Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

I want to say Funko actually lost millions last year so maybe they're not as popular purchases as they are just pervasive in every store front. Even the local drug store has them here.

But it could've also been a real bad licensing deal or who knows what
i think its overproduction. when i went into gamestop a couple of weeks ago they were practically begging me to buy suicide squad and wwe funko pops on clearance. i think they offered to give me two for free if i signed up for their membership thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Aww. I wanted to see what they'd do for a figurine of Lisa Lisa compared to Rose but they don't have Jojo's funko pop.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The ones that are just mechs are kind of okay (Titanfall, D.Va).

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tauren Chieftain sounds like a scrub.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Guard mechanic sucks. Idk why you’re able to block DURING a cutscene for an attack. How many times I used Final Flash/Death Ball for a sure hit and they somehow managed to block it."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'blocking is hard to do' has to be a new one

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
As someone who's been through more Millia meatgrinders in the corner than I can possibly remember, yes, blocking is hard.

yes, i know that's not what he's talking about

Although actually as a 12 year old I didn't know charging with down back existed and wondered how you were possibly supposed to hit people with moves you could only do while walking backwards.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

Aww. I wanted to see what they'd do for a figurine of Lisa Lisa compared to Rose but they don't have Jojo's funko pop.

I am legit shocked.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

why are you reading gamefaqs in 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

why are you reading gamefaqs in 2018

Where else on the internet am I gonna get all the top tips, tricks and cheats for all the hottest new games?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Also he's just copying stuff out of ScrubQuotes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also he's just copying stuff out of ScrubQuotes.

Its funny stuff.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I mean ya'll should've realized a long time ago Jack Trades doesn't have any original thoughts or posts

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I mean ya'll should've realized a long time ago Jack Trades doesn't have any original thoughts or posts

In fact, I'm a neural network ai developed by Capcom that learns exclusively from fighting games related shitposting.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I’m jumping back over to learning Xrd after taking a year long Tekken sojourn. I missed the 2d and the badass soundtrack.

Really quick question for anyone who’s still playing it. Am I a terrible person for thinking Jack-O seems fun to try and pick up? I glossed over her originally because she seems gimmicky and simple as hell. Upon retrying all the characters, turns out I actually enjoy her moves beyond just the dumping idiots onscreen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack o rules and is totally fair to most of the cast.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Jack-O's one of the most fun characters in the game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Just replaced the buttons on my fightstick for the first time, these Sanwa buttons feel very very good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jack-O is fine but also, gently caress Jack-O

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sakura's SFV story mode is about how she wants to stop fighting and get pregnant and I just can't even

capcom :chloe:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sakura will never quench her thirst

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Sakura's SFV story mode is about how she wants to stop fighting and get pregnant and I just can't even

is she by any chance 24 going on 25

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Endorph posted:

'blocking is hard to do' has to be a new one

As a new player, blocking is a hard thing to remember that it even exists.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

CharlestonJew posted:

Just replaced the buttons on my fightstick for the first time, these Sanwa buttons feel very very good

from what

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I'm sorry what

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Brother Entropy posted:

is she by any chance 24 going on 25

I think she's supposed to just have graduated high school.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zand posted:

from what

it was a MadCatz TES+ so I think they're also Sanwa? But these new buttons feel a lot better, like they have less "weight" to them if that makes any sense

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm sorry what

Her entire story is an existential crisis is what she's supposed to do with her life now that she's getting bored by street fighting and she resolves that doing something normal like getting married or having kids is its own kind of strength

It's honestly one of the better character stories in SFV and the thing about getting pregnant was her getting awkward about the subject because she is Sakura

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Okay, that's not quite as weird then.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
It's also probably a throwback to her MvsSF ending where an older sakura has her son find a picture of her beating the poo poo out of cyber akuma.

The one thing about SF5 that's objectively well done is lots of deep cuts to stuff from before 2000.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Her entire story is an existential crisis is what she's supposed to do with her life now that she's getting bored by street fighting and she resolves that doing something normal like getting married or having kids is its own kind of strength

It's honestly one of the better character stories in SFV and the thing about getting pregnant was her getting awkward about the subject because she is Sakura

darealkooky posted:

It's also probably a throwback to her MvsSF ending where an older sakura has her son find a picture of her beating the poo poo out of cyber akuma.

The one thing about SF5 that's objectively well done is lots of deep cuts to stuff from before 2000.

okay this actually sounds pretty alright and brings us one step closer to OL sakura in sf6

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
How have none of you said this yet

where pregnant sakura

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
That’s the problem, she’s pregnant now. Her story for SF6 is getting over the fight-related miscarriage

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Gutcruncher posted:

That’s the problem, she’s pregnant now. Her story for SF6 is getting over the fight-related miscarriage

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

I think she's supposed to just have graduated high school.

Yes

Alpha series takes place from 1987 to 1990, SFV in like 1995. She's a 24- or 25-year-old recent high school graduate, and that's assuming she was in her first year at the beginning of the Alpha series. Sakura Kasugano took at least eight years to finish high school.

I find myself repeating this pretty often, it's one of my favourite facts about the series

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Hard to find time for studying when you're busy traveling around the world punching people, I guess.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Repetitive brain trauma will do that

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jan 17, 2018

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
She actually could pass but kept challenging the proctors to fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Apparently Android 21 is actually a playable character in FighterZ but...umm....

...why this?