Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

underage at the vape shop posted:

The bullets are on point but the hitreg and anti trading are not

See thats what I figured, I could fire up any other FPS and my aim would be fine but as soon as I engage someone in PUBG I transform into a potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

aborn posted:

Cheats can certainly ruin a game, but I don't know if I can get behind actually arresting the people that make them. Fine them, sure, but prison time for writing some code is hosed up.

I'm pretty sure the reason people are being arrested is because they're selling the cheats for money which is illegal AFAIK.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

AppleDan posted:

I can believe the pinpoint accuracy thing, I can have my reticle right on someone and still miss half the shots. Then I watch my deathcam and the guy I was shooting at was making the same shots at the same speed I was and hit every single one.

Hold shift.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Regrettable posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason people are being arrested is because they're selling the cheats for money which is illegal AFAIK.

They're being arrested because Tencent is a sizeable part of the Chinese tech/gaming sector and therefore the CCP has an interest in them so when they signed on as a distributor PUBG got backing it wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

edit: lol china
https://streamable.com/xrl17

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
https://streamable.com/w9msi

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 17, 2018

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gently caress, just died in 4th because I fired off a Med-kit half a second too late.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Lmao - this one definitely needs to be added to the bot in Discord with the !bluehole command

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

They're being arrested because Tencent is a sizeable part of the Chinese tech/gaming sector and therefore the CCP has an interest in them so when they signed on as a distributor PUBG got backing it wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

edit: lol china
https://streamable.com/xrl17

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
https://streamable.com/w9msi

https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404187726709712177

Cleaned up Google Translate posted:

Tencent attaches great importance to the establishment of a special anti-plug-in team to collect plug-in production and sales leads in the investigation process. They also found that the group is making and selling games plug-ins for other Tencent games. With the assistance of the Tencent Keeper Program Security Team, Wuxi Jiangyin Police successfully arrested and smashed a number of plug-in production and sales groups such as "Mochizuki" and "Magic Soldier" on December 13, and all three core criminal suspects Arrested and confessed on the facts of the crime.

Dirty Google Translate posted:

According to the "Criminal Law" stipulates: "The crime of damaging the computer information system serious consequences, shall be sentenced to not more than five years in prison or criminal detention; the consequences are particularly serious, sentenced to five years or more imprisonment." Therefore, users involved in the production, dissemination of the game plug-in, will face the law severely punished.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jan 17, 2018

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
China is barely a first world country, it's an aboslute authoritarian shithole. Look up what they do to the Uyghurs. Backwards and overly punitive laws are the norm

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, no poo poo, but it doesn't change the fact that what they were doing was illegal.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is there a way to stop the game from defaulting to Asia servers after every game and on every launch?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

keyframe posted:

Is there a way to stop the game from defaulting to Asia servers after every game and on every launch?

Move out of it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Some clips for you guys. 2 exciting ends!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFFRB4pVsQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hms8SbqvCyU

I got into the top 60 on kill rating for squad fpp na tonight.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 17, 2018

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Slowly starting to see more cheaters in FPP, though still somewhat rare. Ran into this wonderful dude who stalked my squad through walls and then killed us all instantly. Killcam didn't seem too suspicious but he was scary good so I looked up his stats.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Top5DOALOX?server=na

76% headshot kill ratio in duos, 60% in squads, and 80% in solos. He must have a really good gaming chair.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
What a world we live in where video game cheat developers are getting forcibly detained and having confessions beaten out of them by Chinese police.

Maybe if they included a pro-democracy/free-speech message into all of their cheat programs I'd feel more sympathy

Cinara posted:

Slowly starting to see more cheaters in FPP, though still somewhat rare. Ran into this wonderful dude who stalked my squad through walls and then killed us all instantly. Killcam didn't seem too suspicious but he was scary good so I looked up his stats.

https://pubg.op.gg/user/Top5DOALOX?server=na

76% headshot kill ratio in duos, 60% in squads, and 80% in solos. He must have a really good gaming chair.

All the leaderboards look like this, too. In NA you have a few people who have figured out that having 50-90% headshots is suspicious, but instead they have .5 heal kit uses per round and are doing over 1000 damage a round consistently.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 17, 2018

Matazat
Aug 12, 2011

I haven't seen any blatant killed-through-a-wall hackers on fpp, but there's definitely been some with no recoil.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Matazat posted:

I haven't seen any blatant killed-through-a-wall hackers on fpp, but there's definitely been some with no recoil.

I watched shroud last night and all but one of his games ended with his squad getting killed by hackers.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I watched shroud last night and all but one of his games ended with his squad getting killed by hackers.

Watching some of the 'hail mary' kills he makes, I wouldn't doubt he hacks.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Neutrino posted:

As someone already pointed out the last time this came up- watch his replays at 1/4 speed and you'll see that he's human. just.... super human.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Neutrino posted:

Shroud is just really, really good at video games.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Neutrino posted:

Watch some professional CS tournaments. Anyone with that kind of pedigree is going to totally destroy above average players.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the same hacker stream sniping him, to be fair

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
on one hand hackers bad

on the other streamers also very bad and the people who fawn over them are worse

makes you think.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yahtzee decided to review PUBG this week: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117166-Yahtzee-Reviews-PlayerUnknowns-Battlegrounds

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Hackers are worse than people streaming the game and having fun

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Ran into some dudes a few times where I filled them full of bullets, from 10 to 20 feet away, blood going everywhere, and when I watched the death cam the game disagreed and I either never damaged them at all or got a shot into their pinky toe.

Just got kinda annoying.

FPP NA for reference.

And we ran into a few guys we're fairly certain were hacking but still nothing like TPP.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

How do we not have a separate thread for complaining about hacking yet?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

keyframe posted:

It started doing this to me a few days ago but has since gone back to defaulting to NA (where I live). Not exactly helpful for your situation, but maybe it will fix itself for you too.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I am going to stream some games so you guys can admire me. www.twitch.tv/lexneville/

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Has anyone experienced a weird delay between where your camera moves and when your character's movement actually follows? A friend of mine just started getting this problem. If he moves his mouse, the camera turns instantly, but he doesn't actually change direction for another second or two after. He tried reinstalling but no luck.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Danyull posted:

Has anyone experienced a weird delay between where your camera moves and when your character's movement actually follows? A friend of mine just started getting this problem. If he moves his mouse, the camera turns instantly, but he doesn't actually change direction for another second or two after. He tried reinstalling but no luck.

That sounds pretty wacky. Sometimes I double tap alt and get stuck in "free look" and get confused for a sec. That doesn't sound like the same issue though.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it would be real cool if they added an option to disable gamepads since I made the mistake of leaving a controller on and I couldn't figure out why the inventory & mouse movement were so utterly hosed until pressing tab at just the right distance from an item showed a different UI

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Danyull posted:

I just started playing again yesterday after taking a break since even before the new map dropped and noticed this. Wasn't sure if this was normal or if something was fucky going on.

Your friend isn't alone in noticing, in any case.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

All the leaderboards look like this, too. In NA you have a few people who have figured out that having 50-90% headshots is suspicious, but instead they have .5 heal kit uses per round and are doing over 1000 damage a round consistently.

even without checking that closely it was obvious fpp had hackers too because you'd see choco with a realistic really good player kda of 6-7ish and then you'd see several 20+ players at the top of the leaderboard which are numbers you only saw when 30-40 people in each match were afking for crates.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

This was funny and accurate. Thanks for posting.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Do any of you know people IRL that cheat in competitive online games?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Danyull posted:

I had that problem before 1.0 and I have no idea when I stopped having it. It felt like my character was running on ice. I fixed it by not playing PUBG for a month and uninstalling it and deleting the /TSLGame appdata folder, or maybe it just fixed itself magically.

Notably I didn't have this problem when I first started playing, it only showed up after a patch and isn't there for me now.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

fletcher posted:

Do any of you know people IRL that cheat in competitive online games?

I used to cheat in CS back in the old days cause making people mad entertained me as a teenager.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Fateo McMurray posted:

I used to cheat in CS back in the old days cause making people mad entertained me as a teenager.

Making people mad still entertains me. I've never griefed with cheats tho, I feel like I missed an opportunity for some top tier griefing back in the day.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/OddHelplessShrewPanicVis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fateo McMurray posted:

Back in the day when people played Action Half-Life there was this clan called BORG that trolled people a lot. So I guessed the password to one of their ICQ accounts and from there found out they had a file server which had a bunch of the default models, but spiked so that big red lines would stick through walls and poo poo. Essentially a ghetto wall hack. I distributed them to everyone to use against them. Those were good times.