Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Fenix would be a clear fit (I dare not dream).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shabadu posted:

We're off the maps of leaks by now aren't we? I could see some of the other Diablo 3 prime evils being Kaijo material.

Not completely. The current leaks have Mal’Ganis and some Diablo guy left (I don’t play Diablo so idk his deal). After that there’s no more leaks/rumors that I know of

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I love that the teaser screenshots have the Japanese TV Timestamp in the top corner.

Also:
https://twitter.com/DannyPage/status/951842843831697408

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Not completely. The current leaks have Mal’Ganis and some Diablo guy left (I don’t play Diablo so idk his deal). After that there’s no more leaks/rumors that I know of
Those are less verified so far. That leak has only been proven right by predicting Firebat, which almost everyone was doing anyways.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Firebat was on the same leak as Hanzo/Alex, though the order ended up being different. An :siren: insider source :siren: has suggested that the Belial/Mal'Ganis leak is full of poo poo.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Good. Going Mal’Ganis instead of interesting demons that got recent spotlights in WoW (Kil’jaeden and Varimathras being the big ones) would be boring, if perfectly in line with the devs’ hardon for Warcraft 3.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Dire Human posted:

Good. Going Mal’Ganis instead of interesting demons that got recent spotlights in WoW (Kil’jaeden and Varimathras being the big ones) would be boring, if perfectly in line with the devs’ hardon for Warcraft 3.

Please don't put burning throne varimathras and "interesting" in the same sentence. This is violence.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Zhulik posted:

Please don't put burning throne varimathras and "interesting" in the same sentence. This is violence.

It’s very Interesting when the raid’s MM Hunter wants to get one more Aimed Shot off and dies to the healing debuff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tyrael got reworked and it mostly looks like buffs. He was balanced before so who knows what the outcome will be.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21349578/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-january-16-2018-1-16-2018

Regen master deleted but he got a sweet sustain talent on 4 so he can still be a fun QM pick.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I just wrote a big-rear end effortpost about Blaze's strengths and weaknesses for those interested.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

quote:

Hanzo & Leoric: Fixed an issue causing Towers to spawn if Leoric was directly impacted by Sonic Arrow.

:psyduck:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

Tyrael got reworked and it mostly looks like buffs. He was balanced before so who knows what the outcome will be.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21349578/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-january-16-2018-1-16-2018

Regen master deleted but he got a sweet sustain talent on 4 so he can still be a fun QM pick.

Assuming his new level 1 regen won't scale? Looks like it'll be nuts early game then become pretty meh as the game goes on.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

bamhand posted:

Assuming his new level 1 regen won't scale? Looks like it'll be nuts early game then become pretty meh as the game goes on.

It scales. Also Smite build shits out scads of damage.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnTZMORm8u8

Video of said bug

Kyrosiris posted:

Man, don't get my hopes up, Yoggy would be awesome.

Yogg should be an entire map, imo. No idea how that would work I just want to have a big battle on top of an insane old god

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

edit: :argh: ^^^

Heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfKk-OxAP2A&t=57s

Reminder that lazy programmers often shortcut implementation of new feature X by putting in invisible/reskinned tried & tested feature Y:

quote:

“A lot of stuff behind the scenes that you wouldn’t expect to be a spell in WoW runs using the spell system,” he said. “Spells need casters, so we often have to rely on spawning in an invisible creature to be the one to actually ‘cast’ the spell. Other things that creatures are good at doing would be hard to implement any other way, so we use an invisible creature instead.”

“The ‘point’ of this laser turret is actually an invisible creature that is following a player with [a] laser visual and beam attached,” Chapman said. “It’s periodically casting fire zone spells.”

Sometimes they are bunnies. Sometimes they are visible from certain angles:

I think, when Leoric's previous model goes from channeling-wraith-walk model to ragdoll-dead-body model, it also iterates the invisible-bunny-AKA-sonic-arrow model by the same number, which happens to land on "Small tower" :v:

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 16, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

This is kinda funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI58vdkDnoM

Level 20 is supposed to be a power spike, but this is just funny

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

BrianBoitano posted:

This is kinda funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI58vdkDnoM

Level 20 is supposed to be a power spike, but this is just funny

Honestly this isn't terribly different than Tassadar's Force Wall upgrade in terms of annoying displacement

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm genuinely surprised Holy Ground didn't get the axe.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kyrosiris posted:

I thought it'd get baselined at a lower level, like other must-pick talents. I guess 3-levels-earlier-but-25%-shorter works too.

Weird new teaser image:

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/952963612133408770

non-twitter version:

Might just be the mecha skins they released, could be a hero and/or event.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LiUsEOqcU More Blizzard sanctioned anime

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrianBoitano posted:

I thought it'd get baselined at a lower level, like other must-pick talents. I guess 3-levels-earlier-but-25%-shorter works too.

I dunno if they could've base-lined it, though; it's not like Wall of Zombies where there's kinda a way around it, it's more like Force Wall and Repulsion Field in that it's "bitch, move" with no counter, and those are ultimates.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The mecha skins are not gem only, in case anyone was worried.

omg noob tyrael picking judgement gg

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 16, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Guys the soundtrack spec for this animation has, and I quote, 'Anime as gently caress Metal'. Any idea what they actually want?"
(Guitarist nods grimly)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

No way, that ability is fun as heck to use for players of all skill levels, the devs like keeping and sometimes even baselining those. The duration reduction is good because it removes the degenerate use case (boss steals with a basic ability) while keeping the fun part.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like how that rework sounds. Gonna buy that Mecha Tyrael skin the moment it drops to 1600 shards :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

No Wave posted:

No way, that ability is fun as heck to use for players of all skill levels, the devs like keeping and sometimes even baselining those. The duration reduction is good because it removes the degenerate use case (boss steals with a basic ability) while keeping the fun part.

Oh, does the duration reduction make it so you can't pull those sorts of stunts anymore? That makes a lot more sense, then.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm curious if they worked with an outside studio for that. I can't imagine that was all done in house

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, does the duration reduction make it so you can't pull those sorts of stunts anymore? That makes a lot more sense, then.
I think I'm wrong. Boss caps feel way faster than 3 seconds. I guess you can't steal a nearly capped boss, but a totally neutral one might still be possible.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Abathur lvl 20 upgrade to ult evo 2 enemy heroes incoming :v:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I didn't realize the rehgar skin turned into a voltron for the ghost wolf

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I'm surprised this thread reached a consensus on Combustion being poo poo so quickly. In my experience it's pretty effective--if you can land it on 2+ targets, your team can just dive them and they can't get away, and it does a little chunk of damage too. Or, if the enemy team is diving you, it can be pretty easy to land on a bunch of people.

The self-slow makes it hard to use, but bunker is harder to use IMO. Bunker is great for blaze himself and has a lot of utility, but every time i drop one my dumbass teammates pile in. If HOTS was played by all SC2 pros, it would be amazing with people getting out to weave skillshots in and getting back in to dodge CC, but they're not. I even try to use it to tank a fort if we don't have minions but people still get in it (and then do 0 DPS to fort).

Personally when playing with lower MMR people I found combustion more useful. I think Grubby lists it as the preferred heroic in all his builds too. But we'll see as the hero gets more figured out I guess.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Butter Hole posted:

I'm surprised this thread reached a consensus on Combustion being poo poo so quickly. In my experience it's pretty effective--if you can land it on 2+ targets, your team can just dive them and they can't get away, and it does a little chunk of damage too. Or, if the enemy team is diving you, it can be pretty easy to land on a bunch of people.

The self-slow makes it hard to use, but bunker is harder to use IMO. Bunker is great for blaze himself and has a lot of utility, but every time i drop one my dumbass teammates pile in. If HOTS was played by all SC2 pros, it would be amazing with people getting out to weave skillshots in and getting back in to dodge CC, but they're not. I even try to use it to tank a fort if we don't have minions but people still get in it (and then do 0 DPS to fort).

Personally when playing with lower MMR people I found combustion more useful. I think Grubby lists it as the preferred heroic in all his builds too. But we'll see as the hero gets more figured out I guess.

Combustion is like Stage Dive if instead of leaping across the map, you nailed your dick to the bottom of your foot.

Also, Grubby is good but he's not always right.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kurieg posted:

"Guys the soundtrack spec for this animation has, and I quote, 'Anime as gently caress Metal'. Any idea what they actually want?"
(Guitarist nods grimly)

I need an mp3 of this song, it is ButtRock As Hell

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think bunker is better than combustion in the way that Zeratul is better than Nova. And I will happily take the Nova every time because I am not high GM.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kith posted:

Combustion is like Stage Dive if instead of leaping across the map, you nailed your dick to the bottom of your foot.

:five:

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Kith posted:

Also, Grubby is good but he's not always right.

McIntyre and other pros prefer combustion too. Not that their opinions are gospel--I'm speaking from my personal experience. Granted I was in QM and not in a competitive ranked game.

When I've landed combustion on 3 people and get a nice charge up it's almost always swung the teamfight in our favor. But, different strokes for different folks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

As someone who primarily plays backline heroes, I like Combustion for the same reason I like Shifting Sands on Chromie - being able to dictate "no, gently caress you, we're fighting right here" is powerful. I get that Bunker has uses but I've seen way more pivotal Combustions than I have Bunkers.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Combustion is instant though, they're very different ults.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Combustion is really, really, good. You don't need to charge it to full, just release when someone is about to make it out of the radius. Also bunker is loving trash unless your team is on comms and can coordinate what exactly your plan is. And then it's probably still not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Macaluso posted:

I'm curious if they worked with an outside studio for that. I can't imagine that was all done in house

The ~Blizz Insider~ in Discord thought it was Studio Trigger, but I didn't see anything confirming it.