Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Colostomy Bag posted:

Reading reddit, I was under the impression you were living in a cardboard box on the banks of a river and were penniless. Along with that you were without a heart and soul. So the Great Internet Warlord does have a softy spot. You need to add that to the foreword of your book to give Piper his proper due.

Oh yeah? Well prove that he didn't just break into somebody else's house and take a photo of somebody else's dog. You cannot, ergo Star Citizen is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Look at these scrubs. Keeping backers informed, being honest about what they're doing, meeting goals, releasing a game. :colbert:

quote:

We’re excited to report that the team hit their end-of-the-year goals and are on track for a great launch this year. While we don’t have a release date to announce yet, we definitely feel good about the state the game is in.

It’s an amazing feeling to have all the pieces in place and to finally play the game we imagined over two years ago! During the week between Christmas and New Years, we took a step back to review our progress and look for areas that need more attention and now we’re back in the thick of it, fixing bugs, balancing the game, PLAYING the game, and taking action to improve the experience day-by-day.

By and large, BATTLETECH is surprisingly close to the vision we originally pitched in the Kickstarter in September 2015. As anyone who’s made a video game can tell you, it’s incredibly rare to finish a game with all the features you envisioned when you start making it. So while we’re surprisingly close, we’re not perfect.

With release in sight in the next few months, we want to tell you about a few features that were part of our Kickstarter Campaign, but need to be delivered post-launch in order to focus development and testing as we move towards release.

Linux support
Legendary 'Mechs and MechWarriors
Ability to play different types of missions in Skirmish mode (The campaign itself still has plenty of mission types though.)
Some Valhalla-tier reward items (specifics TBD)
Famous character cameos in the campaign (a Social Mission Bonus from the Kickstarter Campaign.)
Famous AI Lances in Skirmish mode (another Social Mission Bonus from the Kickstarter Campaign.)
Rest assured that we are still committed to delivering these features after the game’s initial launch and at no additional charge to Backers.

https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/10734

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

This is amazing even by Galorox standards, god drat

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The Titanic posted:

You do such a great job. Never feel unappreciated for these. :)

The best thing is that it seems like SCs worst enemy has always been SC. Nobody knows what’s happening, and nobody seems to actually be thinking about these things. It’s a lot of times like the first time they’ve heard some of these questions, even after they were probably vetted out for being answered. There’s nobody that can just start rattling off the designs these guys should be in the know about.

Also, about the Inner Thought thing, I hope this ends up scaring their role playing crowd. Those guys and girls I bet are a silent majority hiding in the wings already playing sc and preparing for their timely entrances to the game proper as all kinds of people ready to dive into the Second Life aspect of the game.

At no point in my entire loving life has one of my inner monologues been “stay frosty”. Imagine how ridiculous it will be to know that inside your characters head, they have the brains of Chris Roberts and his amazing writing talent.

Stay frosty.

:lol:

Thanks!

You make a good point on the inner thought thing -
And not only is it Chris's inner thoughts, it needs another interaction system layered on top because it isn't fit for purpose in the first place

Its shortcomings as an interaction system are obvious at first glance and would have been clear to the programmers once they started to build it.

I find it weird, unsettling and nonsensical as a UI, when they add the interaction wheel it will be weird, unsettling and redundant.

I'm genuinely looking forward to more Calling All Devs! because they promise to be more damning than the 10FTCs were...

Lando had the right idea, get the questions directly to devs for unscripted answers, predictably and unfortunately the more of the reality of the project you see the worse it looks - which is the rule of thumb for Star Citizen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

*extremely David Attenborough voice*

"And here we see, the mother Diamondback return to the nest to feed her chicks..."

https://i.imgur.com/aB48u5L.gifv

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

Anyway, this is Piper. He is a 9yr old pure bred British Jack Russell terrier. We've had him since he was about 6 months old. He's a nutcase. In other words, a wahlord's best friend. :D

Your best work Uncle D

Galarox posted:

Thanks for this suggestion who-ever it was (I think it was Gorf)

from left to right Sean tracy, Calix Reneau, Tony Z, The Crobbles, The succubus, Matt Sherman, Dave Haddock

Yes and yes!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Even with cute doggo that's an unsettling perspective

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

Thanks!

You make a good point on the inner thought thing -
And not only is it Chris's inner thoughts, it needs another interaction system layered on top because it isn't fit for purpose in the first place

Its shortcomings as an interaction system are obvious at first glance and would have been clear to the programmers once they started to build it.

I find it weird, unsettling and nonsensical as a UI, when they add the interaction wheel it will be weird, unsettling and redundant.

I'm genuinely looking forward to more Calling All Devs! because they promise to be more damning than the 10FTCs were...

Lando had the right idea, get the questions directly to devs for unscripted answers, predictably and unfortunately the more of the reality of the project you see the worse it looks - which is the rule of thumb for Star Citizen.

"The Inner Thoughts Of Chris Roberts" sounds suitably strange.

I love your transcripts and take the liberty to post them on the ED SC forum. I do credit you for the fine work. I hope you don't mind.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

lol. Watched the whole thing. Now to sit back and wait for the inevitable Commando backlash. :suspense:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thoatse posted:

Even with cute doggo that's an unsettling perspective

A legal angle we hadn't considered.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
lol. My fave comment so far

Star Citizen: I wore out a mousepad waiting for this game

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
A Warlord in his natural habitat.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dooguk posted:

A Warlord in his natural habitat.

It makes a honey badger look like a tamed and domesticated animal.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

Wavey hands of Crobberts, very very fright'ning me
(Tickle Sandi), tickle Sandi, (tickle Sandi), tickle Sandi. Tickle Sandi janky floor clipping the doooor
I'm just a poor scrub, no pledging land rights
He's just a poor scrub, not a true Citizen
Make him sweep floors on this Andromeda
Easy jank, easy clip, will you let me parp?
Derek Smart! No, we will not let you parp
(Let him parp!) Derek Smart! We will not let you parp
(Let him parp!) Derek Smart! We will not let you parp
(Let me parp.) Will not let you parp
(Let me parp.) Will not let you parp. (Let me parp.) Ah
Parp, parp, parp, parp, parp, parp, parp

Holy loving lol :five:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dooguk posted:

"The Inner Thoughts Of Chris Roberts" sounds suitably strange.

I love your transcripts and take the liberty to post them on the ED SC forum. I do credit you for the fine work. I hope you don't mind.

Post away!

Transcripts are open source, using them in internet arguments is highly encouraged

The more people who see CIG's drivel the better

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Galarox posted:

from left to right Sean tracy, Calix Reneau, Tony Z, The Crobbles, The succubus, Matt Sherman, Dave Haddock

Holy gently caress :five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

Thread hero forever.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

SomethingJones posted:

Post away!

Transcripts are open source, using them in internet arguments is highly encouraged

The more people who see CIG's drivel the better

Thank you very much.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Hav posted:

A goon hero.

Seriously, Galarox deserves his own Photoshop Phriday

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
i skipped the last 420 posts or so; was there anything interesting that i missed that caused the thread name change?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Omniblivion posted:

i skipped the last 420 posts or so; was there anything interesting that i missed that caused the thread name change?

Derek posting pics of his doggo Piper Legal. :newlol:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Galarox posted:

Oh man!

:five::five::five::five::five:

Hilarious and surely this’ll prompt some laughs at CIG. Sandi’s the oddity since she’s the only one who gets to tell Chris “no” without fear but her inclusion is still great since this one was born to fly.

Forrest, Bender and Lando dodged the bullets here and are no doubt grateful!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 16, 2018

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

derek showing us a sweeter side with Legal is very endearing. i suppose the warlord giveth and taketh away

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Cry Engine said he who fought chaos with chaos, and let slip the dogs blogs of war...

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

no_recall posted:

We need do to some tie breaking, any ideas?

e: Ok here's an idea, Beet / theAgent / Beer, you wish to have the honors of playing Star Citizen on stream (if possible for 30 minutes). Within those 30 minutes if you glitch out and die for whatever reason, Baxta takes first place. If you don't then Crisp Roberts takes first place since his game is good and perfect. Also, If something spectacular happens during those same 30 minutes, tucutru takes 3rd, otherwise it goes to Dogeh. Sounds fair I think?

I feel like this would not be fair as it will glitch. My suggestion would be take the time stamp of the first crash. If this is an odd number, then Baxta wins. If it is an even number, then Crisp wins. You could also do this for 3rd and 4th place.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Nothing but sympathy for that poor dog, having to listen to every iteration of the July blog read out loud with emphasis.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The Titanic posted:

You do such a great job. Never feel unappreciated for these. :)

The best thing is that it seems like SCs worst enemy has always been SC. Nobody knows what’s happening, and nobody seems to actually be thinking about these things. It’s a lot of times like the first time they’ve heard some of these questions, even after they were probably vetted out for being answered. There’s nobody that can just start rattling off the designs these guys should be in the know about.

I would love to just be able to ask them "Describe the Mining loop, please", and have them answer it live.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sorry but please bring back the you cant take the lie from me title. it made me smile every time i saw it

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ok so - Goons who know better please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the whole offline/online thing with ED was resolved ages and ages ago after it caused a lot of stink and a lot of refunds when they said that offline wouldn't be part of the final product. How does this clown not know this?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Galarox posted:

Ok so - Goons who know better please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the whole offline/online thing with ED was resolved ages and ages ago after it caused a lot of stink and a lot of refunds when they said that offline wouldn't be part of the final product. How does this clown not know this?

Frontier really did handle it badly though.
They pretty much said as a totally throw away comment 'lol sorry guys no offline gently caress u' so I could understand at the time why folks were a bit salty about it.
But five loving years down the line, you have to let it go nerds

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

Anyway, this is Piper. He is a 9yr old pure bred British Jack Russell terrier. We've had him since he was about 6 months old. He's a nutcase. In other words, a wahlord's best friend. :D

Such a cute dog.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Galarox posted:

He does. He's just wilfully stupid and must at all costs, and at every opportunity, pathetically fail to deflect all issues surrounding SC into criticism against E:D.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Galarox posted:

lol. Watched the whole thing. Now to sit back and wait for the inevitable Commando backlash. :suspense:

Looking forward to "Super" Joe Gibson slaughtering them with machine guns and hand gernades

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

Frontier really did handle it badly though.
They pretty much said as a totally throw away comment 'lol sorry guys no offline gently caress u' so I could understand at the time why folks were a bit salty about it.

^This

They revealed the dropping of offline mode in a newsletter in which the Braben said they had left a few features "on the cutting room floor"

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lladre posted:

Nothing but sympathy for that poor dog, having to listen to every iteration of the July blog read out loud with emphasis.

Don't be a oval office

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Galarox posted:

It's the Schrödinger's litter box defense--development on SC hasn't completed yet, so nobody can really say how much of will be poo poo.
A counterargument for his point is that if E:D hid the offline mode feature cut, isn't it even more important for CIG to be straightforward with backers regarding what's has been cut from theirs?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Contingency posted:

nobody can really say how much of will be poo poo.

I can, all of it