Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Your approach seems to be reinforcing centrist points so it's a little difficult to see those leftists positions you support. If it's a devils advocate thing I think at this point in American politics we have enough actual devils that no one needs to pretend

Well, my primary focus is on defeating the Republicans. The Dems are a flawed but conventional party. The Republicans are a racist, treasonous, plutocratic death cult. This doesn't mean that I endorse everything a Democrat does just because they're a Dem, but it does mean that I recognize the vast differences between the two and try to counter all the "nothing matters, both sides do it" cynicism. If anything, that's the opposite of centrism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just realized i've been combining Jack Johnson and John Legend into the same person in my brain forever

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd pick TB to rep good positions, but alas, she's perma'd whereas Your Taint continues to exist to make lovely white noise posts.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Dems are a flawed but conventional party.
lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

:same:

In other news, I was cleaning my desk at home and I have four or five empty notebooks/journals and I feel like I should use them in some manner. Any goons here keep a journal/writing notebook/loogbook or whatever, and what sort of things do you use it for?

I journal daily and it helps keep my head straight. Would recommend.

E: basically I write whatever I'm fixated on at that day or moment and let it organically develop. It's pretty wild how you discover roots of problems pretty quickly. If you do it a bit before bed I've found it's easier to sleep.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 17, 2018

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
They say "For Sale: Baby Shoes; never worn" is the saddest short story ever but have you considered this guy

Bitconnect is not bitcoin proper, but instead a literal ponzi scheme

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 17, 2018

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Your approach seems to be reinforcing centrist points so it's a little difficult to see those leftists positions you support. If it's a devils advocate thing I think at this point in American politics we have enough actual devils that no one needs to pretend

One more thing — positions are pointless on their own. Bringing people over to your position and building the power you need to make those positions reality is the grand challenge. In the end, our deeds outweigh our beliefs.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

jfc these are some of the saddest things I have ever read if true.

https://twitter.com/francispouliot_/status/953462579401232386

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
On one hand I want to feel bad for these guys, on the other:

Don't take your retarded, god awful, shortsighted decisions out on loved ones.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The best part of these cryptonerds is that they go "yeah fraud and grift is just part of the game ya know. Just like with every other investment." Like what the drat hell

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

This one is a 4chan meme apparently. That or someone happened to reenact a 4chan meme.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

that one is fake though

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It has to be fake because no one would ever waste chicken nuggets on purpose

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol i should've known

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
On a scale of yes to you’re wrong how good are chicken fingers

Goin yes all the way

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

dino nug supremacy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
but enough about our president's daily lunch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

On a scale of yes to you’re wrong how good are chicken fingers

Goin yes all the way

Running the risk of the tendies meme, having some well seasoned and properly done chicken tenders with some buffalo sauce or honey mustard daily is almost worth pushing 3 bills

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hot Diggity! posted:

I journal daily and it helps keep my head straight. Would recommend.

E: basically I write whatever I'm fixated on at that day or moment and let it organically develop. It's pretty wild how you discover roots of problems pretty quickly. If you do it a bit before bed I've found it's easier to sleep.

Last night I wrote down a list of small home projects I've been meaning to do. Honestly I've wanted to keep a journal or something for years but 1. I am horribly un-creative and 2. whenever I write about my problems or feelings and re-read them I feel a deep sense of shame and self-loathing. I had to keep a journal for a "philosophy" class senior year of HS and then continued it into my first semester of college and I'm afraid to look at them for fear that I'll want to gouge my eyes out. For now I'm just writing down stuff that I need to remember and any brief flashes of creativity that I have. I could probably write down the workouts that I do but I'm already writing them down on a computer and eh

Maybe my first journal entry should be about why I can't perform self-examination without hating myself or what I write down.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have an idea journal with various concepts and inventions or ideas for inventions, mainly medical devices that I think about and make notes on. I also have a separate one where I tinker with some physics equations, but its nothing ground-breaking, just helping my own understanding.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Spoeank posted:

Running the risk of the tendies meme, having some well seasoned and properly done chicken tenders with some buffalo sauce or honey mustard daily is almost worth pushing 3 bills

I made my own fried chicken nuggets a few weeka ago. Came out alright, but I'll cut the ginger next time. That was a strange taste with the rest of my spices

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I made my own fried chicken nuggets a few weeka ago. Came out alright, but I'll cut the ginger next time. That was a strange taste with the rest of my spices

Key is to put the ginger in the sauce, not the breading

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

canes sauce is just catsup/mayo/worchestershire/no salt cajun seasoning

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Now I want Church's Chicken but I'm currently being a low carb fitness warrior so now I hate all of you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

There are a lot of people who support leftist stuff in theory but cry about it just not being practical right now so support the lesser of two evils now.

Basically the Martin Luther King quote but from an economic point of view.

Remember that this poster is the one who said trying to change the party was holding the party hostage and he was glad it failed.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 17, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

speaking of being a fat boy, the serious eats swedish meatballs recipe is legit. you deep fry them so they brown all over and don't squish down while they cook

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's snowing in the south :3:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Made a Tater Tot Lasagna last night. Turned out alright but I went overly conservative in terms of spicing the sauce. It was good, still I don't think I'm going to turn it into a staple recipe. They're better dishes out there to conqueror.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I used to take beef or chicken taquitos from trader Joe's, put beef or chicken chili over it, then out a tortilla, shredded cheese, and enchilada sauce on top and baking it back in the day.

The day being when I was running two miles to and from the gym and lifting for an hour 3-4 times a week.

Pretty cheap delicious way to hit your macros.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles did i miss you making GBS threads on trump's physical

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

Now I want Church's Chicken but I'm currently being a low carb fitness warrior so now I hate all of you.
I really need to get back on the wagon

I've been able to maintain my weight and shape for the past year but I miss having ketosis breath :v:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

Last night I wrote down a list of small home projects I've been meaning to do. Honestly I've wanted to keep a journal or something for years but 1. I am horribly un-creative and 2. whenever I write about my problems or feelings and re-read them I feel a deep sense of shame and self-loathing. I had to keep a journal for a "philosophy" class senior year of HS and then continued it into my first semester of college and I'm afraid to look at them for fear that I'll want to gouge my eyes out. For now I'm just writing down stuff that I need to remember and any brief flashes of creativity that I have. I could probably write down the workouts that I do but I'm already writing them down on a computer and eh

Maybe my first journal entry should be about why I can't perform self-examination without hating myself or what I write down.

You can always write it down then throw it out if you're worried about feeling self conscious until you're used to the routine. Alternatively a CBT therapist could help with the larger issues. I've been seeing one for over six months weekly and it's helped enormously with some larger issues of mine.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bitcoin is down another 20% today and I can’t stop laughing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

very stable genius posted:

How much has it dropped over the past week?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It is currently 19 degrees in Houston and the whole drat city has shut down

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much has it dropped over the past week?

It started the week at 14k and it’s now at 9.5k. It’s shed ~30% of its value since Monday.

And it’s not done dropping.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

It started the week at 14k and it’s now at 9.5k. It’s shed ~30% of its value since Monday.

And it’s not done dropping.

It was at 20k a couple weeks ago too.

So it's even worse. God I love it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/953624681818583040

whoa

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my girlfriend's sister's husband invested poo poo tons. he's a diehard georgia fan who talks down to you about every single thing, including bitcoin

he also sells windows

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Her what?