Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Can confirm you have bad opinions in this matter but fortunately yeah the sword and shield is just unbelievably superior as things stand, I'm still hoping that spears get something like Block back because that was an incredibly cool rule.
In 30k, the spears get extra attacks on a 6 to hit. They also get +1S and AP2 on the charge while the swords are always AP3 with rending. The spears are also rad as hell while the swords are doofy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
We're seeing the chapter tactics equivalent tomorrow. Hopefully it will make spears better even without a stat change. They're objectively much, much cooler.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

So, basically finished my baseline display. Thoughts?

Should I glue the entire thing to a base board or keep it modular?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Uroboros posted:

You need to link the image, not the gallery. Looks good! I'd probably keep it modular assuming you need to transport it anywhere. A stack of 1x1 tiles is way easier to move than a 2x3 board. Also opens you up to getting a bunch more tiles and building an entire board of it.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
x-post

Two Beans posted:

finished the champ of tzeentch

edit: just noticed and fixed that gold spot on the backpack.

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 16, 2018

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

PierreTheMime posted:

Hey all DC area hams, I’m planning to have time on the 21st of January for a game or two. Where’s a good place to plan for a game, who is interested, how big/competitive a list would you prefer I bring, and what army should I bring?

Tyranid are my thing, but they don’t pack as well as Death Guard. Really I’m just eager to meet some posters and get some battle in on my business/family road trip so I’m fine with whatever.

I'm available that day. The two nicest stores in the area are Games n Stuff in Glen Burnie MD, or Huzzah Hobbies in Sterling VA. Either are great places to get a game and easily drivable for me. I prefer Huzzah, but that's probably my Virginia bias. I'd love to get a game in!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Very cool, man. I love that purple!

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Uroboros posted:

That is one of the best display boards I've seen. it's uncluttered and pretty. It's also something that hasn't been done to death, while still fitting the army perfectly.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 16, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'm available that day. The two nicest stores in the area are Games n Stuff in Glen Burnie MD, or Huzzah Hobbies in Sterling VA. Either are great places to get a game and easily drivable for me. I prefer Huzzah, but that's probably my Virginia bias. I'd love to get a game in!

I haven't been to Huzzah. How do they compared to G&S?

EDIT: Oh look, it's an hour away. JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uroboros posted:

Keep it modular so you can link it up to that bridge that the SKULL ARMY rhinos are trundling across

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

I didn't see it mentioned, but the room blocks for NOVA are on sale now. If you're planning on staying at the Hyatt for NOVA, stop what you're doing and go get a room, they will sell out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

I didn't see it mentioned, but the room blocks for NOVA are on sale now. If you're planning on staying at the Hyatt for NOVA, stop what you're doing and go get a room, they will sell out.

I just grabbed one. No penalty if I cancel and I figured it would be better than driving home each night.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't get the newsletter for some reason.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

The spears are also rad as hell while the swords are doofy as gently caress.

Yeah, but the swords are gunblades so the Imperiums finest soldiers get to be more like Squall from FF VIII.

:colbert:

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
"Amon! What's your status?"
"..."
"Are you there? Amon?"
"..."

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is it just my computer or is the games workshop website absolutely shite? I could swear it logs me on to a different country every time I visit it.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Entropy238 posted:

Is it just my computer or is the games workshop website absolutely shite? I could swear it logs me on to a different country every time I visit it.

Yeah, it's utterly poo poo. Don't fail to notice that it returns you to the homepage and empties your basket when you switch countries!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Entropy238 posted:

It's really bad. Their old one was fine, I have no idea why they changed to this.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Entropy238 posted:

Yeah it's cool how you can log on and see another country's inventory only for the thing you want to be out of stock in your's.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Questions for Admech players here regarding Dunecrawlers:

1) Do you glue them to their bases? I'm not ever going to be playing in a competitive setting, but I've got the bases hanging around and it looks like a pain in the rear end to decorate something that big.
2) Extra stubbers always?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That is one of the best display boards I've seen. it's uncluttered and pretty. It's also something that hasn't been done to death, while still fitting the army perfectly.

Thanks, it’s more about it being in my skill set, I’m not particularly crafty, so something like what Boon is working on feels like a bridge to far. I will likely add to it in the future, but it is serviceable as it is.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Deleter posted:

1) Do you glue them to their bases? I'm not ever going to be playing in a competitive setting, but I've got the bases hanging around and it looks like a pain in the rear end to decorate something that big.

Yes, mine are on bases. I think they'd look weird not on them. Think of the big base as a chance to get creative with it - I used some of the Imperial Sector pipes and some resin bits from the old 40k Basing Set:

You can probably do more.

Extra stubbers are a decent use of 5pts but I don't always take them, there's not that much granularity in the Ad Mech book so sometimes they have to go.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm considering making a Khorne-marked renegade CSM army, because that "charge after advancing" trait coupled with rerolling charges is brutal.

But working out a colour scheme that isn't just "red and brass" is tough.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

Mine are also on bases. I usually take the Stubbers, but only if I have the points.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm considering making a Khorne-marked renegade CSM army, because that "charge after advancing" trait coupled with rerolling charges is brutal.

Check out the old Khorne Daemonkin book. It had a bunch of decent alternate schemes that made use of black and white

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They really hate the idea of people buying their Triumvirate boxes separately don't they?

Imperium- $80
Cawl- $55
Celestine- $55
Inq Carfax- $25

Primarch- $90
Roboute- $60
Cypher- $35
Grey Knight- $35

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Unironically I think bone-white with some type of silver trim (or just all bone though that might be bland) would be cool. Go for the "skulls" angle, instead of the "blood." It would be super fast/easy to paint too and with a wash and some mild highlights would look nice. If you want to fully nerd it up you could go with Skullman colors. Call them the Skull-Lords or something silly and 40kish.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They really hate the idea of people buying their Triumvirate boxes separately don't they?

Imperium- $80
Cawl- $55
Celestine- $55
Inq Carfax- $25

Primarch- $90
Roboute- $60
Cypher- $35
Grey Knight- $35

It's normal to price bundles more cheaply than buying the individual items, yes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They really like the idea of people buying their Triumvirate boxes so they spend more to get two models they don't really need but it's a better 'value', don't they?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I mean no one needs anything from GW, the worth of those boxes, and every kit they sell, it determined by how much you want to possess expensive plastic miniatures. There really isn't a single model in any of those boxes I wouldn't enjoy owning, honestly. GF ha wanted to paint Celestine and Shadowfax forever and I need Caul for my future AdMech army so maybe I'll pick up that box some time.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
You can go to eBay and buy them.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
I have a question on plasma, well, technically Ork's version of it. Let's say I load a Grot mega tank with 7 Kustom Mega Blastas on it's turrets, and I roll seven 1s... am I taking 1 or 7 mortal wounds? I'm not sure if the wording makes it apply for every shot, gun, model, or unit.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
New Custodes article is up:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/16/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-2-troopsgw-homepage-post-2/

Apparently all infantry and bikers will have at worst a 4+ invuln save due to a new rule called Sworn Guardians that gives a +1 to invulns on top of the base 5+ to a maximum of a 3++ (so no stacking with the storm shields)
That certainly does make the decision between the spears and swords a bit more challenging from a rules perspective. Oh, and a 6+ against mortal wounds caused int the psychic phase.

Those bikes are going to be insanely hard to kill. Presumably T6 4W with a 2+4++ and jetbike level mobility. I'm guessing we'll see something like 150PPM

Pendent fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 16, 2018

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Entropy238 posted:

They've had the same localisation problem for over 10 years

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from the progress thread because this model is 40k as heck:

Safety Factor posted:

Crozius update:

Still some cleanup, sanding, and other junk to do, but the crozius is more or less done. I used a contemptor melee arm so the dreadnought would have an actual hand instead of the dumb MkIV claw. I still had to buy the claw to get the shoulder mount though. :v: I also had to migrate the arm-mounted heavy flamer to the torso, but I think I came up with a decent work around. The plan is to magnetize the right arm between an inferno cannon (30k option) and a plasma cannon. Might also pick up a lascannon down the line, but that's good enough for now.

The crozius isn't an option though. It's mandatory. :colbert:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Pendent posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/16/adeptus-custodes-preview-part-2-troopsgw-homepage-post-2/

Apparently all infantry and bikers will have at worst a 4+ invuln save due to a new rule called Sworn Guardians that gives a +1 to invulns on top of the base 5+ to a maximum of a 3++ (so no stacking with the storm shields)
That certainly does make the decision between the spears and swords a bit more challenging from a rules perspective. Oh, and a 6+ against mortal wounds caused int the psychic phase.

Those bikes are going to be insanely hard to kill. Presumably T6 4W with a 2+4++ and jetbike level mobility. I'm guessing we'll see something like 150PPM

You missed the far more important super opsec jetbikes.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

spears having a 4++ and access to a 1cp +wound stratagem definitely saves them as an option. Wounding the biggest things your opponent can field on 4+.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Can't tell if Custodes are going to be fun but crap or game-breaking. All depends on those point costs.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I'd be excited, but I am still committed to catching up on my Primaris backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

Can't tell if Custodes are going to be fun but crap or game-breaking. All depends on those point costs.

In the past I would shrug and say it's almost certainly game-breaking, but who knows with this new GW. Ideally you have people complaining on both sides, which means it's balanced.