Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

He should resolve to drink less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

I like that they both have a dicknose, but Trumps is obviously tinier, to go with his tiny baby hands.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

Newspapers dying, because that's already in the process of happening. And as loving vile as Tinsley is, they're never going to drop him because god forbid Doonesbury goes unchallenged.

Forgetting Prickly City?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Wilcox:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Keiya posted:

Gaslight < YOU ARE HERE
Obstruct
Project

... It's probably not a coincidence that this spells "GOP".

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Xander77 posted:

I'm just going to quote this whenever I need a succinct illustration of "left-wing groups are often impotent and ineffectual by design, because their members fear and loathe the very idea of wielding power".
I am physically incapable of making a jerk off motion big enough to express my feelings here.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The MLK statue is cool because he looks like he might step out of there if people don't behave.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A friend just saw me mention that Dontrel is on Finasteride for his hairloss. I pointed out that it's funny because it causes impotency.
My friend drew a spontaneous politoon.

Ok, what should we call this cure for baldness?
Look at the nice meteor.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lodin posted:

A friend just saw me mention that Dontrel is on Finasteride for his hairloss.

I didn't know dolphins could suffer from hair loss.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

DACA is a shithole? DACA is in a shithole? DACA is getting out of a shithole? DACA is taking a poo poo in a hole?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Unkempt posted:

DACA is a shithole? DACA is in a shithole? DACA is getting out of a shithole? DACA is taking a poo poo in a hole?

Only way I can read it is "people affected by DACA come from shithole countries." It's really weird because for all his many, many faults, Gorrel has been the most consistently anti-Trump Republican cartoonist so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here: I'm taking him to mean "have an ounce of humanity and don't throw these people back into the shitholes they fled" rather than choosing Trump's most indefensible racism as the cue to switch allegiance.

Even the charitable interpretation isn't a good look, but GOP politicians do take that line occasionally so it's not inconceivable.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:lol: at date: Melania

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Day 1: "2 out of 3 is not bad."

Day 2: "At least I am trying to make an effort."

Day 3: "Making a list counted for something."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

Former USA Gymnastics doctor and sexual predator Larry Nassar. Perfect example of why I'm OK with the death penalty.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

the_steve posted:

Newspapers dying, because that's already in the process of happening. And as loving vile as Tinsley is, they're never going to drop him because god forbid Doonesbury goes unchallenged.

My local conservative (sort of, it's mostly just reflective of the town, not raging Fox News/NY Post) rag gets some sort of packet of syndicate comics and a generic crossword puzzle. Doonesbury is stuffed into the want ads, several pages away from the good, upstanding, wholesome comics. Also, it's been in reruns from the 80's for quite some time now.

The joke is my parents pay for it with a written check they send in the mail.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The funny thing about this to me is that Mallard Fillmore is literally fake news

It is a fictional, satirical news program, when it feels like being one anyway

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
???

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Antisemitism/Puerto-Rico-newspaper-apologizes-for-antisemitic-column-533554

quote:

On Monday, the Spanish-language news outlet published an op-ed by Wilda Rodriguez, titled “What does ‘the Jew’ want with the colony?” The column, which discusses the economic crisis facing the ravaged island, says that it is “the Jews who control Congress and that their itinerary is ‘loaded with wars and profits.’”

e: if you would like a different source than JPost, here's Newsweek: http://www.newsweek.com/puerto-rico-jews-op-ed-781912

quote:

Rodriguez added a statement saying that she regretted that her writing was seen as anti-Semitic and that she “can understand the psychic reaction of some to the mere use of the Jewish word. But the intention is not to provoke offense, but to contribute to public discussion.”

On Monday, Rodriguez took to Facebook to further defend her views. She claimed she worked on Bill Clinton’s presidential campaign, where there were “an overwhelming number of Jewish surnames.”

:thunk:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 17, 2018

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

How do these people always double down when supposedly defending

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, I went snooping thinking that Kirschen pulled that one out of his rear end, but the only thing wrong with it was that it was a guest op/ed instead of the newspaper's official position (not that it really matters).

Reminiscent of

only really loving terrible!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Abyssal Squid posted:

Only way I can read it is "people affected by DACA come from shithole countries." It's really weird because for all his many, many faults, Gorrel has been the most consistently anti-Trump Republican cartoonist so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here: I'm taking him to mean "have an ounce of humanity and don't throw these people back into the shitholes they fled" rather than choosing Trump's most indefensible racism as the cue to switch allegiance.

Even the charitable interpretation isn't a good look, but GOP politicians do take that line occasionally so it's not inconceivable.

He's saying that Trump's comments are related to the position of immigrants being precarious, represented in this case by them falling into a hole. Because one of the words Trump said was the word "hole", and it's bad if you fall into a big hole. :effort:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lookin at my Outlook calendar for the day and man it is just loaded with wars and profits

so many wars, so many profits, I don't even have time to take a lunch today, jeez

Shugojin posted:

How do these people always double down when supposedly defending

Honestly the "I know you get mad when you hear someone say the word 'Jew' but we really need to spend more time discussing the Jewish menace" take reminded me more of the GOP than anything else. It's the same kind of viewpoint where it's all about your word choice rather than what you're actually saying.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Mornacale posted:

He's saying that Trump's comments are related to the position of immigrants being precarious, represented in this case by them falling into a hole. Because one of the words Trump said was the word "hole", and it's bad if you fall into a big hole. :effort:

Yeah that works better. I forgot to put on my lazy hat so I tried to make sure the elements of the metaphor had some kind of connection.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Branco is absolutely 100% the dumbest cartoonist posted here. Others are more vile but he is just brain dead.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

Conservatives are always much madder about profanity than they are about any profane statement's actual content, it's pretty firmly established

They always assume everyone else thinks the same way, too. Some of them thought the reason we were all mad about pussygate was that Trump said the word "pussy". IIRC their reaction to Bernie saying "I'm tired of hearing about your drat emails" was "lol look at this crazy old man, he said the d-word on TV"

again and again

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Branco still doesn't understand that people aren't angry aboutTrump using a naughty word.

quote:

Ramirez is mad about Trump not being more subtle about his racism.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Big loving deal," which was in the service of giving more affordable healthcare to more people, is definitely the same – or worse – as calling Haiti a "shithole" and bragging about sexual assault. Branco does it again! A veritable Thomas Nast for our times.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

"Big loving deal," which was in the service of giving more affordable healthcare to more people, is definitely the same – or worse – as calling Haiti a "shithole" and bragging about sexual assault. Branco does it again! A veritable Thomas Nast for our times.

They think the reason everyone is mad is that Trump did a swear, which is obviously just fine, because sometimes Democrats do swears as well. They have no interest in examining either case more closely than that.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Ralls been pretty solid lately. I know everyone is going to jump on me for this because the thread needs a leftist to hate, but his last couple cartoons have had decent messages and were pretty funny. Arts still bad tho

loquacius posted:

They think the reason everyone is mad is that Trump did a swear, which is obviously just fine, because sometimes Democrats do swears as well. They have no interest in examining either case more closely than that.

90% of the democratic outrage is because of the swear. Just as always theyre more concerned with decorum than substance

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

gowb posted:

Ralls been pretty solid lately. I know everyone is going to jump on me for this because the thread needs a leftist to hate, but his last couple cartoons have had decent messages and were pretty funny. Arts still bad tho

lol

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

gowb posted:

90% of the democratic outrage is because of the swear. Just as always theyre more concerned with decorum than substance

lol

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

gowb posted:

This is absolutely not the case. The Democratic outrage is primarily about the racism of the statement. Democrats aren't talking about "the dignity of the office" or whatever right now, they're talking about Trump's nativism and drawing special attention to the Norway part of the comment.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yes. Yes it does

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Duke Igthorn posted:

Yes. Yes it does

Ahahahaha
"Brown vs Board of Education was a bad thing" - a conservative in 1994

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gowb posted:

Todd Rool's ostensible "leftism" is merely rococo fancy fixin's in the service of his own farts.

quote:

Thank you for this cosplay class warrior Brooklynite take, it has been noted for the ledger. Daddy still paying for that apartment?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

loquacius posted:

Honestly, I don't believe they think that at all.

It's deflection, pure and simple. It's them doing the same thing they always loving do: When you don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, change the argument and pretend that that's what you've been talking about the entire time.

"Trump just said something horrifically racist."
"Typical libs, triggered by swear words instead of wanting to focus on the real issues...like Hillary's emails."

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

the_steve posted:

Honestly, I don't believe they think that at all.

It's deflection, pure and simple. It's them doing the same thing they always loving do: When you don't have a leg to stand on in an argument, change the argument and pretend that that's what you've been talking about the entire time.

"Trump just said something horrifically racist."
"Typical libs, triggered by swear words instead of wanting to focus on the real issues...like Hillary's emails."

I think it's a reaction to the news media at large, who tend to be unwilling to just state the truth that the GOP is a white supremacist party and therefore can only adopt a sort of useless scolding outrage when the President repeats neo-Nazi ideas. I mean, how many liberal cartoons have we seen on the last few pages that are literally just a boring joke on the word "shithole" with maybe some mild "actually America/Trump is the real shithole"? When even the opposition focuses so much on the word itself, rather than the despicable ideas behind the word, it's easy to defend Trump like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

gowb posted:

Ralls been pretty solid lately.

“Obama murdered thousands of innocent people just for fun.” Sure, that’s a reasonable statement.