Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

PMush Perfect posted:

No crown. Guess that means it worked?

I was thinking the different hair color would be a tell, but it's probably the lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The plants all seem to be growing out of and around rotting treasure chests.
So presumably the decomposing wood of untold boxes of gold and jewels forms a unique treasure-loam within the piles.
There are also springs of water, as well as gold, that flow into YNAMON, so I suspect the roots going through the gold-piles are taproots seeking the water.

What's really piquing my curiosity is... what source of light is there? What sun nurtures those trees?

EDIT: And there's a little town downstream! Some kind of Counting-Priest settlement, or the descendants of people sent as tribute as part of the hoard? In any case I am suddenly super-interested in the agrarian practices and economics of Treasuretown.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trying to track down something you want looks like a nightmare.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How's she going to go back to help Cio? Will she?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm hoping Mammon surfaces and is all "WHAT ARE YOU DO-" and she's all "Okay hold that thought big guy be right back gotta go check on a buddy" and goes back and he just has to stand there awkwardly.

So is it pronounced I nuh mon?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Joe Slowboat posted:

So presumably the decomposing wood of untold boxes of gold and jewels forms a unique treasure-loam within the piles.
There are also springs of water, as well as gold, that flow into YNAMON, so I suspect the roots going through the gold-piles are taproots seeking the water.

What's really piquing my curiosity is... what source of light is there? What sun nurtures those trees?

EDIT: And there's a little town downstream! Some kind of Counting-Priest settlement, or the descendants of people sent as tribute as part of the hoard? In any case I am suddenly super-interested in the agrarian practices and economics of Treasuretown.

I'm guessing there's a few corpses under all that gold too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Trying to track down something you want looks like a nightmare.

Why would you want to track it down? You already possess it.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Say Nothing posted:

I'm guessing there's a few corpses under all that gold too.

Well, the good people of Treasuretown need to get protein somewhere.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

wiegieman posted:

I was thinking the different hair color would be a tell, but it's probably the lighting.

The eyes are blue again

The hair color will probably return once she's done with herself

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bilirubin posted:

once she's done with herself
Is that what they're calling it now? :pervert:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

jayakka is horton

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

I figured she woulda turned around on this page, I imagine being left for dead would put a strain on a friendship.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

MikeJF posted:

So is it pronounced I nuh mon?

I personally pronounce it: The second "e" in "extreme" + "na" as in "namaste" + "mon" as in "monster".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Realization: 101 Dalmatians is a legitimate angel name.

101 Dalmatians Fetch Justice (And Kibble)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yn-amon, ygg-drasil, imo

ps all plants here are obviously epiphytes

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I figured she woulda turned around on this page, I imagine being left for dead would put a strain on a friendship.

I'm kind of hoping she just zaps her there and Cio is like "whoa where did you learn that" and Alison is like "shhh and start stuffing your pockets" because that would totally be my gaming groups reaction

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

the perspective's a little unclear but if I'm reading the sizes of those pillars and the stream right it's probably literally a little town fashioned by ferocious coin-sized goldgobs out of fragments of loot crate

Mammon's dark secret is that he's actually about as big as an iguana, and has spent long millennia surrounding himself with an inner circle of the eensiest little accountant-priests in the multiverse in order to spread wide the legends of his terrible might

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 17, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait to find out that Mammon has been dead for centuries.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the perspective's a little unclear but if I'm reading the sizes of those pillars and the stream right it's probably literally a little town fashioned by ferocious coin-sized goldgobs out of fragments of loot crate

Nah there's a cliff before the first set of pillars, they're further back and their waterfalls make the stream a river.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
P sure there's a waterfall like two feet ahead and the town is close to normal sized, this is just a tiny stream tributary

E: beat like self doubts in the mind of royalty

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ghostface Dreadkillah Pirate Mammon

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fister Roboto posted:

I can't wait to find out that Mammon has been dead for centuries.

So that's what's fertilizing those trees!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I wonder how many of those coins are mimics.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ephemeron posted:

I wonder how many of those coins are mimics.

Mimic standard, kill your deities, Ron Paul

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

NachtSieger posted:

I personally pronounce it: The second "e" in "extreme" + "na" as in "namaste" + "mon" as in "monster".

What a coincidence! "Extreme Namaste Monster" is my band's name.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The river is made from Mammon's tears, because he has realized the true treasure is the friends we made along the way.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Joe Slowboat posted:

In any case I am suddenly super-interested in the agrarian practices and economics of Treasuretown.

Reach satiation through opulence.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I think the most likely explanation is that the town and viaduct belong to whatever culture used to live here before Mammon genocided them to turn the pocket dimension into his private Scrooge McDuck vault.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

I think the most likely explanation is that the town and viaduct belong to whatever culture used to live here before Mammon genocided them to turn the pocket dimension into his private Scrooge McDuck vault.

They look far too well-preserved for that, though, and seem to be built on top of the treasure layer rather than submerged beneath it. Also, I don't think Mammon's the Four from Planetary, I think he could build his own fractal universe treasure vault rather than steal someone else's.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

A thing I just realized I fervently desire is a K6BD Netflix original series animated by Studio Trigger.

edit: or maybe the team that did the Castlevania series

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 17, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
My personal hope is he just threw so much drat treasure in here that it developed an ecosystem

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dog Kisser posted:

My personal hope is he just threw so much drat treasure in here that it developed an ecosystem

Very same, that would be the ideal.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

organisms descended from his loot are also considered to be his loot, any attempt to leave the vault is theft

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

organisms descended from his loot are also considered to be his loot, any attempt to leave the vault is theft

By entering the vault Allison is now loot.
It's a tidy system.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
This gives a whole new meaning to booty call.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

She's got an rear end like a shelf (for me to display valuables on).

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Also, I don't think Mammon's the Four from Planetary, I think he could build his own fractal universe treasure vault rather than steal someone else's.
I'm pretty sure the Seven's shtick is actually very similar to the Four's. (Monsters ruling over creation with stolen power, killing as they please, brutally crushing all threats to their hegemony. Also, their title is the number of people in their club, c'mon.)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah I don't get the impression Mammon or Mottom do much building of anything, if the demiurges were running around creating their own universes they'd be significantly closer to the old gods than parasites feasting on their decaying corpses

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

As far as we know Mottom built her interdimensional hover palace - in fact, all that keeps it aloft is her terrible will.
She definitely built that, with the plunder of a hundred thousand worlds.

Similarly I'd bet Mammon built Yre and its infinite interior himself, to hold the plunder of a hundred thousand worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

They're called demiurges for a reason, they hold power over Creation, to a degree