Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Too many editing options to pick just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Hamshears has quickly become my favorite drat comic in this thread. So precious :kimchi:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2005 Spiderman

The Amazing Spider-Hulk

Magnificatz

The Spirit of the Staircase

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Was there ever a point where Spiderman newspaper comics weren't insane, barely-comprehensible comedy sketches? This thing with Kraven is really stupid, and keeps getting stupider, but I know for a fact that this isn't even the stupidest it's been.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well if Bad Machinery is a webcomic it doesn't belong here. But I also firmly believe Working Daze doesn't belong here and a certain twit posts it religiously anyway, and we also have to deal with Magnificatz, which looks and smells webcomic to me, and a couple others, so at this point I guess the so-called rules are "gently caress it whatever" until someone tries to post Ctrl Alt Delete.

At least Bad Machinery is pretty good. Though you quickly notice the characters are all a bit samey as nearly every strip follows a certain structure where whoever is at hand kind of takes the piss in the last panel or so with a sly smile and quickly constructed sarcastic hyperbole or wacky conjecture of some kind, it's still generally funny.

Can someone remind me who creates The Creeps so I can try my very hardest to find a print collection to buy?

And I find Prof. Filutek delightful by the way. Historical and not American: the two quick tickets to my adoration.

Some Guy TT won't you please keep dropping in Tracksuit and Mother From Another Country?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

SuperKlaus posted:

Well if Bad Machinery is a webcomic it doesn't belong here. But I also firmly believe Working Daze doesn't belong here and a certain twit posts it religiously anyway, and we also have to deal with Magnificatz, which looks and smells webcomic to me, and a couple others, so at this point I guess the so-called rules are "gently caress it whatever" until someone tries to post Ctrl Alt Delete.
Magnificatz is on Gocomics, which the last thread decided made things fair game. But it feels webcomic-y because it apparently was a webcomic before getting picked up by gocomics. Then again, so was Spirit of the Staircase. :v:

I also started posting it on a whim, and after seeing a bunch of strips am in the "art's cool, jokes range from okay to bleh" camp. Not that it's going to stop me from :justpost:ing it.

SpacePig posted:

Was there ever a point where Spiderman newspaper comics weren't insane, barely-comprehensible comedy sketches? This thing with Kraven is really stupid, and keeps getting stupider, but I know for a fact that this isn't even the stupidest it's been.
If I remember the really old(70s/80s, iirc) strips someone posted once, the answer is 'no'.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Haifisch posted:

Magnificatz is on Gocomics, which the last thread decided made things fair game. But it feels webcomic-y because it apparently was a webcomic before getting picked up by gocomics.

Magnificatz also seems awfully close to being a ripoff of Two Lumps, even down to specific jokes, which I find hard to get past. (I'm not saying don't post it, just explaining why it's one of the ones that I pretty much scroll past.)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

...because of reasons.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

And I find Prof. Filutek delightful by the way. Historical and not American: the two quick tickets to my adoration.

You’re in luck then, as we have a solid 55 years to go, which, according to my rough calculations, is around 2700 strips and we’re at, like, number six.

Prof. Filutek (March 14th 1948)

Karl May was a XIX-century German career criminal and young-adult novel writer, obsessed with the Wild West. His books were popular throughout Europe for over a hundred years, also during my childhood in the eighties. No idea how known Winnetou is in North America.

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 15, 2018

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Yvonmukluk posted:

Glad to hear it!

I'm interested to hear what you thought it would be, actually.
I thought it would be a sort of teen soap strip but more lighthearted. I didn't really have a clear idea, but I did not expect satellites to fall from the sky and weird shadow creatures floating through the woods and things like that.

SpacePig posted:

Ham Shears was always one of my favorites generally, but him responding earnestly to Jill's attempts at jokes will always be my favorite gag from them.

Also, we're very rapidly approaching my favorite character, the neighbor with a complaint.
Yeah same here. I remember that one now and it got me again.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Maybe lay off the muffins too. You guys just plowed through all those last night, apparently.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Blessed be his name.

Rex Morgan MD

I would not hire a lawyer that wears shirts like that. That's all I'm saying.

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SpacePig posted:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BC

Phoebe and her Unicorn

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace

Curtis

And because it absolutely rules, here's today's Slylock Fox as a bonus

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 11, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 28, 1930)

Lil' Abner (January 24, 1938)

Barney Google (May 28, 1923)

Alley Oop (August 27, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (August 22, 1935)

Dickie Dare (October 5, 1933)

Bringing Up Father (February 5, 1940)

Krazy Kat (February 4, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (February 4, 1937)

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

drat those are fine cowboys

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Haha! My coworker is irresponsibly drunk at the office!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Vargo posted:

"Yo, men!"

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Vargo posted:

Yomen, there's no need to feel down
I said, yomen, pick yourself off the ground

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Vargo posted:

Its Nemoy. Only Spock can save them.

It makes just as much sense...

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I choose to believe that after Slylock released them from their hypnosis they went on to become the champions of the rodeo, but afterwards they went back to Count Weirdly’s place because they were having a really good time

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The sign was missing an E. They're both Yeomen, freeholders, citizens who own small plots of land.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens featuring

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The Kevin and Kell world of "oh they're the bad ones who hunt down other animals. We're the good ones" will never not be hosed up and make me want to shake the man coming up with this for a good 5 minutes.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
An update on Bizarro:

Dan Piraro posted:

Most of you Jazz Pickles are up to speed about what’s been happening at Rancho Bizarro lately but for those who are not––since January 1, I’m only writing and drawing the Sunday cartoons and my good friend and longtime collaborator, Wayno, is drawing the Monday through Saturday cartoons. We sometimes collaborate on the concepts for the weekday gags, but Wayno’s doing the heavy lifting (of pencils, pens, kneaded erasers, glasses of wine, etc.) With a little practice, you should be able to tell the difference between our drawing styles and our signatures. (Hint: his signature starts with a “W”)

Piraro mentioned some time ago that he was headed into retirement. Everyone that's followed the strip for long enough may have noticed some "political" strips dotted in with his regular zaniness, which I saw an uptick in after he announced his original retirement plans. I guess that's normal for a cartoonist when you start running out of fucks to give.

Anyway, the new guy has been collaborating with Piraro for some time. I didn't even notice the switchover had happened until I saw the blog post about it. If you've been iffy on the direction the strip has been going, this might be the time to pay attention to it again.

And while I'm at it, a shoutout to Manuel Calavera for reguarly posting Bizarro. To everyone else, too, for keeping this thread going for so long!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (November 18, 1930)

Peanuts (January 18, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Cobra Carson, Two-Fisted Sheepherder

Out Our Way (February 23-24, 1931)

Thimble Theater (August 7, 1931)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Professor Wayne posted:

Ham Shears

The Creeps
If it's not too much trouble, could you post the dates with these in future? It makes it easier to find them on GoComics.

SuperKlaus posted:

Can someone remind me who creates The Creeps so I can try my very hardest to find a print collection to buy?
Jean Floch. As far as I can tell, there's no print collection. I can't even find any information about the author.

Haifisch posted:

Magnificatz is on Gocomics, which the last thread decided made things fair game.
It's been the rule for a lot longer than that. At least as far back as thread 10 in 2009.

A barber strip with no signs? What's even the point?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

RandomPauI posted:

The sign was missing an E. They're both Yeomen, freeholders, citizens who own small plots of land.

Ye o' men?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Vargo posted:

This is pretty rad, as capers go. Slylock should jut let this play out.

Wasn't this snagged directly from one of the Not Newspaper Spider-Men?

Mom and Dad? I thought Rusty always used to call them Mark and Cherry.

Yeah, this.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
They must have gotten a ghost writer for this one, they made Tiffany too plainly sympathetic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Mom and Dad? I thought Rusty always used to call them Mark and Cherry.
I don't know how long it was after he took over, but James Allen just switched to having Rusty call them "mom" and "dad" without explanation or fanfare. They had already legally adopted him during Jackelrod's time, but he always called them by name until Allen took over.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows it's the little things.

Working Daze has a heaping helping of yellow goop.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix will never lie to you.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

God drat, I thought she had a boob job on first glance at this comic. Who thought that elbow was a good idea?!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Of course he can't work out, then he might have TWO interests. :monocle:

You can also tell Reddick has never stepped foot in a gym himself because people spend approximately 0 time looking at other people in the gym.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

On today's Bad Machinery: A day worth commemorating.

I only just noticed you get to see Shauna in her new coat in the 3rd panel of the 3rd strip, that's a nice detail.

Next time, there's a shocking character revelation! Can you guess what it is?

Johnny Walker posted:

I thought it would be a sort of teen soap strip but more lighthearted. I didn't really have a clear idea, but I did not expect satellites to fall from the sky and weird shadow creatures floating through the woods and things like that.
Ah, I can see why you might get that impression if you weren't familiar with Allison's other work (which is also set in Tackleford).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Beetle Bailey

Between Friends

Frog Applause

Heathcliff

Mary Worth

Reply All