Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when stroll or verstappen are in position to fight for the wdc just cancel the loving sport.

honestly what are we doing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The best tobacco livery was the BAR Lucky Strike cars.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Vettel is the successor to Nelson Piquet's fraudulent multiple WDCs.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

until he wins the title for Scuderia Ferrari heart of formula 1

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

I dont even know where to start with this. You're so loving wrong that it's depressing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Vettel is never going to win the WDC at Ferrari. He's actually poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

When Gimmick Posting Goes Too Far

1500quidporsche posted:

I dont even know where to start with this. You're so loving wrong that it's depressing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if scuderia ferrari wins the wdc and or the wcc ban every anti ferrari poster in this thread :toxx:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Piquet is one of the GOATs, Vettel is some schmuck who jumped into a Newey car and is no better than Damon Hill.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
3M is taking Liberty to task because lmao I'll just post the two logos and I'll let you guys figure out which is which.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

3M is taking Liberty to task because lmao I'll just post the two logos and I'll let you guys figure out which is which.

Why are you shopping for orthopedic wear?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They wee good, but wasnt John player tabacco?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Why are you shopping for orthopedic wear?

quote:

An “F” in the same style has been used by 3M for the past year as the logo of its Futuro brand of compression tights for airline passengers.

A 3M spokesman said: “3M filed a US trademark application for the Futuro logo on Feb 20 2017. Also, we have not had any discussions about the logo with the other party. We are looking into this matter further.”

The filing gives 3M precedence as F1 didn’t lodge the application for its new logo until November and EU authorities are still deciding whether to register it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This post is a ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Which half?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tight women

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That early 2000s was good in general. B&H Jordan, Luckies BAR and Mild Seven Renault

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The 555 BAR from 1999 looked amazing and the Lucky Strike one was also nice, but of course FIA decided that we can't have anything cool so we ended up with the zipper livery instead.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The 3M case will be settled out of court and they'll happily take a few million and some publicity to rebrand some tights in the US.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Max will win a WDC before Stroll does.

Because Stroll is mediocre at best. And won't get much better. Maybe if Lawrence made him load his own kart after a loss he'd be up for the challenge.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CratSock posted:

Max will win a WDC before Stroll does.

Because Stroll is mediocre at best. And won't get much better. Maybe if Lawrence made him load his own kart after a loss he'd be up for the challenge.

Hot take: neither will win a WDC

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

The 3M case will be settled out of court and they'll happily take a few million and some publicity to rebrand some tights in the US.

Actually, Liberty will be deeply embarassed and one of their marketing executives-- probably the guy who gets literally triggered and mad cause there's metric units used in F1 and he doesn't know hat the gently caress a km/h is --will lose his job because of this hilariously pathetic gently caress up. The world will continue to look at America and laugh while Americans continue to bury their heads up their asses and shout about American Exceptionalism.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for big vape to pick up the slack in F1 sponsorship.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, Liberty will be deeply embarassed and one of their marketing executives-- probably the guy who gets literally triggered and mad cause there's metric units used in F1 and he doesn't know hat the gently caress a km/h is --will lose his job because of this hilariously pathetic gently caress up. The world will continue to look at America and laugh while Americans continue to bury their heads up their asses and shout about American Exceptionalism.

I'm guessing that marketing exec is a comedic invention, and doesn't get literally triggered at anything because he's fictional. If not: hilarious details please.

If anyone's taking a hit it'd be the design firm who didn't check if their design was already similar to a trademark in a major market. That being said, they may have done that checking prior to last February when the 3M design was trademarked.

Whether it's actually trademark infringing depends on what the 3M trademark covers. Liberty would probably be fine if they weren't selling clothing with F1 branding on it in the US.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

Hot take: neither will win a WDC

This is the most likely case. I didn't mention it because I thought it was also the most obvious, but I forgot about how delusional this thread is.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

I'm guessing that marketing exec is a comedic invention, and doesn't get literally triggered at anything because he's fictional. If not: hilarious details please.

If anyone's taking a hit it'd be the design firm who didn't check if their design was already similar to a trademark in a major market. That being said, they may have done that checking prior to last February when the 3M design was trademarked.

Whether it's actually trademark infringing depends on what the 3M trademark covers. Liberty would probably be fine if they weren't selling clothing with F1 branding on it in the US.

His name is Sean Bratches, the marketing guy in charge of all the streaming and poo poo and expanding the brand like crazy. One of the early interviews had him saying he'd get pissed at the onboard graphics being in km/h and couldn't understand it so was going to make a point of making sure mph was glorfied or whatever.

Here's a quote of his:

quote:

“We’ve aligned ourselves with a company that owns one of the strongest broadcast platforms in the marketplace, the strongest theme parks in the world, the number one movie studio,” says Bratches. “I’d like to see Lewis Hamilton driving up to the Oscars in his Formula One car, getting out and walking down the red carpet.” He adds: “I’m not kidding.”

https://www.ft.com/content/83da5d3a-c64b-11e7-b30e-a7c1c7c13aab

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

You heard it here first folks, it’s apparently a bad idea for the on-screen graphics to be tailored to each country in which F1 is aired. In fact, why is it even broadcast in English? Isn’t Mandarin the most popular language? F1 should only air in Mandarin Chinese.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can Americans not divide by 62 (60 if you're a lazy oval office)? It's real easy and the Brits have no issue with it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
If I was given a choice to stop the election of Donald Trump, purveyor of the coming nuclear hellpocalypse and destroyer of one of history's greatest nations and turning it into a laughing stock which will take decades to recover from, vs. Liberty purchasing F1 I'd pick the latter 100% of the time with zero hesitation.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Can Americans not divide by 62 (60 if you're a lazy oval office)? It's real easy and the Brits have no issue with it.

Why would you ever do this when it’s 2018 and we’ve had the technology to show both kmh and mph since literally all of us have existed?

This is honestly the dumbest poo poo anyone has ever complained about in this thread, ever.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

This is honestly the dumbest poo poo anyone has ever complained about in this thread, ever.

As a Canadian who grew up with American media and sports thrust on us with zero loving adaption the argument that countries need tailored feeds coming from an american is really loving rich. Lmbo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

As a Canadian who grew up with American media and sports thrust on us with zero loving adaption the argument that countries need tailored feeds coming from an american is really loving rich. Lmbo

Bad poo poo op

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

wicka posted:

Why would you ever do this when it’s 2018 and we’ve had the technology to show both kmh and mph since literally all of us have existed?

Because we've also had the technology to measure distance in a way that isn't dumb as all gently caress since all of us have existed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bryter posted:

Because we've also had the technology to measure distance in a way that isn't dumb as all gently caress since all of us have existed

Wow fascinating. If only technology that could instantly convert kph to mph and display it on screen in certain countries existed. Too bad it does not

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wow fascinating. If only technology that could instantly convert kph to mph and display it on screen in certain countries existed. Too bad it does not

just because you can do something doesn't mean you should

People who want to measure distance in the Bad Units should be punished with basic mental arithmetic

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ferrari should have bought Formula 1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari should have bought Formula 1

Agreed and the world feed should be in Italian

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bryter posted:

Lmfao

“It’s dumb to convert units; instead, convince 350 million people to change their ways.”

Honestly, gently caress off with this complaint.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Pretend I posted that, I think, Luca di Montezemolo quote when he was pushing to get B-teams introduced and how nobody gives a poo poo about some random gently caress off team getting 3rd next to a Ferrari 1-2 but people will love to see a Ferrari 1-2-3 podium lockout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Pretend I posted that, I think, Luca di Montezemolo quote when he was pushing to get B-teams introduced and how nobody gives a poo poo about some random gently caress off team getting 3rd next to a Ferrari 1-2 but people will love to see a Ferrari 1-2-3 podium lockout.

I would die of sheer pleasure if that happened.

• Locked thread