Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

Night In The Woods is coming out thursday for Switch apparently . Is this good? I'm a sucker for a decent Feels Game, I liked Oxenfree and Life Is Strange

Not even close to the quality of those 2 but a decent game on its own. I got it for 10 bucks or w/e on the steam sale and that sounds about right for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Night In The Woods is coming out thursday for Switch apparently . Is this good? I'm a sucker for a decent Feels Game, I liked Oxenfree and Life Is Strange
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0pPTADJ5I

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been playing the spla2oon singleplayer, it picks up after the first world and its way better than 1's. the second boss was actually really fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was working on 1000% it but only got about halfway through, I should finish that some day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i heard somewhere there was an ng+? whats that like?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can use any weapon on any level. 1000% is beating every level with every weapon (10+ playthroughs)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus lol i dont think id ever do that. i thought there was like a hard mode with extra enemies, that wouldve been cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NG+ is fun for speed, I beat it in like 1:45 the one time I tried

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I played the first world and went back to multiplayer so I should get back to it at some point.

I felt like garbage the last time I played the game, there are so many good players now and it’s a lot more competitive than it ever was on wii u

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

The dialogue could have easily been too try hard but it hits just the right note. In that regard its written the way Life is Strange wants to be.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
weird i just picked Splatoon2 single player back up again today. Just beat the second boss, it was aweomse and the music was so cool

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I played a bunch of Crawl, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, and Overcooked 4p this weekend. I don't hear as much about Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime but it's a great co-op game and bit more exciting than Overcooked, I think. Crawl is neat and really different but it's hard not to blow everyone up if you have zelda/isaac skills. I want to play it more with gamers and try more of the creatures and shop items. Maybe there is a way to handicap people.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Started night in the woods recently overall its okay and has great music but sometimes its kind of embarrassing and not in an intended way but the parts that are good make it worth it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

The dialogue could have easily been too try hard but it hits just the right note. In that regard its written the way Life is Strange wants to be.

I think the writing of LiS is just about perfect for what it's going for . I'll go to bat for that game hard

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Started night in the woods recently overall its okay and has great music but sometimes its kind of embarrassing and not in an intended way but the parts that are good make it worth it

Pretty much yeah. I like the dirtbag teen characters bc they remind me of my old friends a lot but it's not even close to LiS feels imo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how much you like nitw might depend on how much you relate to the characters/setting. if you live in the rust belt and/or have brain problems it’s very good

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Confirmed that Nintendo has some kind of announcement vid going up today, involving "new ways to play for kids and kids at heart" . I'm a kid at heart so that's cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao holy poo poo. What the hell this loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

To me this is like the level of absurdity of the fake E3 video that "leaked" before the Wii announcement about a new Nintendo console that jacks into your brain

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
thats really cool

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/953750755525062656

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't understand at all how some of those inputs will work without extra parts beyond the switch + joycons but lmao that rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That looks stupid as gently caress

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
It costs $69 and comes out on 4/20

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Looks dumb and lame but it's not like I have to buy it so who cares. lol if you don't think these $80 cardboard robot sheets won't get absolutely shredded by your 8 year old nephew within minutes of assembly though.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

More peripherals only this time they're made of actual garbage. Looking forward to the same 12000 identical bearded faces reviewing these on youtube

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

More peripherals only this time they're made of actual garbage. Looking forward to the same 12000 identical bearded faces reviewing these on youtube

I will let you all know how it is

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's just so weird lol. I guess they're using the IR camera on the joycon to make certain inputs work? Like there are little reflective stickers on the inside of the piano keys and the joycon reads those and transmits the info to the console so it knows what sounds to play

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I want the nintendo branded arts and crafts cardboard piano set game more than I have ever wanted any nintendo game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If there's one thing Nintendo's known for it's making incredibly in-depth and not at all shallow and boring tech demos for their products and selling them at retail prices. Finally the sequel to Wii Music we've been waiting for.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

yeah actually they will posted:

I want the nintendo branded arts and crafts cardboard piano set game more than I have ever wanted any nintendo game

I want the cardboard robot game where you strap the Switch onto your face and it's connected to a long piece of string that you strap around your ankle (?)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

telling my girlfriend its time to take our relationship to the next level as i fill a room with nintendo branded cardboard toys

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
other mario kart 8 deluxe players: Hello! Hello! Go easy on me! Hello!
me, with nintendo switch strapped to my back in a cardboard backpack that is attached to a set of cardboard gloves with embedded joycons via an intricate pulley system: I'm using tilt controls!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me, with nintendo switch strapped to my back in a cardboard backpack that is attached to a set of cardboard gloves with embedded joycons via an intricate pulley system: I'm using tilt controls!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!