Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Knormal posted:

And they (briefly) followed the deal with Mephesto thing with Pete and MJ's marriage. Has the 616 get around to undoing that yet?

God no, the last thing 616 did with MJ, to my knowledge, is put her in Tony Stark's orbit. Has she done anything in the comics since Tony turned into a hologram?

At least we have Renew Your Vows

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She's been running Stark Whatever along with Tony's mom and his AI assistant Friday and is currently helping to search for Tony.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, Tony's mother is alive?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, plus years (decades!) of having been friends, then boyfriend/girlfriend and finally marriage. MJ was there for so much of what Peter went through, and her sticking around to support Peter after Gwen's death was a huge thing considering her character before then was "ditzy party girl".

Yes I'm still angry about that dumb retcon, especially since it was handled in such a ham-handed way.
Agreed. It was extra-lovely that they had the Ultimate line for a 'Spider-man kids could relate to' but that wasn't enough?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

howe_sam posted:

God no, the last thing 616 did with MJ, to my knowledge, is put her in Tony Stark's orbit. Has she done anything in the comics since Tony turned into a hologram?

At least we have Renew Your Vows

What's the excuse for MJ to dress up and go out to fight crime? Did she want to spend some time with Peter & May?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, there was some thing where it turned out he was adopted, so he searched out his birth parents, and discovered that they were undercover SHIELD agents who posed as musicians and were rather famous. So his birth mother is part of the Invincible Iron Man cast.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Samuringa posted:

What's the excuse for MJ to dress up and go out to fight crime? Did she want to spend some time with Peter & May?

That's basically it. When Peter put the costume back on after the Secret Wars mini, MJ said they were going to fight crime as a family. So Peter made her a suit with built-in Regent tech that lets her siphon off some of his power to let her run with Peter and Annie.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's the exact right amount of hokey

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That whole series is magical.

The series just jumped about 5 years (I think?) a couple issues ago. May is now 17 or so.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You have to use her full name. Annie May.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, Tony's mother is alive?

turns out he was adopted and his biological mom was still alive

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Push El Burrito posted:

You have to use her full name. Annie May.

Her friends call her 'Japanimation'.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Her enemies include Doc Ock's Japanese nephew "Otto Aku"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The panel where Normie Osborn sees Annie May for the first time and becomes obsessed is great.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats not a lot of blood either.

Six-armed hulk!
SIX!
ARMED!
HULK!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Love that MJ sees it coming, but she won't speak up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Here we go!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Heart monitors are really not supposed to do that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

SOMEONE never got a donation of Bruce Banner's blood before.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The doctor's keeping track of his bitcoins.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Lurdiak posted:

In a tragic turn of events, Connors is not only growing back an arm where there's supposed to be an arm, but also growing arms in random organs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Hence why they OFF the charts, duh. :rolleyes:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Doctor look! Banner's blood is still on the rack, you accidentally switched it with the blood we took from that alligator we found!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

The doctor's keeping track of his bitcoins.

Going the wrong direction then

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, who will win in a fight: Hulk Lizard or Spider Hulk?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

So, who will win in a fight: Hulk Lizard or Spider Hulk?

In a funny way... I win.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What benefits would Spider Hulk even get? The ability to hang on walls? He does that already by just driving his fingers into them like the pathetic excuse for solids that they are.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

goatface posted:

What benefits would Spider Hulk even get? The ability to hang on walls? He does that already by just driving his fingers into them like the pathetic excuse for solids that they are.

More arms for more HULK SMASH

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hulk would lose his keen wit and eloquence

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

HULK THWIPP

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I give this a 95% chance of being a bog-standard The Lizard but with this setup there's a small chance we might be in for something special instead. Don't let me down NSM.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lizard Hulk:
-Power of Hulk
-Lizard Tail
-Two (2) Arms
-Can Bite Good
-Slithers Like A Lizard, Jump Like A Hulk
-Intelligence of a Lizard Monster Man

Spider-Hulk:
-Power of Hulk
-Spider-Sense That Doesn't Work
-Up To Six Arms
-Proportional Strength Of A Spider To The Size of the Hulk
-Agile Like A Spider-man, But Bulky Like A Hulk
-Even Less Intelligent Than Hulk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

uPen posted:

I give this a 95% chance of being a bog-standard The Lizard but with this setup there's a small chance we might be in for something special instead. Don't let me down NSM.

connor's arm isn't regrowing. rather, it is growing a tiny hulk on the end of his arm.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

uPen posted:

Even if it is a standard Lizard story, NSM tends to have a way of making it more than the sum of its blood.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

connor's arm isn't regrowing. rather, it is growing a tiny hulk on the end of his arm.

Newspaper Master Pandemonium!?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

are spider-man and the hulk's strength buffs multiplicative or do they average out

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Is he strong? Listen bud
He's got several kinds of blood

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

NEXT: Newspaper Master Pandemonium!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Connor's arm regrows, but now he needs more blood to fill the extra space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

goatface posted:

Well if it was regular Spider-man, he'd get a massive increase in agility, coordination, balance, and the use of spider-sense. But newspaper Spidey doesn't really have any of those...