Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sharrrk posted:

rotom wouldnt shut the gently caress up and let me just look at the map so i hate it with my life. Sorry for cussing

harsh but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TFRazorsaw posted:

the second half of Pokemon Sun and Moon's anime is taking a weird direction

Well, not the worst way to waste time the anime has come up with. At least it’s not endless tournament arcs.

sharrrk posted:

rotom wouldnt shut the gently caress up and let me just look at the map so i hate it with my life. Sorry for cussing

It is the neediest possessed encyclopedia, agreed.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
It wouldn't be so bad if you could at least skip its dialogue, but NOPE, gotta pipe up and tell you about island scan for the 40th time

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

What's the best set for something to trample the Elite Four as efficiently as possible for grinding? I'm running a Reshiram/Zekrom duo but apparently Zekrom doesn't get EQ which makes the whole Mold Breaker advantage they have useless on Olivia.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Grinding out legendaries from the Ultra Wormhole is reminding me how loving obnoxious catching them was in the first 5 gens.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

The Golden Gael posted:

What's the best set for something to trample the Elite Four as efficiently as possible for grinding? I'm running a Reshiram/Zekrom duo but apparently Zekrom doesn't get EQ which makes the whole Mold Breaker advantage they have useless on Olivia.

There are a lot of good pokemon if you're wanting to solo elite 4, but if you're trying to grind elite 4 for XP or money tho there are better options (SOS Chansey battles in Pony Plains for XP, Battle Agency for money & FC).

Also message me your friend code or something if you want to do some VGC, you seem to not be accepting messages through SA.

Lant fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 14, 2018

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

AlternateNu posted:

Grinding out legendaries from the Ultra Wormhole is reminding me how loving obnoxious catching them was in the first 5 gens.

The Rotom catch power is a revelation.
I haven't used more than a half dozen balls on any legendary to this point.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Golden Gael posted:

We calculated it out in Discord. Best is Kyurem-Black overall since its literally the only Pokemon that can OHKO every pokemon in the E4.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Zore posted:

We calculated it out in Discord. Best is Kyurem-Black overall since its literally the only Pokemon that can OHKO every pokemon in the E4.
Seems legit. I wound up maxing out Reshiram and slapping Choice Specs on it - it does the same thing at the cost of my Amulet slot.

quote:

Also message me your friend code or something if you want to do some VGC, you seem to not be accepting messages through SA.
I just finished my new team. I can't do PMs. I'll put up my Friend Code on the thread when I have a few minutes and my DS is charged (which is quite a process).

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
So, wanna try to finish my Pokedex in one swoop here..

Omni
0533-5330-9950

I have a few things that just need trade/tradebacks, and then, I need someone with Ultra Moon to help me nab Lunala- I have a Cosmoem at level 52 with a rare candy attached, so I just need to trade it over and have someone evolve it.

Anyone around?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Geostomp posted:

It is the neediest possessed encyclopedia, agreed.

Wikipedia during a fundraiser.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Lant posted:

There are a lot of good pokemon if you're wanting to solo elite 4, but if you're trying to grind elite 4 for XP or money tho there are better options (SOS Chansey battles in Pony Plains for XP, Battle Agency for money & FC).

If you're still game, my FC is 1977 0303 4337!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

ChrisBTY posted:

The Rotom catch power is a revelation.
I haven't used more than a half dozen balls on any legendary to this point.

It's great, right? Too bad it's the one Rotom power I've somehow never pulled.

I've gotten 12 PP Restores and at least 4 of everything else. Never Rotom Catch. :negative:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Just get rotom powers while breeding, you'll gather them up really fast. Besides for Roto-hatch, that one seems really rare.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Give me Roto EXP you greedy thunderghost

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/Arkeus88/status/952760559178567680

We are so loving sentai this cour. Worth noting that the only UBs missing are Guzzlord and one UB-02 & UB-04. I'm guessing Guzzlord will show up in the later parts of this arc, but the other two are probably getting skipped altogether. Given that the last poster did only cover a cour, i'm guessing this'll also run from 61 to 73 at most, which makes sense given that there's barely over half a dozen UBs to deal with.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I’m the flying Dragonair

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what Pokemon is Ash riding?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

seeing them all together really crystallizes how stupid the UBs look

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TFRazorsaw posted:

what Pokemon is Ash riding?

Garchomp

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rotomdex is freaking out because Poipole got acid on Ash's shirt and he only has a few brief moments before suffering excruciatingly painful caustic burns

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

eh, Ash Ketchum is indestructible.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No Pheromosa, no deal.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Super No Vacancy posted:

seeing them all together really crystallizes how stupid the UBs look

That's the point, I'm guessing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I prefer my Big Tough Skeeter friend to Big Metal Lion Covered In Pointy Rocks, thanks

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm just glad Nanu's going to appear. I mean, of course he is since the other two Kahunas were also present and gave Ash his Grand Trials but okay.

Also it looks like Acerola's Mimikyu has a non-standard character design. It might be a shiny on top of having a patched cloth and a flower.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

garchomp, golurk, and flygon. what are three ground type pokemonsters what can fly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wait garchomp can fly wtf

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Faster than the speed of sound, even. However, it cannot learn the move "Fly"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't wait to see Flygon, Charizard, Dragonair, Altaria, Garchomp and Magnezone combine into a megazord.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EthanSteele posted:

Faster than the speed of sound, even. However, it cannot learn the move "Fly"

that's because he can ONLY fly faster than the speed of sound, which is not safe for a human child to ride

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TFRazorsaw posted:

eh, Ash Ketchum is indestructible.

He keeps dying and coming back, that kid is like a freaking phoenix.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

He keeps dying and coming back, that kid is like a freaking phoenix.

Sacred Ash

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait to see Flygon, Charizard, Dragonair, Altaria, Garchomp and Magnezone combine into a Digimon.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So, uh, why do ultra wormhole pokémon not have pokédex entries? This strikes me as odd.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

So, uh, why do ultra wormhole pokémon not have pokédex entries? This strikes me as odd.

There's no official national dex in Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon and they're not Alola natives, so. The only national dex this generation is part of bank.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

notoriousman posted:

There's no official national dex in Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon and they're not Alola natives, so. The only national dex this generation is part of bank.

Man, gently caress gamefreak. If Type:Null and Silvally get entries, then there's no reason for the UBs not to.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, gently caress gamefreak. If Type:Null and Silvally get entries, then there's no reason for the UBs not to.

You misunderstood. UBs get Pokedex entries, but the ultra wormhole legendaries/non-Alolans you can catch don't.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This is probably their model going forward with how many Pokemon there are. I wouldn't be surprised if the National Dex never came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they fkn better