Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

pr0zac posted:

Thor doesn't have his hammer anymore.

Thor is 100% going to get a hammer again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some characters are a bit more creative in getting around established limitations

https://i.imgur.com/PzUxHYd.mp4

lmbo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Parrotine posted:

I bet you liked Jar Jar too

I didn't find him nearly as offensive as most people did

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

I was there, in theatres.

Same :smith:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senjuro posted:

40k does it because if you have AI then you have to wonder why a slow, squishy human would ever step onto a battlefield again and then you can't have bloody, grimdark battles anymore.

No, they did it because Dune did it. So much of 40k was lifted from Dune, dude. I mean, come on, the Navigators?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I watched the podracing scene on a huge screen in a stadium style theater as a child and was entranced. I still think its good.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Funny. Pictures.

Funny. loving. Pictures.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, they did it because Dune did it. So much of 40k was lifted from Dune, dude. I mean, come on, the Navigators?

Doesn't mean they didn't have their own reason for banning AI in their universe. You can't have all sorts of cool miniatures if all battles are conducted by AI drone swarms.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Noyce.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

RareAcumen posted:

Why don't they just crush them while they're rolling up?

A page ago, but that flock of sheep didn't even belong to the dog's owner. It just found a flock of random sheep and herded them all home.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
OKAY FIRST OF ALL, Dune had technology and complex machines. You just didn't have THINKING MACHINES.

And lol if you are so autistic that you cant see how fighting a massive war against a machine uprising and having it loving CODIFIED into your religion might make society shy away from that line of development.

Johnny Aztec has a new favorite as of 18:51 on Jan 15, 2018

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Roro posted:

A page ago, but that flock of sheep didn't even belong to the dog's owner. It just found a flock of random sheep and herded them all home.

That is awesome.

Edit: I googled it. Those sheep do belong to the puppy in the picture. Now I have to find an article with what you are describing because they're is no way that hasn't happened.

Edit2: Here's a story of a great pyranees that saved his goats from burning to death and also added a bunch of baby deer to his flock.
https://www.google.com/amp/sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/16/odin-would-not-abandon-his-flock-as-firestorm-approach/amp/

Bored has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Jan 15, 2018

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Bored posted:

That is awesome.

Edit: I googled it. Those sheep do belong to the puppy in the picture. Now I have to find an article with what you are describing because they're is no way that hasn't happened.

Edit2: Here's a story of a great pyranees that saved his goats from burning to death and also added a bunch of baby deer to his flock.
https://www.google.com/amp/sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/10/16/odin-would-not-abandon-his-flock-as-firestorm-approach/amp/

I may have been fooled by a friend in regards to that picture, they know how much I enjoy animal hijinks. It's probably not true, sadly.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I feel that any one talking about Dune needs to be reminded that it has orange eyed sex witches who can only be defeated by Duncan Idaho's penis.

Bar Ran Dun has a new favorite as of 20:32 on Jan 15, 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BrandorKP posted:

I feel that any talk one talking about Dune needs to be reminded that it has has orange eyed sex witches who can only be defeated by Duncan Idaho's penis.

I mean, the series does, but not Dune itself. The series is great, but Dune is it's own thing. Sort of like Ender's Game really stands apart from Speaker, Xenocide, and Children which sort of do their own thing in the same universe but.... later.

edit: thought I was in the Dune thread, but point still stands

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

maybe not as funny as others, but the idea of a very angry wet cat in a bath bag is hilarious to me.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Rough Lobster posted:

A circular saw would be a lot more practical.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Teagan posted:

maybe not as funny as others, but the idea of a very angry wet cat in a bath bag is hilarious to me.

It's a lot less funny when you have 20lbs of VERY ANGRY cat trying to use all of it's pointy and bitey parts on you. At least while you're in the middle of the wash. Afterwords when you have it rolled up in a towel, it's funny.

The rare times I've needed to bathe my Maine Coons, I'd armor up with double layers of sweats and pair of work gloves and stuff them into a mesh bag much like that. Thankfully, cats are mostly self-cleaning so I only needed to do it maybe every other year or so.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Where'd you get a good resolution of one of Seanbaby's comics? On Cracked theyre all tiny and blurry

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Proteus Jones posted:

It's a lot less funny when you have 20lbs of VERY ANGRY cat trying to use all of it's pointy and bitey parts on you. At least while you're in the middle of the wash. Afterwords when you have it rolled up in a towel, it's funny.

The rare times I've needed to bathe my Maine Coons, I'd armor up with double layers of sweats and pair of work gloves and stuff them into a mesh bag much like that. Thankfully, cats are mostly self-cleaning so I only needed to do it maybe every other year or so.

My cat used to behave super well in the bath. I think putting her in a bag would have been an awful idea.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Rough Lobster posted:

Infinity War promos show him with an axe, possibly Jarnbjorn

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Teagan posted:

A circular saw would be a lot more practical.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Teagan posted:

These cowards couldn't even bother to put the cat under actual water.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teagan posted:

Back in my day a burlap sack was good enough

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Who What Now posted:

Where'd you get a good resolution of one of Seanbaby's comics? On Cracked theyre all tiny and blurry

I had just done a GIS on the dog's name and used the best image.
This and the other one were on Imgur already.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Jan 15, 2018

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

They used to sell a toy like that. You'd touch and it would play " Honey have you seen the cat?". Then the bag would start yowling and shaking violently.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Proteus Jones posted:

Reading the reviews on Kevlar sleeves and gloves very very often feature pet groomers. Apparently they prevent scratches and bites pretty well.
Also care workers. Old people with dementia tend to bite I guess.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Better go apply for that loan before it wears off.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BrandorKP posted:

I feel that any one talking about Dune needs to be reminded that it has orange eyed sex witches who can only be defeated by Duncan Idaho's penis.

Also, the only gay character is the obese pedophile villain.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Better go apply for that loan before it wears off.

Hell yeah, get a check for your privilege.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I had just done a GIS on the dog's name and used the best image.
This and the other one were on Imgur already.

The comic these are based on, Rex the Wonder Dog, is pretty good in itself, too. Strongly recommend it for insane dog adventures.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Dark, but true.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Teagan posted:

Looks like the cat's IN the bag!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I always thought it was short for "Trespassers William".

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Rysithusiku posted:

Old people with dementia tend to bite I guess.

Can confirm. They are also used in severe behavior clinics. You'll still get a bad bruise but at least you won't have teeth breaking skin.

Then pinch the nose to release the jaw.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dienes posted:

Can confirm. They are also used in severe behavior clinics. You'll still get a bad bruise but at least you won't have teeth breaking skin.

Just breath through the clenched jaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dienes posted:

My friend had to work with seniors and there were a couple that you had to interact with them through a mitten/puppet for safety reasons. One person decided they had built a good rapport and decided to skip the mitten puppet, she got bit bad.