your phone for a few minutes. I'm probably a bad person but that is some good schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

I hope that bus had a dash cam.