Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Walcott and Coquelin, the problem isn't them being sold, the problem is they weren't sold 4 years ago when it was obvious neither was ever going to be good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He wasn't getting any playing time and Klopp wont let him go back to the Serbian leagues.
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/953637549305626626

Also this...
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/953633272617029632

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Alexis has agreed personal terms with United for some ridiculous amount of money.

Deal now hinging on Mkhitaryan.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
is there some reason mkht went from exciting new signing to makeweight, or was it just the shiny wearing off?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bewbies posted:

is there some reason mkht went from exciting new signing to makeweight, or was it just the shiny wearing off?

the drugs wearing off

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
looking forward to the upcoming meltdowns when sanchez goes to PSG

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lol he’s not going to PSG, he left Barca because his place got stolen by Neymar

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Vegetable posted:

Lol he’s not going to PSG, he left Barca because his place got stolen by Neymar

would you say he was in neymar's shadow?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Diva Cupcake posted:

He wasn't getting any playing time and Klopp wont let him go back to the Serbian leagues.
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/953637549305626626

Also this...
https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/953633272617029632

Is Cardiff going to play Grujic? I feel like there’s a decent player there but he’s going stale just training in Melwood.

Not sure how I feel about selling Sturridge at this point. The striking options are bare as is unless Liverpool can get Origi back.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
United is where Dortmund's star number 10s go to die

See: Kagawa, Shinji

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

United is where Dortmund's star number 10s go to die

See: Kagawa, Shinji

And Pulisic to United rumors are ramping up now too

:911: RIP the only good US player

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Brony Car posted:

Is Cardiff going to play Grujic? I feel like there’s a decent player there but he’s going stale just training in Melwood.

Not sure how I feel about selling Sturridge at this point. The striking options are bare as is unless Liverpool can get Origi back.

Why keep Sturridge? He will only be crocked in your time of need and doesn’t fit Klopp’s system anyway.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Why keep Sturridge? He will only be crocked in your time of need and doesn’t fit Klopp’s system anyway.

There is some truth to that, but wihout him and without Origi, the only non-Firmino option is Danny Ings.

And I don’t see Liverpool being able to buy another good striker this window given the realistic options and FSG’s spending policy.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Brony Car posted:

There is some truth to that, but wihout him and without Origi, the only non-Firmino option is Danny Ings.

And I don’t see Liverpool being able to buy another good striker this window given the realistic options and FSG’s spending policy.

Solanke?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I can't believe Arsenal finally found someone dumb enough to buy Walcott

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I like his effort, but I have my doubts about his finishing. It’s very early days so I don’t think the club should give up on him, but I don’t see him as a viable backup right now.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mr Snips posted:

I can't believe Arsenal finally found someone dumb enough to buy Walcott

The weird thing about Walcott is he still has much more potential than Ross Barkley so it's as bad a deal as it seems for Everyone.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Done Deal

https://twitter.com/everton/status/953673847173255168

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
what a terrible signing (unless he comes good, which he might)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna blow his hammy chasing down a Big Sam long ball :rip:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The thing about Theo that always made me lol was he successfully got Wenger to pay him £100,000 a week and he can’t even take his loving man on without reverting to ye olde playground tactic of ‘kick it past the defender and beat him in a foot race’ which is easy to defend against in professional football, funnily enough.

If Allardyce uses him right and his chances come where he doesn’t have enough time to think about what to do he’ll score them a few goals. As good as Mirallas was for them I guess?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Theo's a good lad and he'll do well at Everton. Hard to believe but he scored 19 goals last season.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Alternatively he'll continue to be permanently offside but at least he'll be annoying a different set of fans

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So everyone is talking about who will replace Sanchez but now who will replace Theo?!!!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

T Bowl posted:

So everyone is talking about who will replace Sanchez but now who will replace Theo?!!!

Hadn't he played roughly zero times so far this season? I'm pretty sure they have a random fast and totally unskilled 18 year old French kid who can replace 90% of his production

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I believe in Theo, he will fly now he is free.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How has Thomas Lemar played this season? He was pretty sought after in the summer, surprised there hasn't been a deal yet.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Apparently Everton have also signed Emre Can

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Theo might be alright in a team that gets to counter attack a lot.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

How has Thomas Lemar played this season? He was pretty sought after in the summer, surprised there hasn't been a deal yet.

Lemar is the new M’Vila. He’ll be linked to everyone for five years and then he’ll gently caress off to Russia.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vegetable posted:

Monaco head is on record as saying they dont sell in January and his valuation in the summer for Arsenal was around 90m pounds. He'll probably get moved in summer.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Still laughing at Chelsea being interested in Andy Carroll and not walking away when West Ham told them that a six-month loan was out of the question and to pay £20m for him please.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

bewbies posted:

Mourinho.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mr Snips posted:

Alternatively he'll continue to be permanently offside but at least he'll be annoying a different set of fans

Can't be offside when you start from your own half....Big Sam is just going to have balls lumped over the top for Theo to chase and it'll probably work well enough.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Walcott isn't good enough as a winger for Arsenal but at Everton surely he only has to be better than Oumar Niasse?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I guess he is basically the only fast person at Everton

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

HJB posted:

I believe in Theo, he will fly now he is free.

Great potential for the future.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

tarbrush posted:

I guess he is basically the only fast person at Everton

Exactly. Imo he's gonna finally get a proper run up front, do a respectable if unspectacular job for 18 months and then get replaced by someone actually good around the time his pace starts to leave, it seems like a good deal to me

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

Alexis has agreed personal terms with United for some ridiculous amount of money.

Deal now hinging on Mkhitaryan.

https://streamable.com/dv0mw

Poor Micky :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol

• Locked thread