Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Phlegmish posted:

My sister has had a Huawei for years. This is Europe, though. Is it really the case that no one in the US has ever heard of them?

Most phones I see around here are either iPhones or Samsungs. The only Chinese phones I see are Motorolas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Its' weird, the site I'm watching Rocko's Modern Life on only has 2 ads on the whole thing - variatons on "Attractive Women in Rotherham/Asian Woman Want your DILZ now!" and "This magic pill makes muscles happen with no exercise! (ignore that the models are all clearly lifting weights and heavily photoshopped!)" You'd think there would be some variation, it's getting boring. VARY YOUR SPAM INTERNET!

It's all this poo poo over and over again.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm partial to 'Woman, 28, in [random town in your very general area] wants to gently caress!'

I fall for it every time

Mu Zeta posted:

Most phones I see around here are either iPhones or Samsungs. The only Chinese phones I see are Motorolas.

I have a Motorola. You know, despite China's reputation their phones aren't that bad.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think all the ones that make it out of China tend to be serviceable at the very least to compete with the big names.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I'm partial to 'Woman, 28, in [random town in your very general area] wants to gently caress!'
Statistically, it's probably true every time you see it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

C.M. Kruger posted:

2016: be sure to keep laundry pods away from small children and geriatrics.
2018: we regret to inform you that your adult son ate the laundry pod.

Anyways, TFR dug up some awful gun ads:

This isn't the cyberpunk future I envisioned!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

It's all this poo poo over and over again.

That man... doesn't look well. :gonk:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't buy laundry pods because you can't smell them in the store and the most important characteristic of laundry detergent to me is what it's going to make my clothes smell like.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The_White_Crane posted:

Oh they get much worse. They are all grotesque.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The_White_Crane posted:

I don't know, hot cross buns for abs is pretty appealing to me. When you're done making gently caress, pull off a bun from the other abs and have a convenient snack!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

They call him Double A: All Abs!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Sagebrush posted:

I don't buy laundry pods because you can't smell them in the store and the most important characteristic of laundry detergent to me is what it's going to make my clothes smell like.

Just open the package in the store and give it a sniff?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

Just open the package in the store and give it a snifftaste?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

BioEnchanted posted:

Oh they get much worse. They are all grotesque.

http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/i-know-sounds-spam-i-really-did-double-my-mass-two-1158

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Most people are using far too much detergent.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
The measuring lines on the cap of liquid laundry detergent are like half the volume of the cap, and the recommend line to use it self is like two-thirds of that. One time when I was living at a University dorm and foam was erupting from the floor drains in the laundry room. You can use way too much, and it isn't making your cloths extra clean.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Beachcomber posted:

Most people are using far too much detergent.

This is why people are starting to opt for the pods. It's not as embarrassing or low class or whatever as getting individual packs of powder detergent, and they don't have to measure anything. Also it comes in this attractive case and whatnot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Your avs are having a dance party.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6wanZOLtk

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

This is why people are starting to opt for the pods. It's not as embarrassing or low class or whatever as getting individual packs of powder detergent, and they don't have to measure anything. Also it comes in this attractive case and whatnot.

When I had to go to a laundry room, they were seriously nice, I could just grab 5 of them, and get laundry done in a pinch.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

And yours is a wallflower :(

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Iron Crowned posted:

When I had to go to a laundry room, they were seriously nice, I could just grab 5 of them, and get laundry done in a pinch.

Oh, yeah, they're convenient as hell, especially if you have to go to a laundromat or a laundry room in an apartment building or something. But it'd be just as easy to make them ugly tear-and-use pouches or something. But then they wouldn't be visually appealing and wouldn't feel like the future.

Disclaimer: I buy pods if they're on sale when I need detergent, because they are, in fact, incredibly convenient. I'm not making GBS threads on people who use pods. Just don't think they need to be made to look so bright and (I guess) edible.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

Disclaimer: I buy pods if they're on sale when I need detergent, because they are, in fact, incredibly convenient. I'm not making GBS threads on people who use pods. Just don't think they need to be made to look so bright and (I guess) edible.

I use the All pods and they look like small plastic throw pillows full of mucous. Definitely not appetizing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Little bags of piss.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Welp.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Nuevo posted:

I use the All pods and they look like small plastic throw pillows full of mucous. Definitely not appetizing.

Yeah, it'd be better if more pods looked like pissbags so that children wouldn't eat them, but they also don't look good to advertise, so companies besides All won't really go for that.

Also: People have said that the colorful pods look like Gushers, and I am convince that these people have never seen Gushers and are just talking out of their asses.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

Yeah, it'd be better if more pods looked like pissbags so that children wouldn't eat them, but they also don't look good to advertise, so companies besides All won't really go for that.

Also: People have said that the colorful pods look like Gushers, and I am convince that these people have never seen Gushers and are just talking out of their asses.

I'm pretty sure most of them are talking out their asses. I mean who leaves something like that in a location where a child young enough to think it was candy would find it. I mean really

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I don't think I saw this posted yet. https://www.theonion.com/so-help-me-god-i-m-going-to-eat-one-of-those-multicolo-1819585017

CommonShore posted:

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trig Discipline posted:

And yours is a wallflower :(

Naw. Charles, Prince of Wales, was undoubtedly too drunk to dance.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Nuevo posted:

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!
I thought the laundry pod eating fad was just idiot internet teens being dumb, combined with the popularity of various "__________ Challenges" on youtube and other media. People keep complaining that part of the problem is that the pods are brightly colored like candy but has there been a single instance reported of a small child eating them by accident because they legitimately mistook them for food? I thought it was solely people eating them who are definitely old enough to know what they are because it is an Internet Thing.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I think the poisonings were mostly adults with dementia. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was looking up an old book I used to enjoy reading as a kid/young teen called Krindlekrax (because I remember it being kinda awesome, also probably gonna look up Clock of Doom) and my god these prices are hilarious:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tide Pod update:

https://twitter.com/AkuaSeaOtter/status/952698849671380993

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I feel this has gone unappreciated.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

... those wraps can be slipped right off. What moron thought using those was a good idea?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

King of Foolians posted:

People keep complaining that part of the problem is that the pods are brightly colored like candy but has there been a single instance reported of a small child eating them by accident because they legitimately mistook them for food?
To my knowledge, in the US between 2012 and 2017, 6 adults (mostly with dementia) and 2 children died from eating the pods. That obviously doesn't count those that ate them and lived, which is probably much higher. Hardly an epidemic, but still...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Uh, they do that anyway because laundry detergent is highly shoplifted by blacks to trade for drugs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Uh, they do that anyway because laundry detergent is highly shoplifted by blacks to trade for drugs.

Uhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

I’m sure he just meant the poors. The keys are like, right next to each other.

Wait, that’s not really any better.