Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I could understand maxing out a few oddballs you like, so those few characters pictured isn't much proof.

But holy poo poo those cards! :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Benthalus posted:

I could understand maxing out a few oddballs you like, so those few characters pictured isn't much proof.

Nope. Look yourself, he's the top of the Misty Knight leaderboard.

Every single character is maxxed out and has a CTP. :psypop: Everyone is also crusted in 5* urus. I guess 6* is beyond the pale for even this guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh man, the Shadowland Rumble Camera! You guys weren't kidding! Why would someone do this?! Argh!!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Oh man, the Shadowland Rumble Camera! You guys weren't kidding! Why would someone do this?! Argh!!

Apparently it’s a bug so hopefully fixed soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it sucks but given how they responded to the bad feedback on the Ultimates even if had been intentional I imagine it would get changed. Just caught me by surprise.

In better news the new Satana costume seems like a winner. Took her for a run in ABX since I haven't been able to didn't solid 100k Universal hero and she fell just barely shy of 100k and didn't pick up a scratch of damage. With some Uru/Iso enhancement I should finally have that ABX slot covered.

Have to give the Falcon one a spin since it adds enough iframe skills that it seems like he should be untoucahble if I get the rotation right. Probably just another damage issue but hoping to draw a Blast relay in SL so I can try him out. Maybe Rocket.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I beefed up Carols Ms Marvel costume, why I have ultimate Green Goblin costume. Didn't bother doing anyone else. Probably if Wanda gets a new costume like her Marvel Now or movie costume I might put some effort into upgrading it too.

Is the only way to get gearup kits to buy them from the lab store and earn then from levels? I literally have 10k dimension debries but I'm always short kits.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

twistedmentat posted:

Is the only way to get gearup kits to buy them from the lab store and earn then from levels? I literally have 10k dimension debries but I'm always short kits.

I'll trade you!

But yeah, they drop from story mode missions, you can buy them in the lab store, they come with almost every World Boss Invasion loot box and you can get a ton of them from Shadowland if you pick their stages instead of the debris.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The three daily Dark Dimension missions always seem to give me a good number of guks. You also get a lot of them from Co-Op if you're VIP 7? I think, I'm only three.

Can also make them in the lab with debris at a 3:1 ratio assuming you're not jamming all your antimatter into the bio lottery.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I found the best way to get Gear Up Kits and XP was running special missions.
You could get between 10 and 20 GUK every time you ran one. And if you auto ran it instead of auto clearing you got a bunch of XP.

My other trick was getting as many characters to level 40 and 4 star to increase the rewards I get for doing Co-op. I get at least 2 and a half million gold and a ton of other stuff every day from running Co-Op

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I saw a lot of people complaining about being low on reddit so I started buying them from the lab store along with dimension debris to supplement the other stuff I do. I'm glad I did since I just hit the stage where I'm burning through everything like candy.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I'm fairly new, but the only time I don't buy guks in the lab is when I'm saving up to rank BAM for epic quests or now Quicksilver.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always buy them from the store because they're cheap and plentiful. They're easy to collect, they're just also easy to use up if you do a bunch of gears rank ups or lab stuff at once. So I just buy go build up my stockpile.

The only other thing I buy from the store are Lvl 5 experience chips. They're kind of pricey but as long as I keep a stockpile I can level up my characters as soon as I make them 6*. I just drained out if I do 3-4 characters in quick succession as I just did.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i have 205k guks and everyone except like 4 characters at 4/20

they drop like crazy from every game mode, just keep spending energy

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Always buy guks

Maybe buy red norns. Maybe also universal if you're dumping them in the lotto.

Maybe buy obos if you have cash to dump.

Debris if you're at a critical bottleneck but it'd probably better just to farm some rifts.

Never ever bios, it's a terrible deal.

People that say they're flush with guks are liars or something. Fight me.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

do wbi, youll get so many norns and guks its unbelievable. theyre actually the bad drop in wbi, so if you need norns, guks, or especially dimension debris, wbis are win/win/win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You get them everywhere. Everyone's "flush" as long as it's been a few days since you've used them. It only takes a couple of days to collect a few thousand.

The rub is you can clear out in minutes so it's real easy to be flush and suddenly be empty. Assuming you're doing gears and lab stuff. If you're not you probably have a massive stockpile you think will never go dry.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
If you don't miss any of the special event quests, how many tokens should we have by the end? 400?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, when I wasn't really bothering to level people because I had no idea what was going on, I had thousands of guks, but now i know what I'm doing, I'm always running low. I end up with about a thousand after everything is done each day, but i'm always improving character gear or rolling the RNG on the bio lottery trying to get Laura, Sam or Adam's bios.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I spent one of my multiple free t2 Tix on my boy punisher and he's sure as hell still punisher

How bad is his new costume, I'm using noir right now

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Made it to floor 23 of Shadowland for the first time with Wolverine, Anti-Man, Jean Grey, Quicksilver and Nova left, 5 of my biggest hitters, so of course it's a villain rumble with enemy units that reflect energy damage. I can get to the last guy with Anti-Man but I think the energy reflect finally kicks in with him as I die in seconds each time. Hard to tell thanks to the buggy camera. I take it I need T2 Carnage, T2 Vulture, Corvus or Black Dwarf for this? Or someone that can purge their stage buffs? I remember seeing something about that.

At least X-23 made short work of the raccoon + jars stage that had previously ended my runs (got to him the previous two weeks with no one left but ungeared Ghost Rider and underleveled Jean).

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hey guys what kinda obo does Mr. Strange need?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

im freaking the heck out posted:

Hey guys what kinda obo does Mr. Strange need?

He can get knocked out of the skills that you'll want to spam most of the time, so immune to guard break is huge.

The CTP of destruction is the Big Daddy and is perfect for Strange. Otherwise, prioritize

-Immune to Guard Break
-Damage% proc

then, if you want to roll forever

-Crit damage, crit rate, ignore defense, some other offensive stat

if you can get ITGB, a damage proc and an offensive stat you basically have a mini CTP of Destruction anyway

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Cool, ill be on the lookout. Thanks!!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Is there a reference or wiki somewhere of information like that for each character?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Benthalus posted:

Is there a reference or wiki somewhere of information like that for each character?

*points to dilznick*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

doctor cocktopuss

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What happens if I combine 2 mythical cards together? I have 1 card I want to keep of a low quality, and a garbage one I can use as fuel, I am just worried what will happen if I combine them together. Is there a chance that it will upgrade one of them and leave me with the garbage one? Or will it just upgrade the first one I put into the masher?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Dravs posted:

What happens if I combine 2 mythical cards together? I have 1 card I want to keep of a low quality, and a garbage one I can use as fuel, I am just worried what will happen if I combine them together. Is there a chance that it will upgrade one of them and leave me with the garbage one? Or will it just upgrade the first one I put into the masher?

It will upgrade the first one you put into the masher.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What the...

The card masher says "will make a card of better quality".

I put the card I wanted to upgrade in there with the feeder, and it went from quality 3 to quality 1?!

:downsbravo:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Over MLK weekend I managed to miss several days of X-23 and also 2 days of the event mission so I'll be at 300, just shy of the ticket

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just stopped doing the X23 ones. With the Dimension Rift bosses and the event missions demanding Rogue and Story missions I just haven't had the energy to do them along with all the daily stuff and some Dimension Rifts. Or I have the energy but I'm too burned out to go through the tedious process of them so I just autoclear Tracking or Story missions.

Dravs posted:

What the...

The card masher says "will make a card of better quality".

I put the card I wanted to upgrade in there with the feeder, and it went from quality 3 to quality 1?!

:downsbravo:

It seems like a random roll thing like obelisks. You can do it and you might get lucky but you also might get a downgrade and have to keep rolling.

It doesn't seem worth it to me unless you're flush with mythic cards. But it takes so long to upgrade them that it doesn't strike me as something I'll be doing any time soon. And I'm mainly focusing on getting one of every card to fill those collections.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

STAC Goat posted:

It seems like a random roll thing like obelisks. You can do it and you might get lucky but you also might get a downgrade and have to keep rolling.

It doesn't seem worth it to me unless you're flush with mythic cards. But it takes so long to upgrade them that it doesn't strike me as something I'll be doing any time soon. And I'm mainly focusing on getting one of every card to fill those collections.

There's a lot of cards that are no good at even at 6*, and they register in the collection instantly. There's no reason for them to take up inventory space if they can potentially turn a rank 1 good card into something you may want to actually use.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'll probably start doing that once I have a bunch of mythics but I'm not there yet. My approach has basically been to collect them at each stage and work my way up with doubles. So I have like 50 unique cards at Legendary and now just need to work up a ton of double cards to update them to Mythic.

Its been a journey but I'm finally at the Legendary -> Mythic stage so its probably a step or two away from where I start evaluating what cards are best and if some are worth using to reroll cards once they've been ticked in the collection sets. But that's probably still weeks away.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
You should do that much sooner rather than later, cards are the most impactful thing you can improve in the whole game. A good set of cards is equal to having 4 top tier leaderships active at all times for your entire squad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yeah your card strategy is super weird

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

Yeah your card strategy is super weird

Looool I wasn't gonna say it

I realize i'm #1 card evangelist but yeah EAT those finished 6* that suck, no reason to keep them around now that the game logs them. Do you have your loki card? The premium one with the energy attack, you could roll that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think my cards are fine. They can be better but I gave them a hard look back when I was struggling to get that 15 second Quicksilver one. Changing some up helped me get over that hump. Now my next hump is the last 2 floors of Shadowland or WBX and I'm just not focused on those at all right now.

My "card strategy" is just sort of a way to keep straight what I have and don't have and focus how I handle them. I could never really get a handle on the cards completely and I was kind of upgrading cards at random for a long time. When the collections came along it just became an easy way for me to kind of focus on them by saying "get one of each."

I don't have a ton of bad Mythic cards sitting around. I basically have my 5 set ones and then like 5 others. Then I just have a bunch of 5* ones that I've been gradually working up. Basically I'd look at my 1*s, say "do I not have any of these higher?" and if there was one I upgraded. Then I did the same with 2*. And 3*. I had a bunch of unique cards and I just got them all to 5* so now I just need to work up expendable double 5*s to feed them to get them to 6. Then once they're ticked in the collections I'll figure out if they're worth saving, worth putting in my set, or just something to feed.

I don't have the Loki one yet. I have his costume nearly to Mythic. Another week or two. That's been a one of my short term priorities with me feeding him all my costume tickets, leaving him on my "run" team, trying not to spend costume kits or universal stones, and collecting his bios from Dimensions rifts.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ah yes if you dont have the loki P card, then hoarding mythics makes a ton of sense. feed em to that.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Now my next hump is the last 2 floors of Shadowland or WBX and I'm just not focused on those at all right now.

If you're okay with messy spreadsheet notes, here is my SL tracking sheet:

I have everyone now, so I don't use it anymore since people like Blue Marvel, Nova, Anti-man showed up but it should give you a really solid idea of who to save for the last 5 floors (just click through the tabs)

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Anyone else having battery issues with this since the last update on iOS? I’m draining power faster than I’m charging it on my charging pad, which was never an issue before.