Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Jason Jordan, Finn Balor
AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Chad Gable, Rusev, Both Usos
Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Akira Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Noam Dar (and that's ignoring Neville)

I guess if you don't like Finn, you could say Roman's the fifth best in-ring guy on Raw without counting any Cruiserweights? :shrug: If you include NXT guys too, he probably doesn't crack the top 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Noam Dar?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dar's really good. I guess I could put Ali or Gulak there instead? They are also really good.

I mean, most of the guys in that division are better than most of the heavyweights in-ring, it's not their fault they're in a dead timeslot.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gran Metalik is arguably the best luchador in the world and you'd never know it watching WWE programming today

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

abraham linksys posted:

no one talking about Lashley apparently doing a bow at TNA? was it an obvious angle or something or do people just legit not care about what that dude does next

It was in TNA so that's probably why

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, Cesaro, Jason Jordan, Finn Balor
AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Randy Orton, Chad Gable, Rusev, Both Usos
Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, Akira Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Noam Dar (and that's ignoring Neville)

I guess if you don't like Finn, you could say Roman's the fifth best in-ring guy on Raw without counting any Cruiserweights? :shrug: If you include NXT guys too, he probably doesn't crack the top 20.

again, nobody watches 205 live and roman is better in-ring than rollins, jordan, orton, and ruzev

so he's still near the top

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm trying to think of Seth Rollins' last truly great singles match. At least Finn got to go 4.5 stars with AJ.

(Not trying to Always Bad Rollins but his consistently best work has always been in multimans)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm not trying to Always Bad Rollins either, he's loving great don't get me wrong

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

again, nobody watches 205 live and roman is better in-ring than rollins, jordan, orton, and ruzev

so he's still near the top

The amount of people watching the show doesn't matter if we're talking about in ring work alone. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the latter point.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rusev shows hints of being way better than Roman but doesn't really get the chance to prove it very often. they're both great at selling and should have a legitimate blood feud that lasts a couple months before rusev wins the world drat title. That's the spoilers for tonight

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I would argue if we're talking about 'workers' that the guy whose most notable thing in singles matches other than 'handed in a briefcase' is 'injures opponents and self' is probably not great at a fake sport.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'd put Owens, Styles, Zayn, Joe, Cedric, Rusev, Big E, Balor, and Cena all ahead of Reigns as far as in ring work. Throw Nakamura in there too if it's a big match. I don't know if Neville is even know the WWE anymore but he'd also be in that group. Strowman is about his equal but they do a better job agenting Braun's matches to play to his strengths.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 15, 2018

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
have you seen Cena wrestle in the last 12 months

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

have you seen Cena wrestle in the last 12 months

Was the AJ match with the roll through AA in the last 12 months?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Just barely :v:

Also Cena had the fun Elimination Chamber match, the triple threat with AJ/Bray (when Bray was still somewhat credible), and the Nakamura match.

He's just been noticeably poo poo when he's called back to do; his second or third Rusev feud, Baron Corbin, or literally last minute filler in the Survivor Series.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You wouldn’t know it from their respective shows but Karl Anderson and Tyler Breeze are both better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought he wasn't exactly great in his Mania match though that wasn't really a match that called for a ****1/2 workrate

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

You wouldn’t know it from their respective shows but Karl Anderson and Tyler Breeze are both better.

2012 was 6 years ago

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Scott Steiner is returning to Impact tonight!!!

How exciting. I missed him calling people fatasses.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Scott Steiner is returning to Impact tonight!!!

How exciting. I missed him calling people fatasses.

i take back everything bad i ever said about this company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Scott Steiner, Bryan Cage, and Big Traps on the same show seems like it was designed in a lab to get me to watch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What the christ, even with a king's bounty of good roidmen, they can't help but overbooking

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/953048057507172353

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jesus loving Christ stop pushing Eli Drake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is this more or less baffling than the Jinder push

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Is this more or less baffling than the Jinder push

At least Jinder had theoretical (emphasis on theoretical) appeal to a market WWE badly wants a foothold in

Who the gently caress does Eli Drake appeal to

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress does Eli Drake appeal to

TNAMecca

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
God loving damnit TNA.

https://twitter.com/TheRogueFan/status/953061788366581760

They paired up Scott Steiner with Eli Drake!!! :argh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, this is definitely more baffling than the Jinder stuff

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why even bother bringing in Steiner if you're not going to do anything interesting with him?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/953058471787859973

Somebody watched Jericho/Omega and got ... ideas

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/953058471787859973

Somebody watched Jericho/Omega and got ... ideas

Kenny and Jericho didn't do anything that dumb. (Omega and NAITO, however, were much dumber.)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/953067660044103681

Ah yes, the annual "Tommy Dreamer needs to pay rent this month" angle

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

God loving damnit TNA.

https://twitter.com/TheRogueFan/status/953061788366581760

They paired up Scott Steiner with Eli Drake!!! :argh:

Dammit all I want is Roid Boys vs Fat Boys, I hate this company.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This isn't the gdt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Rohit Raju defeats Sugar Dunkerton
Kiera Hogan defeats Laurel Van Ness
El Hijo del Fantasma defeats Homicide

Eli Drake defeats Moose in a case vs case match with help from OVE and Sami Callihan. Now has the world and tag title cases
Petey Williams defeats Josh Matthews by DQ after Matt Sydal interferes. Sydal and Josh stand tall postmatch
Fallah Bahh, Dick Justice and Tyrus defeat Cult of Lee and KM
Rosemary defeats Taya Valkyrie in a no DQ match
Eli Drake announces his tag partner for Redemption: Scott Steiner
Moose defeats Callihan by DQ after Sami hits him with the bat. Eddie Edwards tries to make the save but OVE attack. Alisha Edwards tries to make the save but is scared off. The lights go out and Tommy Dreamer makes the save. Moose, Eddie and Dreamer vs OVE and Sami at Redemption
Braxton Sutter and Su Yung defeat Fallah Bahh and Kiera. Postmatch Allie and Su have a pullapart brawl
Kongo Kong vs Johnny Impact goes to no contest. Kong destroys Impact postmatch
KM has an open challenge. Brian Cage answers and destroys him
Sydal, OVE and Del Rio defeat Petey, Dreamer, Moose and Austin Aries after Josh interferes. Everyone brawls postmatch, Aries chases Del Rio off

Final stats for the tapings
Title changes: 4
Feast or Fired briefcase changes: 1
Hogan/Laurel matches: 4

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Daniel Bryan's odds to win the Rumble went from 66/1 to 10/1 overnight

👀

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports-novelties/wwe?ev_oc_grp_ids=2680906

Nakamura 7/5 (cool)
Roman Reigns 9/4 (whatever)
John Cena 4/1 (lame)
Dolph Ziggler 4/1 :barf:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
On the female side, Asuka's odds continue to be fairly decent. I listed the odds for a handful of markets this time.

Top 3:

1) Asuka: (13/8), (13/8), (11/8), (11/8), (2/1)

2) Ronda Rousey: (11/10), (11/8), (2/1), (2/1), (11/8)

3) Becky Lynch: (12/1), (10/1), (6/1), (6/1), (13/2)

Nia Jax's odds have worsened in some markets as of last night, and gotten slightly better in some. I still don't think she's winning the Rumble though.

Source: https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/womens-royal-rumble-2018/winner

And for fun, Mick Foley posted who he thinks will win the Royal Rumble. He thinks it'll be Becky on the female side and Sheamus on the male side. :laffo:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 16, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao, why is Ziggler even in the picture. What's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

lmao, why is Ziggler even in the picture. What's going on.

I did some digging around online for that, and apparently people are thinking since he abandoned the US title, he's going to enter and win the Royal Rumble, because he "wants a bigger challenge".