Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome! posted:

how the gently caress do you have 21 lich kills? ive found 4 after getting 2 character to 91

I had 6 in the first week (pre-buff) and 2 in the 3-4 weeks since the buff lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm almost at having 2 level 90s and I've had 3 kills total :smith:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Does anyone know how static strike interacts with ancestral call support? I know the initial hit works as expected, but does it also mean I get three different discharges per attack?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Awesome! posted:

how the gently caress do you have 21 lich kills? ive found 4 after getting 2 character to 91

I'm 94, would be 95 if I bothered to pay attention and not die. I mostly do red maps trying to get elder to spawn, then his maps

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I suspect in the end I'm going to have to spend the 6ex or whatever it takes to just buy that damned 2-socked challenge.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fister Roboto posted:

Does anyone know how static strike interacts with ancestral call support? I know the initial hit works as expected, but does it also mean I get three different discharges per attack?

doesnt ss have the aoe tag? ac shouldn't work with that

also sorry for starting the trading dferail, I just really hate buying maps because so many people just ignore trade requests

Harbinger was a perfect league, I miss Horbs and Hororbs :smith:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Qwertycoatl posted:

I suspect in the end I'm going to have to spend the 6ex or whatever it takes to just buy that damned 2-socked challenge.

http://poe.trade/search/kokosabumoyasi

Looks like they're only going up now. You could get it for 4ex a week or two ago

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ultima66 posted:

Player interaction meme

E: The trade immediately before this someone asked to buy a 20c item and put 15c in the window and claimed it was an accident when I pointed it out.
I've had two Russians this league whisper me asking to buy my item and they're not even on a character in the same league they want to buy it from.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ghostlight posted:

I've had two Russians this league whisper me asking to buy my item and they're not even on a character in the same league they want to buy it from.

i did that once because i had standard set on trade by accident

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
I finally decided to not be a loving idiot and actually finish the base game in HC.

Best part: Trying to buy a granite flask for 30 minutes straight, then going on without a granite flask, pondering if there should be a vendor-recipe for that.
Because trading is good as it is.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

George posted:

Anyone who thinks PoE's design is too 1998 should honestly and sincerely give D3 try. It's a great game that addresses everything that made you bounce off of this one.

Anyone who thinks the game is too 1998 should try actually playing a game from that era. Hell, D2:LoD is significantly more modern and it'd be interesting to see people's heads exploding at the "WuW?" "WuG?" trading mechanics.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

regulargonzalez posted:

Anyone who thinks the game is too 1998 should try actually playing a game from that era. Hell, D2:LoD is significantly more modern and it'd be interesting to see people's heads exploding at the "WuW?" "WuG?" trading mechanics.

yeah I confess to having massive rose glasses, but I only wear them everytime the Eastern Sun thread gets bumped (and once I install and play for a few minutes I throw them out the window with my monitor)

good times

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I finally decided to not be a loving idiot and actually finish the base game in HC.

Best part: Trying to buy a granite flask for 30 minutes straight, then going on without a granite flask, pondering if there should be a vendor-recipe for that.

Granite flask is a quest reward from the optional quest 'Silver Locket' in act 7. There is also a vendor recipe: Vendor a topaz + sapphire + ruby flask of iron skin.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jan 16, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And for anyone curious, this game has a lot of vendor recipes: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have 28 lich kills. 6 characters past 85, 2 past 90.

Unless I bought the kills from 820 I would likely die from old age first.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
How much are the dual socket Tombfists?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

lucifirius posted:

How much are the dual socket Tombfists?

Id'd 1.5-2 ex. Unid'd closer to 7

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Jusupov posted:

Id'd 1.5-2 ex. Unid'd closer to 7

Ah gently caress.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

Granite flask is a quest reward from the optional quest 'Silver Locket' in act 7. There is also a vendor recipe: Vendor a topaz + sapphire + ruby flask of iron skin.

I knew the act 7 one, but id very much like one before that, preferably lvl 1, before Hillock.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I've just realized, how do I even get guardian maps? Do they drop like regular maps from t14 bosses / t15 maps or is there something special?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

West007 posted:

I've just realized, how do I even get guardian maps? Do they drop like regular maps from t14 bosses / t15 maps or is there something special?

I think normal map drop rules apply, i.e. can drop ifdropping mob is within level range of target tier and one of these conditions is true:

.) completed
.) adjacent to current map
.) T1

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

West007 posted:

they are regular maps OP

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I knew the act 7 one, but id very much like one before that, preferably lvl 1, before Hillock.

Granite flasks require level 27, so good luck with that.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Eminai posted:

Yes i know, id still love a lvl1 one.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eminai posted:

your avatar is like a badge of honor

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

"friction"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe someone already said this but the reason you had problems buying a granite flask is it is late in the league, it's available from quests and vendors, and it's usually not worth people's time to leave a map to sell you something for a chrome or whatever.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Maybe someone already said this but the reason you had problems buying a granite flask is it is late in the league, it's available from quests and vendors, and it's usually not worth people's time to leave a map to sell you something for a chrome or whatever.

Pretty sure thats the case, and one problem that could be solved by some form of asynchronous trading.
Not even talking about an AH, but an NPC you load stuff on which players can go to and buy poo poo if you cant be arsed...

Or maybe automatic unlisting of items after X days.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well. You are saying there is a problem. But there isn't a problem.

As has been mentioned the flask you seek is already available from vendors.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

euphronius posted:

Well. You are saying there is a problem. But there isn't a problem.

As has been mentioned the flask you seek is already available from vendors.

Finding three different resist flasks and then throwing 50 alts, on average, at them is not what I'd consider a useful way to get a utility flask that people are selling for 10 alts. Ymmv.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh I didn't know she wanted a specific affix.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If you spend more time on poe.trade then in game maybe you should :gitgud:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

euphronius posted:

Oh I didn't know she wanted a specific affix.

What? The thing that I'm talking about is how you get a white granite flask. You need a topaz, ruby, and sapphire flask, and they all need to have iron skin. That's how you get it from a vendor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know I misinterpreted your comment.

I apologize.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Sometimes I honestly wonder how people have such trouble trading to the point where they spend 30 minutes without luck. There are 691 granite flasks for sale on hc and you're telling me you couldn't buy any of them? We're you refusing to buy one with a chaos or just spending 5 minutes between pms before moving on to the next listing?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Despair posted:

Sometimes I honestly wonder how people have such trouble trading to the point where they spend 30 minutes without luck. There are 691 granite flasks for sale on hc and you're telling me you couldn't buy any of them? We're you refusing to buy one with a chaos or just spending 5 minutes between pms before moving on to the next listing?

i copy paste the first one, give him 5-10 seconds to respond, then try the next.
i literally did that for like 20 minutes straight, got myself a coffee and did some more until 30 minutes were gone and in the end i had recieved no answer save afk/dnd autoreplies.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You should a) just copy/paste as fast as possible, not wait for a response b) start much further up the page when trying to get stuff that is mega common.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

You should a) just copy/paste as fast as possible, not wait for a response b) start much further up the page when trying to get stuff that is mega common.

I still think instead of having to develop strategy guides to buy an item, maybe trade could be simplified to the point where you can just buy an item you want to buy.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can. You don't even need to trade.

Like I'd understand your pov more if you weren't talking about a vendor item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Items matter.