Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

R. Mute posted:

most bethesda games are empty and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I didn't quite finish Fo4 but I got like ~40 fun hours out of it. I got sick of the black cowboy giving me urgent-sounding missions, had to shuffle inventory too much, stumbled on some gun that was way better than my other guns so made them kind of irrelevant except when I ran out of that ammo, and had no interest in the building-settlements part but somebody (probably here) told me you could get away with ignoring it which was a nice move on the designer's part. That's all I remember.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wow, i wonder what could be over that featureless mountain. Perhaps a quest where i kill 4 mudcrabs, or a woman asking me to bring her 4 mudcrab carapaces. Wow...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pangstrom posted:

I got sick of the black cowboy giving me urgent-sounding missions,

preston was all set up to be my bro and we were going to single handedly restore jeffersonian yeomanry to the wasteland but it turns out he's incredibly needy and avoids all responsibility for himself and the only good person in the minutemen is that bad rear end grandma at the fort :argh:

yes i know preston probably has PTSD from quincy but that requires you to get through his questline and gently caress that. i left his rear end in sanctuary

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

my least favorite part of fallout 4 is that it punishes you for being a good person in nuka world by taking its fun toys and going home

i mean yes i can still ride the roller coaster and ferris wheel and stuff but it’s not the same

:sigh:

i found the location so boring that i just did the quest to kill every gang leader right away and got out

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

pangstrom posted:

I didn't quite finish Fo4 but I got like ~40 fun hours out of it. I got sick of the black cowboy giving me urgent-sounding missions, had to shuffle inventory too much, stumbled on some gun that was way better than my other guns so made them kind of irrelevant except when I ran out of that ammo, and had no interest in the building-settlements part but somebody (probably here) told me you could get away with ignoring it which was a nice move on the designer's part. That's all I remember.

if it was here then it was probably me since i loathe any companion or summoner or similar mechanics in video games

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i hated piper the most

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ff15 will thus be a very challenging playthrough, i feel. speaking of, they announced the pc release date, it's march 6

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

corn in the bible posted:

i hated piper the most

>HATE NEWSPAPERS

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
dogmeat is the best companion because he doesn't have idiotic dialogue or backstory. he's a dog. he does dog things

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i did dislike most characters except for majority of railroad and the ghoul detective. least liked character was probably the needy old woman at the home city, i built her chair outside so she can chill out in the rain

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boner confessor posted:

dogmeat is the best companion because he doesn't have idiotic dialogue or backstory. he's a dog. he does dog things

dogmeats only redeeming quality was that reddit gif where he kills the player by triggering a bunch of mines

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cinci zoo sniper posted:

dogmeats only redeeming quality was that reddit gif where he kills the player by triggering a bunch of mines

dogmeat > deacon > valentine > hancock > cait > codsworth > robot curie > danse > android curie > strong > preston > piper > maccready

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the ranking is in terms of least to most annoying

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boner confessor posted:

the ranking is in terms of least to most annoying

valentine, codsworth, and deacon at least have some decent lines. dog is feh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

strong doesnt make you do anything so he's OK by me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is strong that orc guy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Strong is the Shakespeare orc yes

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/juliagalef/status/953339376699719680

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

loving canadians, absolutely degenerate

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Wow, i wonder what could be over that featureless mountain. Perhaps a quest where i kill 4 mudcrabs, or a woman asking me to bring her 4 mudcrab carapaces. Wow...
it's super stupid how games went:
rpgs => rpgs but with other people and without 90% of what made rpgs work => mmorpgs but offline, losing the people and without adding the good bits back again

and now they've got the elder scrolls online which i can only imagine is somehow even worse still

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

boner confessor posted:

dogmeat > deacon > valentine > hancock > cait > codsworth > robot curie > danse > android curie > strong > preston > piper > maccready

And none hold a candle to Boone or Ed-E. Upon reflection, the NV soundtrack was 90% RoboAlert Chime, gunshot, and Boone kill dialogue. 2 shots for deathclaws.

Also if we're talking open world games, I still think GTA:SA deserves GOAT status for how much of a leap forward it was. And it mostly holds up to replay.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

in other news a friend of mine is turning into a cop as in she's actually in training to become a cop. she was telling me stories about other cops in training talking about their intention to do some police brutality (roughing up suspects while arresting them), openly supporting the death penalty and one already abusing his as of yet non-existent power by getting out of a speeding ticket by mentioning he's a cop in training. she was shocked by it and i was sitting there like "oh dang? oh word? imagine all that."

she promised me she'd send me some positive stories about her classmates when she came across them and im still waiting i guess

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/953403411638218753

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

R. Mute posted:

rpgs => rpgs but with other people and without 90% of what made rpgs work => mmorpgs but offline, losing the people and without adding the good bits back again

and now they've got the elder scrolls online which i can only imagine is somehow even worse still

its actually better than skyrim because it's got more than one kind of environment. anyway

ted cruz is gonna go have a fallout adventure

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

elder scrolls online is fairly good, even as a "single player" game. and no, ancient rpgs should stay where they belong, in the trash

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lockjaw mcscientologist aka greta van stusteren will hunt down the traitor gulen

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eso is pretty good

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

eso is pretty good

You live and breathe Warframe, your opinion on games will forever be invalid.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Fallout games grate on me because it’s always gray and brown and radioactive green and everything is always still lovely and broken and patched together. It’s been hundreds of years since the apocalypse! Pick up the garbage!

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

if it was here then it was probably me since i loathe any companion or summoner or similar mechanics in video games

I executed every security guard and scientist once they turned around too

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Furnaceface posted:

You live and breathe Warframe, your opinion on games will forever be invalid.

warframe is also good

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

warframe is also good

Stop supporting bad Canadian developers who dont pay their employees.

I cant think of any good ones to spend time/money on instead but Im sure there has to be at least one somewhere.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the awl is shutting down :(

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i thought the awl already shut down

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Fox News political analyst Brit Hume late Tuesday offered reassurances on Twitter that he is not “having fantasies about Trump’s penis” in a heated debate about the president’s recent physical exam.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

im watching godless and it has a literal "please teach me how to read" moment in there and man, i didn't know writers were allowed to do that anymore

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also i hate jeff daniels

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
happy birthday pushkin, page 1799

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ff15 will thus be a very challenging playthrough, i feel. speaking of, they announced the pc release date, it's march 6

watched an lp of this and whooo boy

and i'm someone who enjoyed playing 13

• Locked thread