Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

AkumaHokoru posted:

I know there is a way to tell just from lookin but I cant tell. what gives it away? the bounce? the lack of bar bend?

Color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

goldenninjawarrior posted:

There's a half hour documentary on BBC tonight looking at Donald Trump voters, one year after the election and it starts with this crazy montage of what it would look like if Donald Trump had won the election and how he'd really gently caress everything up and make himself look like an idiot and tweet a bunch of crazy stuff and do some ridiculous stunts that make him look to be a moron. It's some really clever editing I'll give them that haha, can you imagine? Donald Trump, the President?

The Guardian review posted:

Stacey is by far the most intriguing character here. A coalminer from Gillette, Wyoming, and usually a Democrat, she voted for Trump to inject life back into the industry that supported her as a single mother. In her assessment, Trump is delivering what he promised, and demand for coal is up. But this personal pact with her conscience has left her shaken, and she is the only one of the interviewees who would not vote for him again. She is baffled that he continues to campaign, having already won. She would like him to be more presidential. “He’s the president so that, therefore, is presidential,” reasons Lynn, a slightly frantic PR from Florida (if you can call that reason).

Dotted throughout are sobering statistics from a recent YouGov survey: 83% of Trump voters are not concerned about possible Russian involvement in the election; 92% think he is doing a good job with the economy. Staggeringly, 76% of those who voted for him believe he has the temperament to be president. These results speak to why this documentary is so frustrating, and so bleak. They lay bare the simple fact that, well, facts aren’t what they used to be. As one of the political analysts points out, Trump’s paranoid blustering safeguards him from criticism. If something goes well, he takes the credit; if it fails, he blames the media, or Congress. It is a crude tactic, but effective in shoring up support.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bape Culture posted:

Is that 230kg?! That’s pretty impressive tbf

Saw his instagram post somewhere and it was 385lb/~175kg. Not even a warm up.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Donald Trump will have to grab himself he's such a pussy.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Donald Trump will have to grab himself he's such a pussy.

lmao

dicy dicky durbin blew daca

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Im quite sure the color doesn't give it away...I could be wrong but I thought they did make covers for weights

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

AkumaHokoru posted:

Im quite sure the color doesn't give it away...I could be wrong but I thought they did make covers for weights

You can tell by the thickness of the plates, also they're not metal. Blue plates are generally 45lb or 20kg but thick black plates have no standard to help figure out the weight.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

There's a half hour documentary on BBC tonight looking at Donald Trump voters, one year after the election and it starts with this crazy montage of what it would look like if Donald Trump had won the election and how he'd really gently caress everything up and make himself look like an idiot and tweet a bunch of crazy stuff and do some ridiculous stunts that make him look to be a moron. It's some really clever editing I'll give them that haha, can you imagine? Donald Trump, the President?

ed. The first interview is with a guy who thinks seat belt laws are oppressive and that Donald Trump's optimistic nature is bringing steel jobs back to his area.

I'd like these interviews with Trump voters in Bumfuck, Nowhere more if at the end they were thrown into a large meat grinder.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Bape Culture posted:

Is that 230kg?! That’s pretty impressive tbf

in the original post he says 375lbs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Idk but I tape all my lift sesh and post them to utubers for adoration. I need to post more in ylls

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

could donny junior deadlift his father?

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Extra Large Marge posted:

I'd like these interviews with Trump voters in Bumfuck, Nowhere more if at the end they were thrown into a large meat grinder.

At the end they gotta live under the Trump administration but without the awareness to get lols out of it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

could donny junior deadlift his father?

Tard strength vs tard mass.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

At the end they gotta live under the Trump administration but without the awareness to get lols out of it.

That's all that's keeping me going tbqh

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Katana Gomai posted:

get this, he didn't win the election but he is actually the President! :lol:

hard cut, *slidewhistle*, glass breaking.

Zoom in on Easy-D's confused face yelling "MAGA!!!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Irony will forever be lost on rich white people. The only thing they understand: :thermidor:

this kind of irony died around 2006 when Tony Blair said "War Pigs" was his favorite song

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
gently caress every dumb cletus safari where they put idiot opinions on a retarded salt of the earth pedestal.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

old beast lunatic posted:

gently caress every dumb cletus safari where they put idiot opinions on a retarded salt of the earth pedestal.

Reporter: So you voted for Trump
Local Rube: Yes, and I still support him
Reporter: What do you think of *insert recent Trump lol*
Local Rube: I think it's great, you know, standing up to the media/DC establishment/foreigners/blacks like that
Reporter: Wow incredible! Well, I gotta get back to New York City to write this up, but I can assure you I've learned absolutely nothing.

Every time!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I mean they interviewed a bunch of people who were getting laid off at that plant he got a lot of money sent to, and even they hadn't turned on him despite losing their jobs.

Its about racism and making everyone else worse that you are.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

So when the French revolution happened was the typical Frenchman as retarded as the 2018 American?

I think we're doomed.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean they interviewed a bunch of people who were getting laid off at that plant he got a lot of money sent to, and even they hadn't turned on him despite losing their jobs.

Its about racism and making everyone else worse that you are.

This is oddly observant in 2018

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Pretty sure the 2016/2017/2018 American is the dumbest collection of human beings ever amassed and allowed to communicate directly with each other via the internet.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/464929675740213248

https://twitter.com/jonlemire/status/952699386416500737

Wrap it up Trump-ailures, your godking will never live up to the feckless standards of the Lich Mayor of Toronto

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
For all his failures and terrible behaviour Rob Ford was wayyyyyyy more likeable than Trump. He also took his job semi seriously and while wasn’t a great mayor or anything he legit tried to help people out.

I actually felt a little sad when Ford died.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

For all his failures and terrible behaviour Rob Ford was wayyyyyyy more likeable than Trump. He also took his job semi seriously and while wasn’t a great mayor or anything he legit tried to help people out.

I actually felt a little sad when Ford died.

I wish we had rob ford. A quote I’d never expect 2 yrs ago

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

I wish we had rob ford. A quote I’d never expect 2 yrs ago

Lols from a more innocent time: The Rob Ford Incident file

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Rob Ford was a real bastard, he would spend all day Monday-Thursday touring run down housing projects and promising the tenants that he would get everything fixed.

Then on Friday he would go to council and vote against spending any money at all repairing the city run housing projects.

And blame the media and leftists for "lying" about what he did.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 16, 2018

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It is actually cool and good that Rob Ford is dead.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s probably for the best, he could have tried for provincial or federal politics and hosed up even more stuff.

Thankfully his meaner brother has the charisma of a dead raccoon and it will hopefully keep him out of higher office.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

priznat posted:

It’s probably for the best, he could have tried for provincial or federal politics and hosed up even more stuff.

Thankfully his meaner brother has the charisma of a dead raccoon and it will hopefully keep him out of higher office.

Dude was just a mayor. Lol step up cnanada.

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Fabulousity posted:

So when the French revolution happened was the typical Frenchman as retarded as the 2018 American?

I think we're doomed.

yea they were Marx whined about that a bunch

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Dude was just a mayor. Lol step up cnanada.

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com

Mayor of Toronto though, which is basically Canada. I say this as someone from BC, as we don’t matter.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Terminally Bored posted:

If something goes well, he takes the credit; if it fails, he blames the media, or Congress. It is a crude tactic, but effective in shoring up support.

Amidst absolute cretins, sure.

I thought the media finally got wind of Trump Country Tourism fatigue and were going to leave these chuds to their fate of opioids and environmental collapse.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Durf posted:

Amidst absolute cretins, sure.

I thought the media finally got wind of Trump Country Tourism fatigue and were going to leave these chuds to their fate of opioids and environmental collapse.

Still the plan. But you forgot lack of any medical,care. Or jobs.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sugar free jazz posted:

yea they were Marx whined about that a bunch

Lol they let the Marquis de Sade not get guillotined they were dumb af.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

they also let Louis Napoleon take power freaking LUMPENPROLETARIAT!!! give me back my BARRICADES!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

It is actually cool and good that Rob Ford is dead.

when politicians stop existing i get real happy and my penis tingles

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Trump: "MLK? HUGE racist when compared to me."

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chinatown posted:

when politicians stop existing i get real happy and my penis tingles

Is that how you know it's still there since you can't see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Trump: I listened to Eminem once, I'm suuuuuper cool with blacks.

e: immediately removes all aid and government programs designed to help minorities while joking about how he owned them.

e: why is everyone lying about me? the dems totally did this, hell they even voted me into office, wtf they're the retards here not me, i'm A SUPER OMEGA GENIUS!

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 16, 2018