Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope Arsenal do sign Auba and a French winger and just concede all the goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/953132252212465664

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I hope Arsenal do sign Auba and a French winger and just concede all the goals

Working for Liverpool.

Regarding the Arsenal midfield problem any other manager would have resolved it but Wenger will have faith in Wilshere even if he has a leg amputated.

A friend of mine who worked on the Pogba reveal video 4 days before it was announced and had to sign a NDA etc is telling me ‘he has a very strong feeling Sánchez to United is already done’ so take from that what you will.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ungratek posted:

I can't believe Carroll is 29. What a waste his career was

still responsible for my greatest ever PHWOAR for England though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bh5gtb1Sg

(England are shite)

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

A friend of mine who worked on the Pogba reveal video 4 days before it was announced and had to sign a NDA etc is telling me ‘he has a very strong feeling Sánchez to United is already done’ so take from that what you will.

Oh God I forgot about unveiling videos, I bet Alexis insisted it had to feature his dogs

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

gently caress mnachester united

Anime_Ladies.html
Dec 13, 2017

by SA Support Robot

brocked posted:

Oh God I forgot about unveiling videos, I bet Alexis insisted it had to feature his dogs

this would be a good thing

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Bape Culture posted:

gently caress mnachester united

At once or in a row?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Working for Liverpool.

Regarding the Arsenal midfield problem any other manager would have resolved it but Wenger will have faith in Wilshere even if he has a leg amputated.

Ornstein did a post about it. Apparently it’s an honest-to-god swap deal that is close to happening. Only hold up is Mkhitaryan, who understandably is not to keen on playing for Arsenal.

Walcott is almost done, too.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

blue footed boobie posted:

What about his transfer move?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
reports that mike ashley has spoken to benitez and been convinced that he should allow the club to actually sign some players to avoid relegation

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

reports that mike ashley has spoken to benitez and been convinced that he should allow the club to actually sign some players to avoid relegation

Time is a flat circle from Jan 2013

Time to buy a bunch of cheap french players

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The whole Mike Ashley thing is weird because the longer he leaves it the less the club will be worth, time is literally against him right now. Hanging on for a higher offer while the transfer window shrinks is a dangerous game. So is vomiting in a pub fireplace so what do I know.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he was hoping to get multiple bidders to drive the price up because of the tv money. then 1 group did due diligence and saw the club isn't worth anywhere near what he wants and bid nowhere near it and nobody else got involved

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Surely the sensible move now is to sell and cut his losses as either scenario will cost him millions?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The whole Mike Ashley thing is weird because the longer he leaves it the less the club will be worth, time is literally against him right now. Hanging on for a higher offer while the transfer window shrinks is a dangerous game. So is vomiting in a pub fireplace so what do I know.

Hasn’t he made an absolute fortune being an rear end in a top hat who holds out when everyone tells him to cut his losses? He probably approaches the club like he approaches his other businesses.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Surely the sensible move now is to sell and cut his losses as either scenario will cost him millions?

Don’t think sensible and Mike Ashley really go together.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Hasn’t he made an absolute fortune being an rear end in a top hat who holds out when everyone tells him to cut his losses? He probably approaches the club like he approaches his other businesses.

he does it by buying well known but poorly performing brands cheaply and running the brand into the ground before moving on to the next brand

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I love that the Alexis transfer hinges on Mkhitaryan. Wenger loves a lousy swap deal. Cole for Gallas, Reyes for Baptista.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsene transfer a clue!!!

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Really bummed about Miki, looked like he was adapting to the PL pretty slowly last season. At the start of this season he looked really good but now he can't even complete a pass.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Why would anyone join the HMS Arse at this point?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Slotducks posted:

Supposedly they were going to give Sanchez his crazy money, so I assume they have earmarked some big wages for his replacement. Aubameyang seems to be melting down at Dortmund, too.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Slotducks posted:

Probably because they're a historically successful club with european football, and are willing to pay high wages op

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Probably because they're a historically successful club with european football, and are willing to pay high wages op

Well they have Europa League football and are in a position in the table where they're not in Europe next season.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Well they have Europa League football and are in a position in the table where they're not in Europe next season.

Just need to do what Utd did last season and win the Europa League then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Just need to do what Utd did last season and win the Europa League then.

Counterpoint: Arsenal's squad is insanely bad and there are much better teams in the Europa League this season as opposed to last.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Do two years of effort, take the third off, have everyone blame Wengy and Kroenke, leave on a free and get China-tier wages without actually having to go to China.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Shrapnig posted:

in that case it sounds like they have an 'interesting project' going on then

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

blue footed boobie posted:

Ornstein did a post about it. Apparently it’s an honest-to-god swap deal that is close to happening. Only hold up is Mkhitaryan, who understandably is not to keen on playing for Arsenal.

I can't decide if having United get significantly better with Alexis is worth the comedy of watching Arsenal fail even more spectacularly as they try to replace Alexis with loving Mkhitaryan.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

nice of rooney to pick theo up from the airport

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Arsenal gonna just sell everyone and see what happens. A bold new strategy from Wenger.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Looks like he's about to be on the frontpage of the Star for human trafficking.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Wow Walcott somehow passed the medical. Sounds like a thorough test.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
rooney, theo, everton should get crouchy and david james in so its just like the 2006 world cup all over again

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

nice of rooney to pick theo up from the airport

Nice of them to give Frank Skinner a lift

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea being linked with Gaitan, Gameiro, Forsberg, Max Meyer and Andre Ayew as a marquee signing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ozmunkeh posted:

Arsenal gonna just sell everyone and see what happens. A bold new strategy from Wenger.

His plan is to win something with kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

ozmunkeh posted:

im glad hes not going to leave the squad with (as much) dead weight

• Locked thread