Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gloomy Rube posted:

Does anyone have the original red and rover comics that spawned 'red and rover' being a phrase used in here? It was them explaining 'peanuts' comics as though explaining jokes was a joke.

2010-03-29:

2010-03-30:

2010-03-31:

2010-04-01:

2010-04-02:

2010-04-03:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

they're even worse than I imagined

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ka-ching!
Ka-ching!
Ka-ching!

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Ok, but you're the rear end in a top hat who used up the very last of the shampoo without noticing it was getting low and buying more. Which, given how little you would need for each use, is quite the acheivement.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Koko

Ripley's

:what:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Tiggum posted:

2010-03-31:

2010-04-01:

Thank you so much. These two are the ones in particular I remember. Just... explaining the joke. No actual content of their own. It's incredible. The second one doesn't even have a 'punchline'.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set never skips leg day.

Working Daze reminds you that a cartoon existed.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix knows the true horror is socio-economic unfairness.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

Of all the stupid things in Safe Havens, it's the kid who's always upside-down on the trapeze that drives me insane the most.

I'm pretty sure I've asked this many times, and I probably just always blank out the answer for my own mental health, but why in the gently caress is this kid always hanging off a trapeze?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Cuz his dad is some Cirque du soleil poo poo or some other garbage so they both do it. I'd love to just pile drive them both though :argh:

And I know I just said it the other day, but this whole week is gonna be "Well good thing our murder company isn't poo poo heads" isn't it?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The explanation for that trapeze kid should be in the OP by this point.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery, and the SHOCKING CHARACTER REVELATION is upon us! Plus the return of a certain character from the Scary Go Round days. Don't worry, nobody else remembers her either.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Today's Garf

Surely Garfield's right arm is off model.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 20, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 20, 1996)

Garfield Classic (June 20, 1986)

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I wonder what pleasure Garfield gets out of all those sugary desert foods, considering cats cannot actually taste sweet.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (June 20, 1986)

Yes: does it come with a complimentary insulin dose?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

One litter box and three cats? Those poor sods.

"BREAKING NEWS! Elvis has crapped on the floor!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't think I've ever actually *cleaned* a litter box. You're supposed to replace them annually, anyway.

But yeah, one box for three cats is nowhere near enough.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

"You've burned through your allotted cucks for the month"

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Ham Shears (3/5/12)

The Creeps (4/5/13)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Professor Wayne posted:

Ham Shears (3/5/12)

Haha, yaaay! I knew it was coming, but it still makes me laugh and brings me such joy. Also, I had forgotten why Boss ends up thinking Ingrid's name is Jill, so it's nice to be reminded.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Professor Wayne posted:

Ham Shears (3/5/12)

The Creeps (4/5/13)
These comics are so good. :allears:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think I've ever actually *cleaned* a litter box. You're supposed to replace them annually, anyway.

Holy hell that must stink. We had our last litter box for a decade before changing it. It's just a plastic box, we clean it weekly and use bleach.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His Divine Shadow posted:

Holy hell that must stink. We had our last litter box for a decade before changing it. It's just a plastic box, we clean it weekly and use bleach.
No, not at all. I scoop daily and replace the litter as needed, just never clean it. I use the crystal litter that absorbs all the liquid. Just one cat tho.

And, uh, using bleach to clean urine is...not very smart.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

His Divine Shadow posted:

We have three cats and four litter boxes. They only use three of them. The fourth one is terrifying I guess. When we swapped it in place of one of the boxes they were already using, they quit using both of them. It took a week for them to recover enough to start using it again when we moved them back.
It is a mystery. This one box has six month old, but pristine litter in it. It's so clean, I'd (not really) use it.

We (by "we" I mean "me") clean them weekly. When they were only using two boxes for that week or so, it was so awful. The smell. The ammonia made me gag and my throat hurt for hours. I had to clean the whole downstairs to get rid of the smell.

Those little demons only get away with it because they are so cute and loving.

Edit: lol, didn't think about bleach + ammonia. Don't pass out, I guess. We use litter made with walnut shells and it does a great job absorbing goo and covering odor and it is less heavy than clay litter and smells better naturally (like dirt and trees). Highly recommended.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

My cats are indoor/outdoor, but I still have a litter box because sometimes when it's cold they don't feel like going outside to pee. I scoop and change the litter and accessories as recommended, but only clean the box itself when I find that one of the cats has gotten sloppy. It seems to be fine.

That's someone Luann should have totally recognized!!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2005 Spiderman

The Amazing Arm

Magnificatz

Ughhhhh.

This is made even worse knowing that the type of guy who goes "women and all their beauty products, amirite?" is usually also the type of guy who gets mean and spiteful when a woman dares to be 'ugly' by not using all that stuff.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Magnificatz

Scott Adams, is that you?

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Prof. Filutek (April 18th, 1948)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Haifisch posted:

2005 Spiderman

Why can't they just get another dude to play Spiderman or something? Jesus christ. I can't wait until we get to the point where Peter realizes that he'd have to reveal his identity to be paid, and brings a check to the bank made out to Spiderman.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

How does that work? I assume that since they're gentlemen they sit down and decide ahead of time, "Ok, we'll stand in a triangle and I'll shoot at Frank and Frank shoots at Murray and Murray shoots at me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Julet Esqu posted:

How does that work? I assume that since they're gentlemen they sit down and decide ahead of time, "Ok, we'll stand in a triangle and I'll shoot at Frank and Frank shoots at Murray and Murray shoots at me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuUWq7qGSro&t=120s