Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Oscar Wild posted:

It's a good thing, and in no way a ponzi scheme waiting for fresh money to pay off the tether.

a ponzi scheme within a ponzi scheme, how deep does this go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

lazorexplosion posted:

Reminder that on the Tether website, where you can buy tether, they literally say they won't let you sell tether for USD if they don't feel like it.

The no-regulations mindset is propped up by regulations, lol

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Welp looks like the markets going to stabilize for a few days until the Bitfinex guys can get all their butts out

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

It took three years for the dot com bubble to finish crashing, with dead cat bounces all over the place on the way down, but people still somehow believe that a hours dead cat rally means the crash is over lmao

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Uncle Wemus posted:

IS IT FINALLY CRASH TIME??

No, the internet just printed more Tethers. The world is saved.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Looking for venture capital for my startup which will allow users to exchange Tether for a new currency, Realbux

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andy Dufresne posted:

the idea was that you would "lend" BitConnect your bitcoin for a certain number of days and they guaranteed 1% compounded interest per day.

hahahahaha

I'd say 'who would do this' but greed is a hell of a drug.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
No trades on gdax for the last few minutes. Exchange down?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Alpha Mayo posted:

Frank Herbert's Bitcoin

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Well bitcoin may be crashing, but I KNOW MONERO WON'T LET ME DOWN!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alpha Mayo posted:

It's a ponzi fractal. It just keeps going

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Alpha Mayo posted:

A ponzi-calzone....p-zone.....p'zone

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Jikes posted:

there's pretty much no page of this thread that this gif isn't appropriate for, but today especially

I mean the dot com crash didn't have U.S. government printing billions of dollars and pumping them into pets.com to keep the stock from falling. So this will be interesting to see play out. They are saved from the gif for now.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lote posted:

No trades on gdax for the last few minutes. Exchange down?

number one thread on cryptocurrency right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7qu8t9/18002738255_us_national_suicide_hotline/

hmmm, seems normal.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Junior Jr. posted:

When will people learn ALL MALE FEMINISTS ARE loving PIECES OF poo poo, the only reason they support feminism is so they can "really appreciate the female anatomy" and try to talk to girls and screw them. They're no different than normal males.

I really hate to say it, but for once Seth McFarlane was right about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbOopjuebnI
Lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

this can't be real

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

turn off the TV posted:

this can't be real

lmao

TITANS ONLY

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

turn off the TV posted:

this can't be real

lol that is so unbelievably shady.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
The rally looks so absurd. Like every indicator was that momentum was negative and accelerating toward even more negative, then it suddenly just reverses in 2 minutes and rallies by $1000. During the rally Bitfinex was priced $400 higher than Gdax too, when Bitfinex is usually about $200 less (which is why the floor on Gdax looked like it was at 10200), not 10000.

A bitcoin exchange wouldn't manipulate their own exchange would they???!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

turn off the TV posted:

this can't be real

Good thing Coinbase isn't this lovely.

That place can't do no wrong, right?

...right?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
lol the ponzi is running on Empty

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Like a day ago I was thinking that Bitcoin would keep crashing by sliding down to 12.5 over the next few days and that seemed suitably reasonable but pessimistic lmao well done bitcoin

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://www.ccn.com/tether-usdt-launch-new-platform-wake-alleged-november-hack/

quote:

Altcoin News December 22, 2017 02:11

As CCN reported in November, a hacker allegedly breached Tether’s hot wallet, absconding with more than $30 million in USD-pegged tokens. Following the theft, the developers of Omni — a protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin that Tether uses to issue tokens — released a new version of the Omni Core software that “blacklisted” the stolen tokens from being spent by the attacker.

However, new user registrations have been disabled — as have direct purchase and sales of tethers — while the company migrates its services to the new platform. In the meantime, the company advised users to redeem or dispose of their tokens at cryptocurrency exchanges.

“Such exchanges and other qualified corporate customers can contact Tether directly to arrange for creation and redemption,” the post said.

????

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Looks legit.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Looks legit.

flatlined. bitcoin is officially dead

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Minorkos posted:

flatlined. bitcoin is officially dead

Bitcoin is stabilized and finally ready for mass acceptance! Thank you Tether!!!!1!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Three Olives posted:

Looks legit.

Give it a couple of months and I predict bitcoin will hit around the $30k milestone, then immediately drop down around $15k until it goes UP AND UP AND UP again.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

This is all a bad joke right? It says BCC is at 30$ on CoinMarketCap. People on Telegram are telling me that BCC is not even 8$ worth now? If this is real, Im ruined. Like really loving ruined. I have nothing left. I put everything I had into this, because I trusted them. Literally all of my familys savings are in BCC, because a friend told me the risk was worth it. Are you telling me I lost everything? 80,000$ gone like nothing? Im so angry right now. My wife doesnt know yet. She will come home soon. What am I going to loving tell her. How am I suppossed to care for my family now? I have literally nothing right now. My wife has two sons and I am unemployed. How am I suppossed to take care of them now??? I hope someone pays for this mess. If not with money then with a sentence.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

memed already

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Rad Russian posted:

I mean the dot com crash didn't have U.S. government printing billions of dollars and pumping them into pets.com to keep the stock from falling. So this will be interesting to see play out. They are saved from the gif for now.

No but the Federal Reserve did buy hundreds of billions of dollars in Mortgage Backed Securities after the 2007 crash, which is totally different. Guess where the money came from? :smug:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
We're still going to the moon right?

We can't be crash landing back to earth at this point.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sammus posted:

This is all a bad joke right? It says BCC is at 30$ on CoinMarketCap. People on Telegram are telling me that BCC is not even 8$ worth now? If this is real, Im ruined. Like really loving ruined. I have nothing left. I put everything I had into this, because I trusted them. Literally all of my familys savings are in BCC, because a friend told me the risk was worth it. Are you telling me I lost everything? 80,000$ gone like nothing? Im so angry right now. My wife doesnt know yet. She will come home soon. What am I going to loving tell her. How am I suppossed to care for my family now? I have literally nothing right now. My wife has two sons and I am unemployed. How am I suppossed to take care of them now??? I hope someone pays for this mess. If not with money then with a sentence.

post your sources

e:

http://boards.4chan.org/biz/archive

quote:

6556991 I'M loving BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

quote:

6557031 GETTING A loving JOB WAS TOO HARD, RIGHT? MAYBE GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL, MAYBE BECOMING A LAWYER...…

LOL

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 17, 2018

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Junior Jr. posted:

We're still going to the moon right?

We can't be crash landing back to earth at this point.

it is, it's just that the moon is below the horizon right now and bitcoin is taking a direct path

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I'm still trying to understand wtf a tether is

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

slidebite posted:

imagine something that connects two other things

except it's only connected to one thing and just sort of lying close to the other thing

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

LGD posted:

it is, it's just that the moon is below the horizon right now and bitcoin is taking a direct path

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'changing with the tides'. A Bitcoin sine wave.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

slidebite posted:

Remember Dumb and Dumber and IOUs?

Basically that.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

I’m listening to it cos @Buttcoin twitter linked it. It has its greatest listener numbers of all time. It’s the financial equivalent of listening to very detailed and erudite pseudoscientists, talking about how to correctly align your chakras with your body thetans while Mercury is in retrograde.

I blogged this poo poo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

slidebite posted:

Pretend Chuck E Cheese made 1.5 billion Chuck E Cheese tokens and told you you could trade each of them in for $1 a piece, and then used them to buy lots of bitcoins. Their proof that they have $1.5 billion in the bank to back the value of the Chuck E Cheese tokens is that they promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
e: wrooong thread