Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

If only there was some way to Share your game, that another might Play with you.

That would be nice if that was how share play worked.

Not that it would make a different with my crappy internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was posting in the other thread how I don't like the saw cleaver or the kirkhammer. I thought with this second run I would try the strength weapons since I went skill my first playthrough but they all feel slow and lame

Did you try the Holy Moonlight Sword? It's fast and hits like a truck.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I started over so I could remember how to play the game before getting to the DLC and am still in Central Yharnam! I am looking forward to the new weapons though

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I am not a game replayer (for like, campaign focused games) but I loved Bloodborne SO much I am thinking It's been enough time since launch that I might go through it again...

And of course the Dark Souls remaster.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I probably have more hours put into the Souls series than every other game I've played combined.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was posting in the other thread how I don't like the saw cleaver or the kirkhammer. I thought with this second run I would try the strength weapons since I went skill my first playthrough but they all feel slow and lame

The kirkhammer exists for perfectly timed hits that let you destroy nearly any enemy in a single blow like a folklore demolition worker.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

SubponticatePoster posted:

I've got 4 completed playthroughs and never had an issue. Hopefully your HDD isn't making GBS threads the bed :ohdear:

you've completed dragon age inquisition four (4) times?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

veni veni veni posted:

That would be nice if that was how share play worked.

Not that it would make a different with my crappy internet.

:psyduck:

That is literally how Share Play works. If your Internet is too bad to use Share Play you probably couldn't play Overcooked over the Internet anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Guillermus posted:

that's not a strength weapon. you're thinking of ludwig's holy blade, which actually has equal scaling in str/skill so you can do pretty much whatever you want with it. the moonlight sword is the one that shoots lasers from the dlc

they are pretty similar names tho

e: tho speaking of the dlc, the whirligig saw is pretty fast and super fun. it's one the the highest damage weapons in the game too and you can get it without fighting anything by just making a run to where it's lying in the first area

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 15, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Trick with the KH is to never leave HAMMER MODE :black101:

Guillermus posted:

HMS owns, but mostly for its untransformed moveset which has some incredible charged piercing attacks that stagger like a motherfucker. I almost never use the Arcane moveset for it.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 15, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

HMS is a strength weapon while the lasers are arc. I've never heard of anyone not taking a second combat stat and going 100% strength. Totally take HMS on a high str build, just give yourself enough arc to use tools and pump the lasers to the softcap.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Trick with the KH is to never leave HAMMER MODE :black101:

:yeah:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

That is literally how Share Play works. If your Internet is too bad to use Share Play you probably couldn't play Overcooked over the Internet anyway.

I actually thought share play only allowed you to stream to a friends PS4, giving them the controls. I didn't know it worked for 2 player games. I play online games all the time just fine.

Also 2 player is almost worthless in overcooked anyways.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 15, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Uncharted 3: I see the developer who hated helicopters has been replaced by a developer who hates ships, maybe even harder.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Uncharted 3: I see the developer who hated helicopters has been replaced by a developer who hates ships, maybe even harder.

I crack up every time I think about Uncharted 2's train level, where the helicopter blows up one of the train cars and as it tumbles along the tracks towards the rest of the train it speeds up like it's a monster trying to attack you. Physics be damned!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The docks and the cruise ship proper are goddamn amazing videogames.

Also, train-monster owns.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

fridge corn posted:

you've completed dragon age inquisition four (4) times?

Four races, three classes, seven waifus and three or four different ways to resolve each major quest. Makes sense if Bioware is your preferred style of sarcastic-quips-and-fantasy-romance simulator and you ignore the 70% of the game that is MMO filler.

Admittedly I've only done it once (for reference I've probably played DAO through 4-5 times) but that's because I have the kind of mental illness that makes me need to try and 100% a game and if you try that on DAI you'll give up in the Hinterlands.

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 15, 2018

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Seedge posted:

If you're hosting a share play session, you're sending a stream of your audio and video to the other player. It's basically the same as remote play, except that the client is another PS4 and you happen to be playing locally on the serving PS4 at the same time. That's gonna require more upload throughput than a typical online game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Oh hey I finally got one of those 'your year in review by Playstation'

The most hours I've spent in one game is titanfall 2 at 135 hours (I spent time in it in 2016 so it's not all fresh)

I spent 1435 hours playing Playstation games. A dang good year.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ineffiable posted:

Oh hey I finally got one of those 'your year in review by Playstation'

The most hours I've spent in one game is titanfall 2 at 135 hours (I spent time in it in 2016 so it's not all fresh)

I spent 1435 hours playing Playstation games. A dang good year.

I saw this post and scoffed to myself thinking "no way Sony would ever send me an email that isn't a receipt" but I went to check anyway and it was there! I think this is the first non-receipt they've sent me in years.

My top 3 games are Friday the 13th (317 hours), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (231 hours), and Persona 5 (219 hours).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Policenaut posted:

I saw this post and scoffed to myself thinking "no way Sony would ever send me an email that isn't a receipt" but I went to check anyway and it was there! I think this is the first non-receipt they've sent me in years.

My top 3 games are Friday the 13th (317 hours), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (231 hours), and Persona 5 (219 hours).

Yeah you know we've been some of the people that never get those emails and the discounts and newsletters.

I think they finally fixed something on their side. Sony is improving! 2018 should be a good year. Probably not as good as last year cause we got horizon and persona 5 and two yakuza games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Feenix posted:

Anyone know how to do a Dragon Rush? The training is asking me to do one and then do a move but it only tells me how to do the 2nd move. No Dragon Rush listed in the special moves list, so I assume it's a basic universal move of some kind...

You might have figured it out by now but it's R1 by default

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah you know we've been some of the people that never get those emails and the discounts and newsletters.

I think they finally fixed something on their side. Sony is improving! 2018 should be a good year. Probably not as good as last year cause we got horizon and persona 5 and two yakuza games.

I still didn't get anything so idk about fixing anything

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

NieR.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That doesn’t make sense to me though since I got endings A-E in Nier Automata and I’m pretty sure that took more than 28 hours.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

That doesn’t make sense to me though since I got endings A-E in Nier Automata and I’m pretty sure that took more than 28 hours.

Yeah it can be a little weird. It claims the first platinum I got on 2017 was from the batman game. Pretty sure I earned other platinums before that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

the intern they got to set this up is the only person at the company that likes the vita

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they'd send me one of those. I wonder if I opted out of non receipt emails like a decade ago and forgot or something.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Uncharted 3:

- This is a tough one, but the Employee Of The Month Award goes to the mook that comes out flying off the crashing airplane shooting at Drake. That's dedication.

- Even considering all the dumb things Nathan did during all previous games, crashing on a desert with absolutely no backup plan takes the cake. I get that he expected to be dropped closer to the city, but come on.

- What a good horse :3:

- I'm glad I played on Easy from the beginning this time because that hallucination bit would be a pain in any higher difficulty

- Despite being pretty much an extended QTE sequence, I actually enjoyed this bossfight!

- And that's another ancient city sunken.

Well, after Uncharted 2: gently caress Trains & Helicopters and Uncharted 3: gently caress Ships & Planes, I wonder which mode of transportation will incur the wrath of Naughty Dog in 4. Can't wait to see those graphics too, I remember that game getting a lot of positive rep for its visuals.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Uncharted 3:

- This is a tough one, but the Employee Of The Month Award goes to the mook that comes out flying off the crashing airplane shooting at Drake. That's dedication.

- Even considering all the dumb things Nathan did during all previous games, crashing on a desert with absolutely no backup plan takes the cake. I get that he expected to be dropped closer to the city, but come on.

- What a good horse :3:

- I'm glad I played on Easy from the beginning this time because that hallucination bit would be a pain in any higher difficulty

- Despite being pretty much an extended QTE sequence, I actually enjoyed this bossfight!

- And that's another ancient city sunken.

Well, after Uncharted 2: gently caress Trains & Helicopters and Uncharted 3: gently caress Ships & Planes, I wonder which mode of transportation will incur the wrath of Naughty Dog in 4. Can't wait to see those graphics too, I remember that game getting a lot of positive rep for its visuals.

jeeps.

also turn off motiion blur in uc4

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the saw cleaver is not slow. i mean its not fast but its not slow are you thinking of the hunters axe or i am very confused, or maybe those were separate thoughts presented in a way to make them seem together

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah I guess I will try timing with the kirkhammer better. Right now I need to relearn parrying so I can get past Gascoigne, so the hammer mode isn't seeing much use

rabidsquid posted:

the saw cleaver is not slow. i mean its not fast but its not slow are you thinking of the hunters axe or i am very confused, or maybe those were separate thoughts presented in a way to make them seem together

My first playthrough's top weapons were threaded cane/blade of mercy/reiterpallasch so I am speaking relatively

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its never a bad idea to relearn parrying but you can smoke father g with just the music box and viscerals.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

rabidsquid posted:

its never a bad idea to relearn parrying but you can smoke father g with just the music box and viscerals.

I beat Gascoigne on my first run with the Kirkhammer set to smash mode while I ran around in a mad frenzy. It wasn't ideal, but it got the job done. I didn't learn to parry until I was playing old hunters and even then it was just because I had totally ignored the mechanic thinking it wasn't central to my Bloodborne experience (which was just smashing monsters with a tombstone).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i will admit i spend a shameful amount of my bloodborne play lunging from ten thousand miles away with LHB in transformed mode. its not my fault that attack has the range of a spear and that everything takes massive damage from piercing. you put piercing on a greatsword and you see what happens

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

Well, after Uncharted 2: gently caress Trains & Helicopters and Uncharted 3: gently caress Ships & Planes, I wonder which mode of transportation will incur the wrath of Naughty Dog in 4.

I've always liked Natalya's line to Bond in Goldeneye after the latest one has blown up on them. "What IS it with you and moving vehicles?"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

"If I have to climb one more wall..."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samuringa posted:

Can't wait to see those graphics too, I remember that game getting a lot of positive rep for its visuals.

It was the best-looking PS4 game until Horizon, and it's still a really close call between them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I still couldn't choose which one looks better. probably the 2 nicest looking games ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I need something to tide me over until Monster Hunter is released, hit me with your worst.