Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

cumshitter posted:

like pretty obvs fake. i wouldnt be surprised if weird mike repeatedly told his fans to write up fake glowing reviews of his book on his crypto trading podcast or something

personally i think he writes them himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

okay so how does one come to a) write this nonsense, and b) also believe it? Where's their confidence from? cluelessness? some form of abuse?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

personally i think he writes them himself

shockingly, there are like 980+ 5 star reviews for gorilla mindset

not like weir dmike doesnt have the free time bug jesus, people are loving dumb

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Prester Jane posted:

So seeing the magical thinking and occult beliefs that have started to emerge on the Alt-Right (as demonstrated in the video below) is so eerily similar to what I experienced in doomsday cults (most of which were paranormal/occult/Otherkin themed) has inspired me to make a thread to try and discuss my experiences. I very much think that many posters in this thread will find it to be a relevant and interesting discussion. My goal is to raise understanding of what drove my former irrational behavior (I am long since deprogrammed and have been in therapy for years) with the hopes of finding ways to entice/aid members of the Alt-Right in becoming functional members of society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0D4TEKrqWE

drat he's looking haggard af

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

weird mikes always looks like he just got stung by a bunch of bees

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
he looks like he’d smell like poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Mike is only 40 years old but is already graying as if he's well into his 50s. Premature graying has an association with early heart disease that could be even bigger than obesity. All the weird chemicals Weird Mike's been dropping down his gullet have probably ruined his ticker.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure being a Nazi ages you like the goddamn Dark Side.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

cumshitter posted:

shockingly, there are like 980+ 5 star reviews for gorilla mindset

not like weir dmike doesnt have the free time bug jesus, people are loving dumb

He said his perfect day would involve something like 3 hours of blogging so its hardly surprising he's got the time to crank out a few hundred fake reviews

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mike is only 40 years old but is already graying as if he's well into his 50s. Premature graying has an association with early heart disease that could be even bigger than obesity. All the weird chemicals Weird Mike's been dropping down his gullet have probably ruined his ticker.

dont tell me that ive been slowly getting pauly walnuts wings in my hair since i was 22

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Slugnoid posted:

dont tell me that ive been slowly getting pauly walnuts wings in my hair since i was 22

:same:
Started graying at the temples in my early twenties. When my wife first saw photos of me before it got going she was startled at how dark my hair used to be.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
who suggested planetes?

its

good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
A small, alt-right media company called America First Media that popped up to ride the Trump wave has apparently cracked up over a dispute between the two partners, James Allsup and Nicholas Fuentes, the co-hosts of a podcast called Nationalist Review.

It was always basically a neo-fascist channel, but as far as I can tell Fuentes was not quite as far right (though still pretty loving far right) as Allsup, a former president of the Washington State University's College Republicans chapter and a Unite the Right attendee. Fuentes also attended the rally, but is Catholic and the alt-righters who are going after him apparently have a problem with his sister because she has a black girlfriend. Yeah.

Allsup seems like a more traditional neo-Nazi.

Who knows. This show and this channel seemed like one of the remaining bridges between the neo-Nazi types at The Daily Stormer and The Right Stuff, and the "civnat" r/the_donald far righters like Lauren Southern.

This is Fuentes:

Before he was working with this America First Media company he was part of something called the Right Side Broadcasting Network, but was fired after saying that CNN journalists should be hanged.

https://twitter.com/amfirstmedia/status/952680828173078528
https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/status/952960648727728128

One of the disputes seems to be (what else?) over the role of women in the movement, with Fuentes being more critical, which I suppose is odd -- I would've guessed Allsup but it's hard to tell with these people. To be frank really there doesn't seem to be much difference between them so this is probably over personality and ego.

Looks like Fuentes has been replaced by Spectre -- I don't really know who this is, but apparently he's more on the more explicit neo-Nazi wing and the chatter is that the show will move more in the direction of The Daily Shoah (white supremacist podcast hosted at The Right Stuff).

https://twitter.com/TheDisrespectre/status/952924837596549120

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Jan 15, 2018

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

A small, alt-right media company called America First Media that popped up to ride the Trump wave has apparently cracked up over a dispute between the two partners, James Allsup and Nicholas Fuentes, the co-hosts of a podcast called Nationalist Review.

It was always basically a neo-fascist channel, but as far as I can tell Fuentes was not quite as far right (though still pretty loving far right) as Allsup, a former president of the Washington State University's College Republicans chapter and a Unite the Right attendee. Fuentes also attended the rally, but is Catholic and the alt-righters who are going after him apparently have a problem with his sister because she has a black girlfriend. Yeah.

Allsup seems like a more traditional neo-Nazi.

Who knows. This show and this channel seemed like one of the remaining bridges between the neo-Nazi types at The Daily Stormer and The Right Stuff, and the "civnat" r/the_donald far righters like Lauren Southern.

This is Fuentes:

Before he was working with this America First Media company he was part of something called the Right Side Broadcasting Network, but was fired after saying that CNN journalists should be hanged.

https://twitter.com/amfirstmedia/status/952680828173078528
https://twitter.com/NickJFuentes/status/952960648727728128

One of the disputes seems to be (what else?) over the role of women in the movement, with Fuentes being more critical, which I suppose is odd -- I would've guessed Allsup but it's hard to tell with these people. To be frank really there doesn't seem to be much difference between them so this is probably over personality and ego.

Looks like Fuentes has been replaced by Spectre -- I don't really know who this is, but apparently he's more on the more explicit neo-Nazi wing and the chatter is that the show will move more in the direction of The Daily Shoah (white supremacist podcast hosted at The Right Stuff).

from one of those tweets:

they must not be doing too well if buying a co-host a new computer is a "major investment" that requires a full day for discussion

lol that they had a huge falling out over this

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

It was always basically a neo-fascist channel, but as far as I can tell Fuentes was not quite as far right
lol

its REALLY because he's half mexican and is a 20 year old that sounds like he's 70

he calculates his soul as 91% white with something he calls "soul math"

during a debate with destiny (it was nick, lauren southern and 2 other alt righters vs destiny) he was saying a whooole bunch of poo poo about women and you could hear lauren southern seething but she wouldn't say anything.

he's so toxic he pushed a few "centrist" youtubers to the left single handedly

he's kinda dumb too https://livestreamfails.com/post/9115

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Visidan posted:

lol

its REALLY because he's half mexican and is a 20 year old that sounds like he's 70

he calculates his soul as 91% white with something he calls "soul math"

during a debate with destiny (it was nick, lauren southern and 2 other alt righters vs destiny) he was saying a whooole bunch of poo poo about women and you could hear lauren southern seething but she wouldn't say anything.

he's so toxic he pushed a few "centrist" youtubers to the left single handedly

he's kinda dumb too https://livestreamfails.com/post/9115
holy poo poo lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

that dude got interviewed after c-ville absolutely furious because people started yelling at him for being a nazi

i remember those eyebrows

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Spectre is one of those people who is so intensely and consistently vile on Twitter that he gets banned every couple of days and pops up with a new name, always with the same profile pic and with "spectre" in the name somewhere. I've gotten him banned probably a dozen times. Some of these alt-right personalities attempt to stay within the letter of the rules on Twitter to avoid the banhammer - and maybe he will start doing that now so he can keep the same name - but he has not been one of those people in the past. He was one of those folks who, if you saw him post anywhere, you could go to his profile and click "report" and find half a dozen references to fags, kikes, n*ggers etc on the first page. In short, he's trash.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

ahahha

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
crazy how alot of these guys turn out to be not white and not straight or date/married to someone who isn't white yet still argue for a white ethnostate

off the top of my head you have fuentes, jon tron, braving ruin, ryan faulk, daily stormer run by a jewish guy etc. sometimes it seems like the only straight white guy is baked alaska

i mean you even have tara mccarthy (she saw an african selling cds on a street corner in new york and became a white nationalist) who is half indian half jewish arguing against anchor babies and for kicking out anyone who naturalized in the usa at the point of a gun then an hour later you find out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZFJukBv3cY&t=75s

(another destiny clip but him, david pakman and kristi winters are the only people that talk to these crazies, soon as one of them gets wrecked by a progressive they only ever talk to other nazis in a circle jerk)

Reclines Obesily has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Jan 15, 2018

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I sorta thinks it makes sense - I mean if alt-right people are anything but fact based, why should an identity objectionable to alt-rightism stop them from being alt-right?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
through the power of soul math everyone on the earth can be white and live in peace and harmony

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Visidan posted:

i mean you even have tara mccarthy (she saw an african selling cds on a street corner in new york and became a white nationalist)

becoming a neo-nazi because I got mixtape hustled, to own the libs

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

shiksa posted:

who suggested planetes?

its

good

:cheers:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nebakenezzer posted:

I sorta thinks it makes sense - I mean if alt-right people are anything but fact based, why should an identity objectionable to alt-rightism stop them from being alt-right?
well whiteness has always been a slippery and fungible category. and i think there's also more to alt-rightness than being white. like fuentes also isn't alt-right apparently because he acts like a 70-year-old boomer.

i think they're like right-wing SJWs in a way, since i remember that whole thing being about enforcing identity boundaries with politics acting like more as a proxy war for it. so it'd encourage people to take the maximalist position grounded in one's identity but no one could ever measure up.

i heard someone say once that the white person you can't credibly accuse of cultural appropriation is a white nationalist. so that was the direction the right went in, and now they're eating each other over who is white.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebakenezzer posted:

It also proves the point that "whiteness" is fluid concept that has more to do with lived privileges than your haplogroups or melanin content.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I think BrutalistMcDonalds posted something from the MPC forum like 8 months ago that predicted what is happening now, the alt-right eating itself

i mean its not an amazing prediction or anything but it came from a mouth breathing alt righter so he had half a brain on him

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Visidan posted:

I think BrutalistMcDonalds posted something from the MPC forum like 8 months ago that predicted what is happening now, the alt-right eating itself

i mean its not an amazing prediction or anything but it came from a mouth breathing alt righter so he had half a brain on him

Mouth-breathing alt-righters with at least half a brain are the basic population of MPC, yeah?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Visidan posted:

Well I mean they were really only carried by Trump's victory. They had no other politicians they liked win. That basically sucked all the wind out of their sails and they're failing to intimidate people in a big way.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the AP posted:

The leader of the anti-EU U.K. Independence Party says he has broken up with his girlfriend after she made racist remarks about Prince Harry's fiancée, Meghan Markle.

Henry Bolton said Monday that "the romantic side" of his relationship with 25-year-old Jo Marney was over.

But the 54-year-old former soldier told ITV that he would not resign as party chief.

Marney, who describes herself as a model and actor, was suspended from UKIP after the Mail on Sunday newspaper published text messages to a friend in which she said Markle would "taint" the royal family.

disgusting. what is it with fascists dating children

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

THC posted:

Power disparity and obsession with dominance. It’s literally the entire fascist drive.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

that dude got interviewed after c-ville absolutely furious because people started yelling at him for being a nazi

i remember those eyebrows

yeah im pretty sure part of the interview he gave was on last week tonight or the daily show or something. they were mocking him for saying "i cant believe they hate us without knowing who we are" or something like that

it was at least passed around on twitter

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

fool_of_sound posted:

Power disparity and obsession with dominance. It’s literally the entire fascist drive.
And women their own age see through their bullshit and are less interested in putting up with it.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

i heard someone say once that the white person you can't credibly accuse of cultural appropriation is a white nationalist. so that was the direction the right went in, and now they're eating each other over who is white.

So basically like some other ideological movements who rip each other up over what the "correct" interpretation is

Usually after a setback

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pookel posted:

Spectre is one of those people who is so intensely and consistently vile on Twitter that he gets banned every couple of days and pops up with a new name, always with the same profile pic and with "spectre" in the name somewhere. I've gotten him banned probably a dozen times. Some of these alt-right personalities attempt to stay within the letter of the rules on Twitter to avoid the banhammer - and maybe he will start doing that now so he can keep the same name - but he has not been one of those people in the past. He was one of those folks who, if you saw him post anywhere, you could go to his profile and click "report" and find half a dozen references to fags, kikes, n*ggers etc on the first page. In short, he's trash.

https://twitter.com/TheDisrespectre/status/953043010144604160

jesus, you wernt wrong.

THC posted:

domination and and power poo poo, like others above said. also there is probably some "purity" poo poo in there too.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

also the fact that alt right leaders are publicly huge dweebs who self own constantly hurts them a lot. it’s an ideology of dominance that mediocre young men gravitate to so they can feel like winners. if the public image of the alt right is tough hardass Nazis then young men craving respect will join. if it’s a bunch of moronic dipshits who can’t find their own rear end with both hands recruitment suffers. this is a problem with all fascism because it requires a frontline of highly visible tough badasses, but the kinds of people who gravitate to fascist ideologies are such failures in their own lives that they cannot maintain this image.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Nebakenezzer posted:

So basically like some other ideological movements who rip each other up over what the "correct" interpretation is

Usually after a setback

Except they're also huge nerds who can't get over their love of anime and fetish for a submissive asian wife fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
talked to a reporter on background today, not because of this thread but through another channel. a point i made was that while yes, they rode the trump wave, the surge in activity in 2016-2017 was preceded by several years of real organizing that hasn't gotten much attention. the two most important people i think who were responsible were richard spencer and mike enoch, who are responsible for lowering the traditional barriers to entry for white nationalism. they preceded trump's presidential campaign.

in spencer's case it was with suits and ties but also his publishing outlets: presenting a more up-market image. for enoch (daily shoah) it was making it less grim and pouty. he can be quite funny and invented the ((( ))) meme, and has an everyday joe way of speaking. you have to put these guys in a historical context and in a context where white nationalism was mired in the doldrums of groups like the national socialist movement: the kind of moronic dipshits DAD LOST MY IPOD mentioned. but the story now is really a story about how they blew it, and how the movement is trying to recover.

also one thing i noticed, which is that the reporter i would say follows this stuff closer than most, but even then a lot of the banner drops and flyering that i follow didn't ring a bell. this isn't to toot my own horn at all. it's actually somewhat encouraging? it says to me that basically they're screaming into a void for the most part. the attention economy is a really massive, lumbering force and these are very small groups.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Jan 16, 2018