Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

オッパイ (hiragana おっぱい, rōmaji oppai)
おっぱい: milk; boobies, titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Mouser_to_the_Cabinet_Office

Official records released into the public domain on 4 January 2005 as part of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 only date back to 3 June 1929,[5][6] when A.E. Banham at the Treasury authorised the Office Keeper "to spend 1d a day from petty cash towards the maintenance of an efficient cat".[7] In April 1932, the weekly allowance was increased to 1s 6d. By the twenty-first century, the mouser was costing £100 per annum.[8] The cats do not necessarily belong to the Prime Minister in residence and it is rare for the Chief Mouser's term of office to coincide with that of a Prime Minister.[9] The cat with the longest known tenure at Downing Street is Wilberforce, who served for thirteen years under Edward Heath, Harold Wilson, Jim Callaghan, and Margaret Thatcher.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Official records released into the public domain on 4 January 2005 as part of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 only date back to 3 June 1929,[5][6] when A.E. Banham at the Treasury authorised the Office Keeper "to spend 1d a day from petty cash towards the maintenance of an efficient cat".[7] In April 1932, the weekly allowance was increased to 1s 6d. By the twenty-first century, the mouser was costing £100 per annum.[8] The cats do not necessarily belong to the Prime Minister in residence and it is rare for the Chief Mouser's term of office to coincide with that of a Prime Minister.[9] The cat with the longest known tenure at Downing Street is Wilberforce, who served for thirteen years under Edward Heath, Harold Wilson, Jim Callaghan, and Margaret Thatcher.

the article for the incumbent is fantastic https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat)

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

FrozenVent posted:

worthless without cat pics

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

worthless without cat pics

Incumbent
Larry
since 2011

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

hobbesmaster posted:

the article for the incumbent is fantastic https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_(cat)

from the categories: Individual cats

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I know that Wookieepedia is cheating but

quote:

This book introduces into the canon the seemingly improbable idea that the Corellian system—the place where Han Solo grew up—contains a space station "comparable in size to a Death Star," despite the very first Star Wars movie clearly establishing that Han, upon first seeing the Death Star, rejects the idea that it could be a space station due to its size.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

RZApublican posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RZApublican posted:

i went to the page and it's set 18 years after the movie :thumbsup:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sham bam bamina! posted:

idk it takes like 10 years to build a small subway system

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Krankenstyle posted:

idk it takes like 10 years to build a small subway system
it took like 5 years to build most of the second death star

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it took like 5 years to build most of the second death star

just throw more man-hours at it & the completion ETA will go down i guess

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_(Counter-Strike_player)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sometimes i am thankful for radiums lovely url parser

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

without going to the page, i am like 95% sure that i know what book it's referring to, and

1) the space station in question is unfathomably ancient and its builders are lost to time -- so maybe han means there's no way there could be another space station that large that he doesn't know about, because they would all be some sort of famous archaeological artifact
2) the station in question is shaped like a long spindle with a ball in the middle, not like a perfect sphere, so he doesn't have any reason to expect that something that looks like a moon is in fact a space station

[img-:spergin:-which-expands-and-vomits-dozens-more-:spergin:]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:yikes:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
These custom laugh tracks were controversial and contemporaries and historians questioned the sensibility and realism for the use of these tracks.[11]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tommah posted:

Another theological dispute in the 5th century occurred over the teachings of Nestorius, the Patriarch of Constantinople who taught that God the Logos was not hypostatically joined with human nature, but rather dwelt in the man Jesus.

please explain to the class how one of the major issues of the third ecumenical council is "worthless"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lutha Mahtin posted:

please explain to the class how one of the major issues of the third ecumenical council is "worthless"

religion lol amirite

Troutful
May 31, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_isomers_of_tetradecane

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_hug

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lutha Mahtin posted:

username/avatar/post combo

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

martin luther was a huge goon and imo should be the patron saint of internet message boards

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the article for the song "who let the dogs out" has a "see also" section. this section has one link. the link goes to this page

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

quote:

The building was the site of the suicide of Eli M. Black on February 3, 1975. The CEO of United Brands Company (now Chiquita Brands International) used his briefcase to shatter an external window and then jumped out of the 44th-story window to his death on Park Avenue.[19]

lol good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

lol good

the plantain hawker proxy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Agile Vector posted:

the plantain hawker proxy

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergic_salute

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lutha Mahtin posted:

martin luther was a huge goon and imo should be the patron saint of internet message boards

ninety-five shitposts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

prefect posted:

ninety-five feces

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's already a patron saint of the internet, the guy who wrote an early encyclopedia

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
luther couldn't be a saint, because he's not a catholic

though i think he'd appreciate the irony

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

there's already a patron saint of the internet, the guy who wrote an early encyclopedia

the resplendent aura of jimbo 'james' wales be upon this thread

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

See also: Nose-picking

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

luther couldn't be a saint, because he's not a catholic

though i think he'd appreciate the irony

Protestants have saints. also, eastern Christianity exists :ssh:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Protestants have saints. also, eastern Christianity exists :ssh:

speaking of saints, here's a non-worthless article

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

tbf to a modern and non Catholic me a lot of those early church disputes and heresies just seem like the most incredible nitpicking

which I guess is good if the wrong answer nets you eternal damnation

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

A Pinball Wizard posted:

tbf to a modern and non Catholic me a lot of those early church disputes and heresies just seem like the most incredible nitpicking

which I guess is good if the wrong answer nets you eternal damnation

christians, the largest religious group on the planet: um durr, we haff spents tuu tousenn yierss in intalekshel diloog abaut da natur uff gaud

me, with universe brain: heh, nitpicking amirite

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i feel like it would be hard to actually get a number on how many people follow major religions