Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I’d argue he wouldn’t make Liverpool any better because they don’t need more goals they need less conceding of goals.

On the other hand we used to have four really good attackers which allowed some rotation and now we only have three, so adding Sanchez to replace Coutinho would help the squad remain consistent over the course of a full season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We can take him as a cheap Bobby Firmino backup.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Chile out of the World Cup is probably good for Sanchez’s prospective club performance, too. he’s played a ridiculous number of games in the past three years due to international fixtures.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's also isn't cup-tied in the Champions League or FA Cup this season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shrapnig posted:

He's also isn't cup-tied in the Champions League or FA Cup this season.

Doesn't the UEFA Cup cup tie him for the champions league?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I’m fully sick of Alexis Sanchez and would at this point love to see him leave and have any other attacking player to root for if Arsenal can manage a single inbound successful transfer. The Manchester teams have infinite war chests it seems like and are in an unreasonable pissing match to get him because of injuries to their other forwards. Every other major team in Europe is rightfully balking at his ludicrous wage demands based on his age and recent performances.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Doesn't the UEFA Cup cup tie him for the champions league?

Nope.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/904649/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Alexis-Sanchez-Arsenal-Champions-League

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The Sanchez revisionism before he gets sold is silly. He scored more goals then Costa in the same period and was frequently our brightest spark in games. Until this season he was almost universally the hardest working player on the pitch and frankly I think he's just got fed up that we're so poo poo. All the best to him on what probably his final big payday tbqh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich have signed Spurs midfielder "Marcus Edwards" on loan. Pointless move tbh we aren't going up or down this season so why bother with loan signings

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

arda turan is going to some poo poo turkish club to die, what a bad transfer he was

actually Medipol Başakşehi are a cool and good club with legends such as Adebayor, Elia, Clichy and and Inler and are currently in 1st place

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/952974297643044865

That'd be nice.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I’m getting mildly excited about this and it’s annoying me.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Arsenal are not signing Aubameyang

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why would he go to arsenal lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jose posted:

So he can sulk and miss training in London instead of Dortmund?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Have Arsenal actually been linked, even in passing, with anyone that could possibly be considered a midfielder?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Have Arsenal actually been linked, even in passing, with anyone that could possibly be considered a midfielder?

Santi Cazorla’s rise from the grave

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

cazorla will be back soon with a peg leg like a new signing

edit: what the!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Why can't we just sell Alexis outright to Man Utd, even though it's loving stupid, it's still the only club willing to pay our asking price.

Buy Auba, Malcom and tempt Leicester into selling Mahrez. Tie down Ozil who will be sporting a chubby when he knows how many assists he'll get next season.

We're selling Walcott. Coq is gone. So the money is definitely there to buy + wages and we'll be a lot stronger than we are currently.

Then we go for a EL trophy, get guaranteed CL, and look at a GK & DM in the summer.

OK, it sounds very Football Manager-y, but we have to do something or we'll be lucky to get top 10, let alone top 6 or 4.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

Why can't we just sell Alexis outright to Man Utd, even though it's loving stupid, it's still the only club willing to pay our asking price.

Buy Auba, Malcom and tempt Leicester into selling Mahrez. Tie down Ozil who will be sporting a chubby when he knows how many assists he'll get next season.

We're selling Walcott. Coq is gone. So the money is definitely there to buy + wages and we'll be a lot stronger than we are currently.

Then we go for a EL trophy, get guaranteed CL, and look at a GK & DM in the summer.

OK, it sounds very Football Manager-y, but we have to do something or we'll be lucky to get top 10, let alone top 6 or 4.

This is pure fantasy

Auba won’t go to a club in the EL who just sold their best player

Also why would arsenal want another striker when they just paid a fuckton for lacazette and have much larger issues

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This is pure fantasy

It is.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Arsenal could have the best front three in the world and they'd still struggle to win games with Xhaka in midfield

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mr Snips posted:

Arsenal could have the best front three in the world and they'd still struggle to win games with Xhaka in midfield

Liverpool do alright.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Looks like United have him. 350k/week is pretty much bananas.
https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/953009370379554816

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is pure fantasy

Auba won’t go to a club in the EL who just sold their best player

Also why would arsenal want another striker when they just paid a fuckton for lacazette and have much larger issues

Two good strikers isn’t a bad plan when you’re struggling to score goals. Midfield is a car crash of course.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Because Arsene always buys attacking players when his team is 'under performing/dog poo poo'

Diva Cupcake posted:

Looks like United have him. 350k/week is pretty much bananas.

The 350k per week is what sunk his deal with Bayern in the offseason I believe as well.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mr Snips posted:

Yeah, the midfield is an absolute mess. None of their current midfielders seem suited to playing in a two man midfield, and it is A Problem.

Because Arsene always buys attacking players when his team is 'under performing/dog poo poo'

His move is always to buy another attacking player whenever the team is in trouble. He's been complaining about Arsenal not being "dangerous," too.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Yeah, the midfield is an absolute mess. None of their current midfielders seem suited to playing in a two man midfield, and it is A Problem.

Arsene hasn't had this since Vieira/Petit or Vieira/Gilberto and the list of players that can function well in a 2 man midfield is exceptionally short.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
So Alexis to Chelski is a thing now?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/952854444739317761

Get the GoFundMe running again

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Weaponized Cum posted:

according to manchester city

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

It wouldn't be silly season without a Ronaldo to United rumour

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Weaponized Cum posted:

Apparently the Chelsea link came from City, who "believe" that Chelsea are interested, which is lol

I think it's Sanchezter United

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
£350K/week seems like a lot, even for him. Still, manu basically have all the money so who cares, he'll definitely help them.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Salary-wise, they've traded Rooney for Sanchez. Sounds like a good upgrade for this cash-strapped feeder club and their safety-first manager!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Aubamayang has supposedly put in a transfer request

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aubamayang has supposedly put in a transfer request

To Klopp haha

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea are using Sanchez as a smokescreen for the pursuit of Andrew Carrol.

He’s going to be popping boners when he scores in Blue.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I can't believe Carroll is 29. What a waste his career was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ungratek posted:

I can't believe Carroll is 29. What a waste his career was

It has to be one of the funniest of all time, though.

• Locked thread