Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think Asuka's winning the belt on Raw to take her out of the Rumble and make the winner less obvious

And by all accounts Ronda won't be in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I still think Asuka's winning the belt on Raw to take her out of the Rumble and make the winner less obvious

My guess was Asuka wins the belt at the Rumble, but hey it wouldn't be the Raw Women's Championship if they didn't curtail the babyface's chase just to get a pop on TV.

If it's not Asuka or Rousey winning the Rumble, I have no idea who wins, though. Probably somebody from SmackDown.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It should not be Asuka with the title because Ronda should win in 13 seconds.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

holy gently caress, can this nightmare world at least give us a better match than aj styles vs trash fire dolph ziggler

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonna be great when it's Styles vs Nakamura vs Dolph and Dolph again wins a title in a triple threat everyone expects him to take the pin in

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Gonna be great when it's Styles vs Nakamura vs Dolph and Dolph again wins a title in a triple threat everyone expects him to take the pin in

And then Dolph will abandon the title that Tuesday and quit WWE forever, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

And then Dolph will abandon the title that Tuesday and quit WWE forever, right?

Until two months later when he does the same thing for the Universal title with Reigns and *rolls dice* heel Finn

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fire dolph ziggler

out of a cannon, into the sun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Reigns, Jinder, Shane McMahon, someone please save us from the Ziggler Timeline

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if Dolph inexplicably wins the Rumble (despite nothing on TV even hinting at that), gets slotted in the biggest Mania match of his life (presumably third from the top with AJ) and still bitches and whines about not being pushed like a main eventer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Has Dolph ever even had a singles match at Mania?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

VJeff posted:

Has Dolph ever even had a singles match at Mania?
2010: Money in the Bank ladder match
2011: Six person tag match with LayCool vs. John Morrison/Trish Stratus/Snooki
2012: Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy twelve man tag
2013: Team Hell No vs. Dolph/Big E
2014: Andre the Giant Battle Royal
2015: Seven Person IC Ladder Match
2016: Seven Person IC Ladder Match
2017: No Match

So nope!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Edge & Christian posted:

2010: Money in the Bank ladder match
2011: Six person tag match with LayCool vs. John Morrison/Trish Stratus/Snooki
2012: Team Johnny vs. Team Teddy twelve man tag
2014: Andre the Giant Battle Royal
2015: Seven Person IC Ladder Match
2016: Seven Person IC Ladder Match
2017: No Match

So nope!

Has he only been competing for 7 years? It's like he's been around for 20.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wonder if they're waiting for Wrestlemania for Carmella to cash in

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gatts posted:

Has he only been competing for 7 years? It's like he's been around for 20.

He's been in that gimmick since 2008, he just wasn't part of Wrestlemania in 2009.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Gonna be great when it's Styles vs Nakamura vs Dolph and Dolph

Don’t know how they’ll pull that off but I’m afraid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

This is such a weird match knowing where everyone ended up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Don’t know how they’ll pull that off but I’m afraid.

We've reached the worst case scenario. He's budding.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Endless Mike posted:

This is such a weird match knowing where everyone ended up

The main event
A farm

Not on my TV
The best stable

The moral of the story is don’t be short

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The latest on Rousey that I've heard is that she will be on the Raw after the Rumble:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/953402114037854208

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

rovert posted:

The latest on Rousey that I've heard is that she will be on the Raw after the Rumble:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/953402114037854208

Have you heard anything about the debut in terms of entrance? Can/will Vince pay up for the use of "Bad Reputation" which was a huge part of Rondas original perception and presentation

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheCool69 posted:

Have you heard anything about the debut in terms of entrance? Can/will Vince pay up for the use of "Bad Reputation" which was a huge part of Rondas original perception and presentation

That's a pretty advanced question. I've no idea. There's always the Brawl For All theme.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
What does the McMahon/Austin/Tyson clip have to do with Ronda's debut? Is she going to end up feuding with Asuka or Stephanie or what?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DarkstarIV posted:

What does the McMahon/Austin/Tyson clip have to do with Ronda's debut? Is she going to end up feuding with Asuka or Stephanie or what?

She's been training to wrestle for months and Asuka has been using an arm bar on occasion lately so you do the math.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

She's been training to wrestle for months and Asuka has been using an arm bar on occasion lately so you do the math.

Stephanie has also been preparing to return to the ring, and drat it she needs an ego rub every once in awhile. And the armbar logic could be explained by Asuka won a 4 second match with it, and the crowd found that really cool, so WWE could be trying to replicate that logic without actually understanding why.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 17, 2018

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I completely forgot that Dolph left.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't even know what the comedy option would be with Ronda

Getting in a feud with Steph and losing, or Getting in a feud with Asuka and winning

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I don't know what you do with Rhonda at all, because any match that goes longer than 30 seconds with her tapping out the other girl would be completely unrealistic. That would destroy all the other girls' credibility (not that they have much).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they aren't bringing in a celeb for a special WrestleMania match to lose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they aren't bringing in a celeb for a special WrestleMania match

They aren't bringing her in for just Mania

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't even know what the comedy option would be with Ronda

Getting in a feud with Steph and losing, or Getting in a feud with Asuka and winning

I could see Ronda going over either of them, the problem being is what was posted. It would destroy the other girl's credibility. As well as the entire division in general. Because no one could feasibly look realistic next to Ronda.

Stephanie can take the hit because she tends to disappear for a couple of months after Wrestlemania anyways. People like Asuka, Charlotte, etc cannot. And if its a one off appearance, that's even worse.

Ronda being part of the WWE Women's Division would be complete and utter cancer. And I have a feeling it would destroy the division to the point of where it could never be recovered. Because you KNOW WWE will book Ronda as an unstoppable monster that no one is ever allowed to go over.

Also Chris James 2, I think Rovert brought it up elsewhere here, but apparently Ronda's contract may be a one and done thing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Huh, wasn't aware of that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The main event
A farm

Not on my TV
The best stable

The moral of the story is don’t be short

Big E's not exactly tall, it's just that he's as wide as he is tall.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, but there was a shift in the Womens Royal Rumble market this morning.

Ronda is now a pretty heavy favorite at 4/6. Asuka is 5/2.

Pretty much anyone who isn't named Ronda has had their odds fall dramatically.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

What we need here is to piggyback on the immense success of an untouchable person in the division, like Brock. Why only kill the male side of the card? I'm all for equality.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Any news on Lashley after he has apparently left TNA? I could see WWE not re signing Lesnar and using Lashley as a budget version of him. Look, he does MMA too!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know thinking of surprises at the Rumble, wonder if any talks have happened with Neville and WWE that would lead to him being a surprise entrant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taz was right, undefeated streaks are bad.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

DarkstarIV posted:

Just a heads up, but there was a shift in the Womens Royal Rumble market this morning.

Ronda is now a pretty heavy favorite at 4/6. Asuka is 5/2.

Pretty much anyone who isn't named Ronda has had their odds fall dramatically.

So, when this gets brought up, what does it mean? Do all the books move to have similar lines, is there one major player that the others follow, or are we just talking about one site?

Lines moving this far out based on smart money seems to be pretty much unprecedented. But, these sites have have a decent idea which accounts have the inside dirt, right?

The betting limits are so small that it’s unlikely that the lines moved dramatically based on regular action by betters with no legit insider knowledge. But, I really don’t think we know how much action there really is on each of these. Maybe the voting public actually is moving the lines.

Have the insider accounts bet early? Is there another reason that they would move the lines?

The TV this year really hasn’t made much of an effort to show any major favorites. Usually you have a pretty short list, and we really aren’t seeing that this year, so I guess that makes a surprise like Ronda or DB more likely, but a surprise return/debut for both matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

tbh I don't know why you bother debuting Ronda in the Rumble if she's not going to win it and I have a feeling most bettors at this point agree.