Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

But not the DSA for reasons?

i would have no problem working with dsa but i'm not gonna become a member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

But not the DSA for reasons?

pretty sure he's saying that he's willing to work with the dsa, just not join it out right

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apropos of nothing:

It just occurred to me that 80% of Obama's personality was bringing up Michelle and how cool she was lol

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
WE GO PLAY HOOP

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
communism will win

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frijolero posted:

Apropos of nothing:

It just occurred to me that 80% of Obama's personality was bringing up Michelle and how cool she was lol

Good on him for complementing his better half but jesus christ persecute wall street

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

lol I really really love how bad the dems are

unless you get to beat that turtle

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Billzasilver posted:

lol I really really love how bad the dems are

unless you get to beat that turtle

I also don't get this what is their uh, message here? That they identify with and are represented by a cartoon approximation of a national republican figure?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I also don't get this what is their uh, message here? That they identify with and are represented by a cartoon approximation of a national republican figure?

i think theyre trying to use the countries hatred of McConnell to stir up excitement

being pod people they botched it and went with the over produced option instead of simply calling him yrtle the turtle to his face

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Ol Standard Retard posted:

It's pro-Jeb! message!

Cuck Yeah!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Billzasilver posted:

goddamn now I have to see if anyone in the succ zone emptyquoted me.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

MaxxBot posted:

It's pro-Jeb! message!

Cuck Yeah!

u used to call me on my self-own

is the only thing I can pull out of this situation

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

always purge anarchists

:3:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/liftrss/status/950823476994113536

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

the monkey’s paw curls another cruel finger

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Grognan posted:

Good on him for complementing his better half but jesus christ persecute wall street

yes, and also prosecute

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Steve Bullock is better than the DSA

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I just discovered the trailer for "The Final Year", which is an HBO documentary about US foreign policy in Obama's last year of office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUpnqvIwF4

I find it upsetting to see Samantha Power getting lionized and humanized in this film, but moreover I find the rousing strains of this trailer ringing hollow and farcical in light of TRUMP!!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo that’s some fuckin’ propaganda

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I’m the no mention of Yemen in a documentary about Obama’s last year of foreign policy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

always purge anarchists

Wrong

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just discovered the trailer for "The Final Year", which is an HBO documentary about US foreign policy in Obama's last year of office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUpnqvIwF4

I find it upsetting to see Samantha Power getting lionized and humanized in this film, but moreover I find the rousing strains of this trailer ringing hollow and farcical in light of TRUMP!!!

But the West Wing wasn't cancelled after its second season :confused:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Is the dude that posted that typically reliable?

literally everything in it has been showing up in the media for days as "the deal that the Dems are pursuing on DACA", except for "give all the diversity lotto slots to TPSers", which was being floated separately, so i see no reason to doubt it

there's absolutely nothing in that deal that's a surprise, it's all been trial-ballooned already in the papers

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Once all the Trump supporters OD on heroin, Democrats are sure to pick up those seats!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

holy poo poo that’s some fuckin’ propaganda

they serve at the pleasure of the president

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh Snapple! posted:

lmao @ Duckworth

She's routinely described as a nitwit by local Illinois politicians and it's insanely funny how she got so much hype by dunking on a mentally disabled guy whose puppy died

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mandoric posted:

that's the point
there are a whole bunch of no-voting bad dems on there who are otherwise reliable votes for surveillance but are going to :smugdog: about purity tests all through the primary, enabled by whipping the 19 primary-safest members to provide a supermajority anyway

yeah dick durbin was really in danger of losing his seat lol

I do agree he would've voted yea if needed but it's funny as hell to see him as a nay

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mastershakeman posted:

She's routinely described as a nitwit by local Illinois politicians and it's insanely funny how she got so much hype by dunking on a mentally disabled guy whose puppy died

People were extremely quick to defend her from anyone who could be making fun of her for not having legs, including people who used the words "running" and "race"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

I was cautiously optimistic about Duckworth when she won her election but in retrospect basically all of the arguments in favor of her I was listening to were describing her background rather than her political positions

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/953631713544081409
Haven't listened yet, but it looks good

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

tulsi posted in the cspam syria thread

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well, three out of four ain't bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I was cautiously optimistic about Duckworth when she won her election but in retrospect basically all of the arguments in favor of her I was listening to were describing her background rather than her political positions

identity politics, not even once.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
realtalk: what is the USA's actual legal immigration framework? It's some # of permit slots issued to each country and they usually don't max those out, but the numbers are super complicated and no one in the media or politics actually knows theM?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

identity politics, not even once.

It wasn't even mostly an idpol thing, unless injured veterans count as an identity

It was all stuff like "this Democratic politician lost both her legs in Iraq, and she's running as a Democrat :eyepop: wouldn't it be cool to send someone like that to the Senate?"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean Duckworth has said some worthwhile things, and she's come out in favor of good policies.
But her actions show that she's a centrist moron.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There was that time when they were doing a "sit-in" in Congress over gun control and Paul Ryan had all the cameras turned off and all the cellphones confiscated except Duckworth kept hers inside her prosthetic leg and they managed to continue Periscope-ing audio from inside the chamber.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
the problem with any democrat is they're beholden to the democratic party. any one single congressperson might have some great ideas but at the end of the day they have to do what nancy and chuck say which means they'll always be like 3% closer to the center than their GOP counterparts

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ScrubLeague posted:

the problem with any democrat is they're beholden to the democratic party. any one single congressperson might have some great ideas but at the end of the day they have to do what nancy and chuck say which means they'll always be like 3% closer to the center than their GOP counterparts

same with independents who caucus with the democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

It wasn't even mostly an idpol thing, unless injured veterans count as an identity

It was all stuff like "this Democratic politician lost both her legs in Iraq, and she's running as a Democrat :eyepop: wouldn't it be cool to send someone like that to the Senate?"

That's what IdPol is. You want to make sure the voters aren't voting for policy positions, those are hard to defend for Dems (because their policies are garbage). The idea is to present the "identity" of the politician above all else. Vote for the megalomaniacal war-mongering woman, why? Because she is a woman. Vote for the black dude, he's from Chicago. Vote for the Veteran, don't you support the troops? Pay no attention to their policies and don't you dare compare their policies to the opposition party, or to anyone else running. Think about how brave you are for supporting the status quo but through the eyes of the amputee.

• Locked thread